“Great place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Manassas
Dallas, Texas
“Great place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

I have stayed at this property almost exclusively over the last 2 years. The staff is amazing, hotel is fresh and conveniently located to everything. My staff and I love it! It has a great layout for weekly stay or longer, plus an excellent Virginia locale. Cudos to Brandi, Taj, Amanda and the staff!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Washington, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

This hotel is on Balls Ford Road, just off Route 234 through Manassas. Close to lots of restaurants, and easy access to Interstate 66.

Called IHG to book a Holiday Inn - using Platinum Member Points.
IHG booked us in the Candlewood Suites, part of the IHG Group.

This Candlewood Suites hotel is an average hotel, not up to par with full and express Holiday Inn hotels.

Good - this is a Pet-Friendly Hotel, charges reasonable pet fee.

Bad - The Hotel Manager was unable to book us for a second night stay - said they were full, and apologized. But good thing we did not stay the second night. My wife complained of bed-bug bites on her arm. So - no more stays at this one.

Room Tip: Check your room before you decide to stay, and make your decision from there.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Manassas, responded to this review, June 15, 2012
Dear FSmithSE,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We take comments such as these very serious and would like to follow up with you. We have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
Clinton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

My family and I attended my uncles funeral last month. Origanally we had reserved 4 rooms at another local Holiday inn but when got there they had us all our rooms completely seperated all over the hotel. They did not look busy as their parking lot was empty at about 7pm but we were told there was no way they could place us on the same floor or near an elevator as my mother has trouble getting around. The rooms were ok but did not "wow" us either. Frustrated, I went back down and asked if they could send us someplace that would take better care of us, and they sent us to Candlewood.
You took us in, made us feel welcome. The desk girl Brandy was fantastic! She moved some things around and got us all together on the first floor and my mom was thrilled. The rooms are large and had everything you could possibly want in them. The staff was friendly and so very helpful, you could tell that they cared and that they knew this was important to all of us. They had games for the kids, movies to pass the time, spot on directions to all the local stuff. We ended up staying 3 extra nights with them and I even sent other family that needed rooms to the hotel. Everyone loved it.

To top it off, as we met in the lobby for our "Goodbyes" the managers came out and hugged my mom and gave us a simpathies card signed by all the employees. Thank you for making the difficult days a little easier, words can't express how much that ment. From now on, my family stays in Candlewoods all the way!!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Hanover
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

We stayed at the place on the weekend and it was an exceptionally awesome experience!!! I am a traveler and get to experience different hotels so...The desk staff was very friendly, polite and felt like they really loved this place. The rooms as expected were clean and had fully equipped kitchen even though we didnt get to use kitchen (we were there for a friend's wedding). I will recommend this place to all my friends and will note this place down as my manassas home....Kudos to management!!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Jersey City, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

I though batter than other hotel in Manassas, because this hotel is newest hotel in Manassas. I was wrong, hotel room is small, bed wasn’t comfort, pillow neither and toilet was clocked. I have call 5 times to front desk no answer then I give up and decided not to stay this hotel any more.

Room Tip: Not to stay
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Manassas, responded to this review, April 22, 2012
mikep870,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received service which was unacceptable. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Ben J
IHG Care
Atlanta Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

I travel about once a month for business, and 2-4 times a year for vacation. Lots of times I stay at Holiday Inns to get my priority club reward points but the one in Manassas was full. This time I chose the Candlewood Suites after the Holiday Inn reservations agent told me that this is part of the same brand and also offers the same points. I wish that every town had one of these hotels. It had a Great bed, really nice towels, flat screen tv and plenty of space. The particular room I stayed in had a separate bedroom area and also a kitchen, which we took advantage of. The location was easily accessible also, as this was right off I-66 so it was an easy drive.

Room Tip: It is worth it to pay the extra cost to get the one bedroom suite. It was only $20 more on the nigh...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Fredericksburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

I've been here a few times and found it to be pleasant. I've had clean rooms and no issues with anything. Front desk was friendly and fast regardless of what time I checked in.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo

Been to Candlewood Suites Manassas? Share your experiences!