“Warm and Fantastic!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bennett House Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manassas
Bennett House Bed and Breakfast
You added Bennett House Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
9252 Bennett Drive, Manassas, VA 20110   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Manassas B&B and Inns
New York
“Warm and Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2010

Manassas is lovely and a short trip to Washington. The Bennett is a great place to stay. Curtis and Jean are warm and friendly hosts. They have a wealth of knowledge of the area and surrounding areas. I would highly recommend staying here. Enjoy your stay!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Hampshire, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2009

An absolutely first class Boarding House with charming and helpful hosts. We stayed here on our first and last nights of a 2-week holiday touring some of the Civil War Battlefields. Curtis and Jean were most helpful, informative and great company over quite excellent breakfasts (what a civilised way to begin the day). Ideally close to old town Manassas. We recommend the Bennett House to any travellers who would prefer to stay in very comfortable surroundings, rather than in hotels/motels.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Norwich, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2008

We really liked staying in this old Victorian house, the hosts were great and we loved Jeans breakfasts, especially the blueberry pancakes. we also liked sitting on the porch in the mornings with coffee and the newspaper.
It was an easy walk into town for evening meals and not far from the Battlefield park. Great place!

• Liked — Hosts
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
hootn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2008

What a glorious pace to stay! Friendly hosts, great food, beautiful rooms. I highly recommend that you give Bennett House a try instead of spending more money for a room at a mid or high level hotel.

• Liked — Great Food
  • Disliked — Stories about Hokies
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Tampa FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2008

Curtis & Jean Harrover are wonderful hosts and true ambassadors of Southern Hospitality in Northern Virigina. We were in the Capitol region visiting friends, and wanted a quiet place to stay away from the hustle & bustle of Washington DC, yet close enough to see all the sights. We found the Bennett House in an online listing, and what a find it was. The home is in the historic district of Manassas, close to the shops and restaurants of downtown. Breakfast is fabulous and filling. Be sure to ask the hosts about local goings on and places to see...they are native to the area and know all the ins & outs of Northern Virigina, as well as the Capitol.

We have been traveling 'bed & breakfast' style for several years now, and this was the best overall stay we've had. We look forward to staying at the Bennett House the next time we travel to the Washington D.C. area

• Liked — The Hosts! Curtis and Jean are simply the best.
  • Disliked — no complaints whatsoever
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New York State
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2008

This beautiful bed & breakfast is a jewel! This was my second stay, and I'll definitely be returning. Wonderful innkeepers, and the delicious breakfasts are fantastic!

• Stayed June 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2007

My husband and I stayed at Bennett House on our wedding night, August 11, 2000 (I had to choose the year 2003 in the drop-down choices because the calendar did not go back further!)
I lived in Iowa and my husband had come from Canada...we married in Manassas with family and friends before returning to Iowa...

I spoke with Jean on the phone weeks before we arrived and she recommended a bakery, ordered, and picked up a small wedding cake for the two of us to celebrate with in our room. She set the table with fine china and silver and made a wonderfully inviting welcome for us.

We enjoyed fruits and wine and cheese as our dinner on the front porch swing.

I was on crutches with a hefty black "moon boot" after unexpected foot surgery and Jean made sure I was able to maneuver the stairs okay, standing guard while my husband helped me up the stairs. She opened the (at that time unfinished) room and bath so I could use the walk-in (hop-in) shower rather than try to get in the tub that was with our room.

We were served a glorious breakfast in their dining room the next morning and everything was perfect!...her Stuffed French Toast is TO DIE FOR!!..as was her homemade apple stuffing (I believe that is what it was, she made it with apples from their orchard)...sausage...and the cantelope and blueberry fruitcups were perfect.

I would highly recommend this B&B for the relaxing inviting atmosphere as well as gracious hospitality and delicious breakfasts that they take the time to make for their guests.
Maybe next time we are in Virginia I will actually get to wander around outside!

• Liked — the warm hospitality
  • Disliked — I cannot think of anything!
  • Stayed August 2003, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Bennett House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!