“GREAT STAY” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bennett House Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manassas
Bennett House Bed and Breakfast
You added Bennett House Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
9252 Bennett Drive, Manassas, VA 20110   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Manassas B&B and Inns
Quebec City, Canada
“GREAT STAY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Lovely B&B in Manassas close to the old downtown. Hosts Curtis and Jean are remarkable. From the minute we arrived to our departure all our needs were met with warm and welcoming smiles as well as homebaked cookies. The 2 guest rooms are a good size as well as the bathrooms. Jean's breakfasts were AMAZING, no need for lunch. A large dining room, living room and porch are at your disposal to use, a great place to chat with the owners and other guests. The location is great for visiting Civil War sites as well as being close to Washington DC. Will be recommending this B&B to family, friends and colleges.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Manassas, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I chose Bennett House for our 20th Wedding Anniversary and it was perfect! We would echo all the other positive reviews and Jean and Curtis are a delight to spend time with. There were many extra touches that they provided for our stay because of our anniversary. Being local Manassas residents, we will surely come back to stay again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Northern VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I live locally and every once in a while I like to spoil myself and support local B&B's.
The rundown:
The Bennett House is located on a quiet street a few blocks away from Main Street which has several tasty restaurants, bars, boutiques and a farmer's market. I was greeted by Curtis where he showed me to my room "The Queen's Bedroom." It was spacious, the bed was comfortable, and I had a great view of the front yard. The room is bright however Curtis and Jean provide an eye mask should you need it. There are plush robes which I used. The bathroom is a few steps away down the hall that you do not share with the other guests. At first I thought this would be problematic but I never saw the other guests or anyone when I used it.
They provide drinks in a fridge upstairs for your use.
Jean graciously made me breakfast at the time I requested so I never ate with the other guests in the morning since I am a late sleeper but Curtis would sit with me and we exchanged stories.
Curtis was extremely welcoming and helpful. He insisted on driving me to the Main Street area even though it was only a few blocks away. Another night I was planning to walk to meet a friend for dinner and he again insisted on accompanying me half of the way. He is kind and sweet.
The Bennett House is a wonderful option to stay if you do not want the loud streets of DC. You can easily take the VRE train into the city which is a 45 minute ride. The station is just a few blocks away.
I will definitely put the Bennett house on my short list the next time I want to getaway.

Room Tip: The Queen room's bathroom is down the hall but is not shared.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Nieuw en Sint Joosland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

What a great place to stay! During our 4 week Civil War tour Bennett House Bed and Breakfast was the second stop. We were still not quite used to the warm and humid climate so we asked Curtis and Jean for a light breakfast. (Feeling sorry for Jean not being able to show us the great breakfast what she's capable of) The location is really good: The battlefield is nearby and so are DC, Fredericksburg and Potomac Mills mall. We enjoyed listening to Curtis telling stories. Curtis and Jean are really friendly and we felt like staying with family instead of at a B&B. If I ever go back to Manassas, i know where to stay....

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Fairfax, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

First off I want to thank Curtis and his wife for the fantastic experience in their home.
It's such a pleasure when on a travel assignment coming across two genuine human-beings sharing such hospitality and an exquisite breakfast! Stuffed french toast, I didn't eat for almost the entire day. Their home is clean, quiet, country-esque, comfortable and it feels like your home when you are there. The grounds are beautiful and you just feel....relaxed the entire stay.
They are located a few blocks from downtown, a local park and the neighborhood has that "southern charm". Welcoming and beautiful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Prospect, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

We chose the Bennett House Bed & Breakfast for an overnight stay in Manassas, VA May 4 - 5 to attend the wedding of a family member. We were warmly welcomed by our gracious innkeepers and enjoyed a fantastic stay at this historic, victorian home. The house is quite charming with lots of antiques, bright colors and lots of little touches that really make you feel at home. Beautiful azaleas, wisteria and dogwood were in full bloom making the surrounding gardens breathtaking. We were treated to a gourmet breakfast Sunday morning that included fresh fruit, french toast brulee, scrambled eggs, bacon, coffee and juice. We highly recommend this B & B and look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I stayed here one night along my trip visiting Civil War battlefields. Very close of course to Bull Run (I'm from the North). I made the mistake of coming in the back door and felt bad for Jean as she was busy with housework. So don't do that; go through the front. Curtis drove me into the business area for dinner and I walked easily back. Great and hearty breakfast; more than I could eat. Curtis is a very interesting guy. He suggested I visit the Marine Corps Museum on my way South and am very glad I followed his advice. This is a 2-room B&B so very much like staying in someone's home but the owners give as much distance as you want. As I was the only person there for one night, they graciously gave me the bigger room for the smaller room rate. Advice: the GPS sends you across the street. I pulled in the wrong driveway and was obviously not 1st person to do it. Owner even moved her car for me so I could turn around.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo