“Great place, fantastic owners” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bennett House Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manassas
Bennett House Bed and Breakfast
You added Bennett House Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
9252 Bennett Drive, Manassas, VA 20110   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Manassas B&B and Inns
San Diego, California
“Great place, fantastic owners”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

My wife and I were in Manassas April 11 - 15. We had read about the Bennett House B&B on Tripadvisor. Thus, we decided to stay there on this trip. The first thing that we noticed upon arriving was how beautiful this part of old Manassas was--quiet, lush with trees and green lawns and gorgeous flowers bloming about everywhere. Pulling down the driveway of the B&B, the pink and white azaleas popped out at us in such brillance, that we felt blessed by such a simple thing of life.

The B&B itself was a blend of all of this surrounding beauty. Curtis (along with his wife, Jean, owners of Bennett House) greeted us as we walked up onto the porch. Right away, you knew you were meeting a true southern gentleman, born and raised in the area. He bloomed with this southern way, just as the flowers were with their colors. He gave us a tour, then began helping us with suggestions of things to do and to see in this historic civil war town and the surrounding areas: the battlefields of Manassas, Monticello, the Marine Corps Museum in nearby Quantico, U. of Virginia, restaurants, etc. He was a walking guide we had all to ouselves.

We settled into our room: quaint, nicely decorated, clean, comfortable and just plain charming. The morning breakfast was always a delight. Pride is deeply taken by Curtis and Jean to make sure you get a breakfast that is as equivilant or better than you could buy at any restaurant in town. Plus, you had the charming breakfast room and their presence to make you feel right at home.

Our last night at the B&B, my wife came down with a severe intestinal virus attack which continued through the night and into the morning hours (Note: the problem had been coming on before our arrival in Manassas). Curtis was an incredible extra hand in helping us. He guided us to the ER at Manassa Hospital. He kept in touch with us as my wife was being given excellent care by the staff there. I went for a bite to eat in the cafeteria. When I got back to the main lobby of the hospital, there was Curtis, waiting to see how she was doing. All the southern gentleman stuff that us folks from the west have heard about through the years--well, Curtis is the epitome of all of that. What a fantastic gentleman he is and showed that he was.

We loved our stay in Manassas and especially at the Bennett House B&B. We will be back, as sure as the sun will rise tomorrow. And we give our blessings and thanks to Curtis and Jean for making our stay something we shall never forget. Thanks!!--Richard & Diana

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Severna Park, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

My measure of a B&B isn't just the house and the room, which at Bennett House are excellent. It's the little touches from the innkeepers that make the difference, and Curtis and Jean serve it up in spades; if there's anything that you can think you might need, they've already thought of it:

- Need a toothbrush or toothpaste? Check. Already there. Same for shampoo and conditioner and shaving cream, and lotions, and hair dryer, and even make-up remover for crying out loud.
- Bathrobes and slippers? Check.
- Snacks? Water bottles (cold), cookies, chocolate. Check.
- Extra blankets, towels and pillows? Check, already there.
- House wireless? Check.
- Electric fireplace in the room? Check.
- Silent!!! ceiling fan? Check.
- Daily newspaper? The Washington Post, check.

Such attention only serves to reinforce the charm and comfort of this delightful inn in a 100+-year-old beautifully landscaped house on the fringe of downtown Old Town Manassas, which is a 10-minute walk away.

Our room -- the Master Room -- was a bright, large and inviting bathroom suite with a very!!! comfortable Queen sized brass bed up against a bay window through which a full moon bathed my financee and me in soft light.

And Jean's breakfast in the classic period dining room off the classic living room was to beat the band: Eggs, fruit, muffins and pancakes.

The grounds are covered with beautiful bushes and flowers, and the house boasts a comfortable front porch with chairs on which to sit to read while waiting for breakfast or having an evening aperitif.

And, of course, the hosts are delightful.

I highly recommend the Bennet House as a weekend getaway B&B.

Room Tip: Pick the Master Bedroom. There are only two bedrooms in the house, and while the other is delightful...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

My husband and I just spent a long weekend here for the first time. We had a wonderful time. Curtis and Jean are excelltent hosts and made us feel right at home. Curtis was always ready to get us anything we needed and willing to help in any way (including opening windows to cool our room off while we were out after we found it too warm the night before). The breakfasts were nice. Jean made a baked peaches and cream French toast one morning that I unfortunately found too sweet. She quickly offered and made me regular French toast. I appreciated their willingness to be so accomodating. It was also nice to be able to pick our breakfast time rather than having a strict time. We would definately stay again if we are in the area.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Queen's room but would pick the Master's Suite next time to have a bathroom...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

We have been staying at this B&B for the past 7 years and have never had less than a great experience. Curtis and Jean are excellent hosts and at their home you feel 'at home'......the ultimate aim of a B&B. The breakfasts, cooked by Jean, and of course supervised (at least he thinks so) by Curtis are superb! You will not need lunch. There are lots of things to do and see in the area and Curtis and Jean have a wealth of information to pass on. Of all the places we have stayed this is the one that stands head and shoulders above the rest. When we began flying into Washington the Bennett House was a convenient stopover but now we often stay for a week finding the area has still much to offer.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Lynchburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

My wife and I stayed there for a long weekend over Valentine's Day weekend. The house was a very nice, older home turned bed and breakfast. It was on a cul-de-sac in a neighborhood. The area was very quiet, but it was still close enough that there were things to do. We had to drive a little ways to get to a Metro station, but it wasn't too bad. The breakfast was delicious and the owner had quite a cache of interesting stories he told us during breakfast. Everyone eats at one table in the dining room, so it may be a bit out your comfort zone if you're a private person, but it's often interesting to learn about other people. The room we stayed in was across the hall from the bathroom, but we were in the small room. We had the bathroom to ourselves, so no worries. I believe the larger room had a bathroom inside the room. The rooms were clean and they had free WiFi. We would definitely stay again and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

I stayed 4 nights, 2 with my 24 yr old daughter and then 2 more when my husband joined us. Our room was delightful, bed comfortable and our private bathroom was across the hall. When my husband joined us, our daughter conveniently used their office that had a twin bed in it, right next to our room. Wireless internet is available, along with a refrig upstairs stocked with water bottles! Each morning breakfasts were very good and varied. Many days breakfast was so filling that we didn't even need lunch. Jean and Curtis were wonderful hosts, so pleasant. While serving breakfast, they asked if we needed directions, options on what to do, etc. Curtis gave me his cell phone # for any questions about directions, restaurants or anything. I ended up calling him many times and he was always pleasant and had helpful answers. On the day we went into Washington D.C., Curtis drove us to the train station and showed me how to buy the tickets. He really took care of us and then they both picked us up at the end of the day in their car. Such service!!
The B&B is located in the historic district of Manassas, walking distance (about 5-10 min) to shops and restaurants. The battlefield is a short 5-10 minute drive away.
The day we chose to go to Gettysburg to see the reenactment, they had breakfast ready early for us.
The Bennett House was a wonderful start to our trip and highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Our room had a detached bathroom which was our private bathroom. Ours was fine. The other room I un...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
America's Finest City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011

My wife and I stayed for two nights while visiting the local sites - D.C. is only an hour's train ride away (and the train station is just two minutes away), and Manassas itself is a treasure trove of Civil War history. Curtis and Joan are the host couple who made our stay very enjoyable. There are two rooms - we stayed in the Queen's room which gave us sole access to the bathroom just down the hall. The Master room has its own, beautifully redone, bathroom. It just so happened that at the time of our stay, we had the place to ourselves! Their house is a beautiful, old home with some lovely remodeling and updating done on it. Curtis and Joan were around enough to be available if we needed them but they were not always visible, which made my wife and I feel as if the house was truly ours. The breakfasts, served in their lovely dining area, complete with wonderfully quiet, soothing music playing, were delicious. Stuffed french toast one day and blueberry pancakes another. The dish/stem ware used made us feel quite royal. Curtis was extremely helpful in getting us to the train station (provided an unexpected, and much appreciated chauffeur service) and assisting us with directions and "what to see and do" suggestions. Were we to every head back to the quaint old town of Manassas, we would surely look to stay at the Bennett House again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Bennett House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!