“Don't Stay Here!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 19 hotels in Manassas
Atlanta, Georgia
“Don't Stay Here!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have to say, this is the worst Marriott I have ever stayed at. It was nearby for business meetings I had, but I brought my kids to do some sightseeing in D.C. before the meetings started.

It started out bad from the very beginning. Our reservation was for adjoining rooms so I would have access to my young children during our stay. The clerk, who I spoke with earlier that day on the phone and was rude, condescendingly told me we had "adjoining" rooms since they were next to each other. That is called adjacent, and when the reservation was made, I spoke with the manager who put a block on the correct rooms. Our rooms were "accidentally" given to someone else, but the girl knew exactly what she had done and it was obvious it wasn't accidental.

After an apology from the Manager the next day (after getting the correct rooms the second day), we asked for a restaurant recommendation for the area. They sent us to a restaurant that is no longer in business...not bad, not wrong, but not open at all. How do you send patrons to a someplace that is no longer in business, clearly you haven't checked your recommendation list lately.

If you want to take your kids to the pool...not here. The heat pump was broken our entire stay which granted is not really their fault, things happen. However, the pool is not open during the day (even though the hours are posted for daytime usage). The clerk informed us, since most of their guests are business people, the pool isn't open until after 5p.m. Unfriendly for children much? So if you thought to have an activity during the day for the kids, try another hotel.

We can then get into the leaking faucets, creaking doors, plastic wall protectors not attached to the wall and carpet coming up out of the floor. The hotel is not in good repair. And the cleaning staff...mediocre. The day we checked out, I did a room check to make sure nothing was left behind and checked under the bed skirts. One of the beds had an empty beer can underneath...and it wasn't ours. Some previous guest left it and we were there for a whole week. Also, you couldn't leave food in the room for more than 30 minutes before you had ants in it. We got donuts for breakfast, ate a few and then took showers. By the time the showers were done, the donut box was full of ants. Same thing with my coffee.

I am not sure what else to say about this hotel. Most of the staff was friendly (with the exception of the one crappy clerk who purposely gave our room away and was rude), but otherwise, our stay was subpar.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
William Q, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Manassas Battlefield Park, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Please accept our apologies for our failure to provide you with the rooms that you had requested and the service that you had expected.. A management error made earlier in the day was the cause of the rooms not being available. A lesson learned and a mistake that won't be repeated. A popular restaurant with excellent reviews unexpectedly closed about 3 weeks ago. We had no idea until you or another guest reported the sad news to us. Our pool heater did breakdown several weeks ago. Our pool remained opened and our new heater was received and installed last week. Our pool is life guard protected and hours are posted on our website and on iin-house signage. Our building engineer has performed preventive maintenance on both rooms and eliminated the donut loving ants. We sincerely apologize and hope that you will return one day to reassess our ability to provide superior service and hospitality.

92 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Matthews, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Check in was a breeze, front desk staff smiling and friendly.
We had a king room for this stay and let me tell you at 230 sq feet it was not only spacious but well appointed. I absolutely LOVED the bed - it was beyond comfortable. Even my hubby who is typically up by 6 slept until 8 because we were so comfortable.
There is a nice bistro in the lobby, we did not use it but the menu is lovely should you choose to stay in. There is also a large TV in the lobby for sports events that would be awesome to share with new friends.
We were sadly awakened late that night by neighbors in the next room who were rowdy and seemed to be setting off fireworks from their balcony. It was short lived so I can only assume management put an end to the shenanigans.
I would highly recommend this location to those history buffs hiking battlefields - after a hot shower and a respite on the sofa or bed you will be ready to go again in the morning!
Well done!!

Room Tip: Choosing the king room was perfect. There was a desk for working, a sofa for reading and a comfy bed...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Bristow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

I had to stay here for a few days to stay out of my home and I was very comfortable. Very nice staff and very comfortable rooms. My daughter didn't want to leave! I love the fact you have a sliding door and get fresh air in the rooms as needed. The only disappointment was that the pool was not at all heated and so no one went swimming. Otherwise, it was wonderful.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Harrisburg PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

The location was great, as we were attending a wedding East of Manassas with the reception being held west of Manassas. The rooms were very clean and comfortable, the area was very quiet. Special accommodations for adjoining rooms for family were met with a simple request when the reservations were made. Alcoholic beverages were available at the bistro, up to 10:00 pm as well as a wide assortment of food and snacks. Enjoyed my visit.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

This hotel was absolutely amazing! The lobby looks like a high-end hotel with a nice business center and a bistro. The rooms are updated and new with comfortable beds. The rooms are spacious and clean.
The pool and fitness room are also nice and I love that the fitness room was available 24/7!
Only thing I would recommend: Extending the bistro hours (only open until 10pm) and lowering prices. The food is a bit costly.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Wheeling, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Our rooms were booked in January for a May stay. Registration was quick and easy and due to our large group they had enough help at the desk to make check in fast. The rooms were large and very clean. The location made it possible for our group to meet outside in the evenings in the large parking lot and socialize and when the inner courtyard was closed and we wanted to be inside to socialize, the staff allowed us to sit at the cafe area which was closed. They were very accommodating to all of us and we look forward to making this our new yearly stop on our Rolling Thunder weekend. Staying here will not be a disappointment to you!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

This hotel is right off I-66, easy on and off. The room and common areas have recently been renovated. The management and front desk staff were extremely helpful. The swimming pool was clean. the laws in this area state that there must be a life guard on duty if the pool is open so it is only available on evenings and weekends. Beds were comfortable, rooms were spacious. Next door to a Cracker Barrel, not far from an Unos, Wendy's so on. great option. I would definitely use this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Manassas Battlefield Park? Share your experiences!