I have to say, this is the worst Marriott I have ever stayed at. It was nearby for business meetings I had, but I brought my kids to do some sightseeing in D.C. before the meetings started.
It started out bad from the very beginning. Our reservation was for adjoining rooms so I would have access to my young children during our stay. The clerk, who I spoke with earlier that day on the phone and was rude, condescendingly told me we had "adjoining" rooms since they were next to each other. That is called adjacent, and when the reservation was made, I spoke with the manager who put a block on the correct rooms. Our rooms were "accidentally" given to someone else, but the girl knew exactly what she had done and it was obvious it wasn't accidental.
After an apology from the Manager the next day (after getting the correct rooms the second day), we asked for a restaurant recommendation for the area. They sent us to a restaurant that is no longer in business...not bad, not wrong, but not open at all. How do you send patrons to a someplace that is no longer in business, clearly you haven't checked your recommendation list lately.
If you want to take your kids to the pool...not here. The heat pump was broken our entire stay which granted is not really their fault, things happen. However, the pool is not open during the day (even though the hours are posted for daytime usage). The clerk informed us, since most of their guests are business people, the pool isn't open until after 5p.m. Unfriendly for children much? So if you thought to have an activity during the day for the kids, try another hotel.
We can then get into the leaking faucets, creaking doors, plastic wall protectors not attached to the wall and carpet coming up out of the floor. The hotel is not in good repair. And the cleaning staff...mediocre. The day we checked out, I did a room check to make sure nothing was left behind and checked under the bed skirts. One of the beds had an empty beer can underneath...and it wasn't ours. Some previous guest left it and we were there for a whole week. Also, you couldn't leave food in the room for more than 30 minutes before you had ants in it. We got donuts for breakfast, ate a few and then took showers. By the time the showers were done, the donut box was full of ants. Same thing with my coffee.
I am not sure what else to say about this hotel. Most of the staff was friendly (with the exception of the one crappy clerk who purposely gave our room away and was rude), but otherwise, our stay was subpar.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Visit the Courtyard Manassas Battlefield Park located near the Dulles High Tech Corridor, Jiffy Lube Live, and the Manassas Battlefield National Park . Our hotel features a new lobby with flexible spaces to work or relax in, free Wi-Fi throughout and The Bistro - Eat. Drink. Connect, providing guests healthy food & beverage offerings, specialty coffee drinks and cocktail service. Guest can take advantage of our onsite fitness center and indoor pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Marriott, Tingo, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Manassas Battlefield Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Manassas Battlefield Park Hotel Manassas
- Manassas Marriott
- Manassas Courtyard
- Courtyard Manassas Battlefield Park