“Suited all of my needs, very nice staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Manassas
chicago, il
“Suited all of my needs, very nice staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Had a great one night stay at Marriott Manassas. Booked with an extra discount for rewards members.

Checked in with a really friendly worker who gave me a quick rundown of the hotel and local attractions. DEFINITELY take the time to check out the battlefield right near hotel. Even if that isn't on your agenda, it will only take 30 minutes or could take all day depending on your desire but definitely a gem in history that is worth the visit. I did a quick tour of the visitors center and then walked the battlefield in 30 minutes round trip. Don't miss that piece of American History you might never be close to again!

Room was very nice. One King bed, with couch that had a balcony overlooking the courtyard. The 1.25 bathroom suited all my needs and I thought the bed and linens were high quality.

Used the workout room which was small but had everything you needed. Free weights, recumbant bike, 2 treadmills and an elliptical. The elliptical needed servicing but other than that, got a good workout in.

Marriotts seems to be straying away from the free breakfast concept and going towards this little restaurant in the lobby. The service and food are great but it isn't cheap so just keep that in mind if you are traveling with family.

If i am ever back in the area, would definitely visit again!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
William Q, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Manassas Battlefield Park, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Thank you for staying with us! Your feedback is appreciated. I will have our fitness equipment tech trouble shoot the eliptical machine. We do offer a "Stay for Breakfast" rate on weekends which you may want to consider for your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Newburgh, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

I have stayed at this courtyard probably 4 times in the last year. It just so happens my company is across the street. The rooms are very clean, its right of 66 which is nice, the staff is very helpful. I stayed at a competitor across the street once because it was slightly cheaper. it was a mistake i wont make again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
William Q, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Manassas Battlefield Park, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Thank you for staying with us so often. We appreciate your feedback and will continue to strive to improve, so that your next stay will be even more enjoyable.
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Great hotel! The rooms were very clean. We had no problems with noise coming from outside or the hallways. The beds were extremely comfortable! We had 2 problems during our week long stay, the ice maker on our floor was not working (Not much of a problem by any means, because you can very easily go to another floor). Our other problem was a bit awkward and uncomfortable. We had to request a microwave, and about 30 minutes after arriving to the hotel, a maid knocked on our door once, came to into our room, apologized, sat the microwave down on the floor, and then walked out. Lol. We had booked 2 rooms, and requested a microwave for each, and the microwave to the other room was just placed in front of the door. (I'm assuming this is probably the correct thing to do). I'm not sure why there have many so many complaining about poor signage, I remember at least 3 signs (1 at the Red Light, 1 right after the entrance to Cracker Barrel, and another when you finally turn into the hotel parking lot). Will definitely stay here again! Many restaurants in the area, shopping, and very easy access to I-66.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
William Q, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Manassas Battlefield Park, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and pleased that you saw our signs. Cleanliness and the comfort of our beds are two of our cornerstones. We will be installing all new mattresses in December 2013. I apologize for the ice machine issue. It was repaired and all floors have ice once more. Our associate should have placed the microwave on the desk or in the place of your choosing. I will highlight room deliveries at our Monday meeting and ensure we are all on the same page. Thank you for staying with us.
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I really like this property. I guess this is the whole point of properties like Courtyard in suburban towns- to create rooms and environments that feel like a full service hotel out in the 'burbs. This room feels every bit as nice as a Marriott flagged property. The lobby is nice- but the breakfast options are a bit pricey and not the most appetizing. But there's Cracker Barrel right next door.

The housekeeping staff are exceptionally friendly, by the way!!

Definitely worth coming back again in the future!!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
William Q, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Manassas Battlefield Park, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you for staying with us again! We do offer a "Stay for Breakfast Rate" on weekends. Its a excellent deal. The food is freshly prepared and tastes great too.
Robinson, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

The staff was very helpful while I was staying with them. I asked all kinds of questions about where things were and how to get there as well as for all the little things I forgot to pack, like toothpaste and extra conditioner and shampoo. They were always helpful and very nice. The room was great too. I had a large room the gave me plenty of room to unpack all of my things while I got ready for a wedding. The room and hotel were very clean and it was easy to find things in the hotel. Overall, it was a great place to stay.

Room Tip: I had a king bed in my room. There was a couch and a coffee table in there. The room was facing th...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
William Q, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Manassas Battlefield Park, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again when you return for the first anniversary celebration!
Big Pine Key, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

My sister and I recently spent the night at this Marriott to spend time with my son and daughter, who live in the area. We were only spending the night, and spending more time out of the room than in. First...it's not easy to find. Both of us made wrong turns going in. Poor signage. The guy at the front desk, answered the phone as we walked in and basically ignored us. Another man was running a floor cleaner and stopped what he was doing, came to the front desk and checked us in. We were tired and not prepared for several questions. Where were we from? What was the purpose of our visit? Where were we going? I felt like we were completing a survey (we probably were). We got our keys and went to the second floor. The first key wouldn't work after several tries, we tried the second key. Nope. So, I went back down to the lobby. The man on the phone was off by then. I explained the key wouldn't work. Turns out, we were in room ### and the key was made for room %%% (on a different floor and not even close). We got the right key. I went back to the second floor and that's when I saw cereal, ground into the carpet, halfway down the hallway.

The room was nice. The bed was even nicer. No complaints, it was clean and comfortable. The a/c worked fine. We went out and met my children for dinner. We returned around midnight. That's when we found out the tv remote didn't work. It was late, we didn't want to complain at that hour, but it was so simple. There are just a few things that shouldn't be wrong in a hotel.

It wasn't terrible, but for $100, I want better than that.

Room Tip: I'd check everything out early, as soon as you check in.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
I apologize for the difficulty you had finding our hotel, checking in and the cereal littering our hallway carpet. We do have signs on the corner of Sudley Road and also on the corner of the entry way to our hotel. Any suggestions for additional signage would be welcomed. Our Front Desk associates are trained to provide friendly and prompt service. I regret that they did not meet your expectations. If you would want to call or email (cy.mnzch.gm@marriott.com) with some additional information I would be pleased to speak with my associates and ensure this doesn't happen again. We take pride in the cleanliness of our hotel. A variety of debris finds its way onto our carpet, floors and parking lot. We make every effort to get it cleaned up as soon as possible.
Destin, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

This is a beautiful Marriott. We only stayed one night with a last minute reservation, so there were only "accessible" rooms available. It was on the first floor, but fine. Everything was clean and spiffily decorated. The staff was very friendly and efficient.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Manassas Battlefield Park? Share your experiences!