“Wonderful hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 19 hotels in Manassas
Robinson, Illinois, United States
“Wonderful hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

The staff was very helpful while I was staying with them. I asked all kinds of questions about where things were and how to get there as well as for all the little things I forgot to pack, like toothpaste and extra conditioner and shampoo. They were always helpful and very nice. The room was great too. I had a large room the gave me plenty of room to unpack all of my things while I got ready for a wedding. The room and hotel were very clean and it was easy to find things in the hotel. Overall, it was a great place to stay.

Room Tip: I had a king bed in my room. There was a couch and a coffee table in there. The room was facing th...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
William Q, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Manassas Battlefield Park, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again when you return for the first anniversary celebration!

91 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Big Pine Key, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

My sister and I recently spent the night at this Marriott to spend time with my son and daughter, who live in the area. We were only spending the night, and spending more time out of the room than in. First...it's not easy to find. Both of us made wrong turns going in. Poor signage. The guy at the front desk, answered the phone as we walked in and basically ignored us. Another man was running a floor cleaner and stopped what he was doing, came to the front desk and checked us in. We were tired and not prepared for several questions. Where were we from? What was the purpose of our visit? Where were we going? I felt like we were completing a survey (we probably were). We got our keys and went to the second floor. The first key wouldn't work after several tries, we tried the second key. Nope. So, I went back down to the lobby. The man on the phone was off by then. I explained the key wouldn't work. Turns out, we were in room ### and the key was made for room %%% (on a different floor and not even close). We got the right key. I went back to the second floor and that's when I saw cereal, ground into the carpet, halfway down the hallway.

The room was nice. The bed was even nicer. No complaints, it was clean and comfortable. The a/c worked fine. We went out and met my children for dinner. We returned around midnight. That's when we found out the tv remote didn't work. It was late, we didn't want to complain at that hour, but it was so simple. There are just a few things that shouldn't be wrong in a hotel.

It wasn't terrible, but for $100, I want better than that.

Room Tip: I'd check everything out early, as soon as you check in.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
I apologize for the difficulty you had finding our hotel, checking in and the cereal littering our hallway carpet. We do have signs on the corner of Sudley Road and also on the corner of the entry way to our hotel. Any suggestions for additional signage would be welcomed. Our Front Desk associates are trained to provide friendly and prompt service. I regret that they did not meet your expectations. If you would want to call or email (cy.mnzch.gm@marriott.com) with some additional information I would be pleased to speak with my associates and ensure this doesn't happen again. We take pride in the cleanliness of our hotel. A variety of debris finds its way onto our carpet, floors and parking lot. We make every effort to get it cleaned up as soon as possible.
Destin, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

This is a beautiful Marriott. We only stayed one night with a last minute reservation, so there were only "accessible" rooms available. It was on the first floor, but fine. Everything was clean and spiffily decorated. The staff was very friendly and efficient.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Beautifully appointed room. Very comfortable bed.
Accidentally put a pay for view movie on the TV for not more than 10 seconds and incurred a $10 charge on my bill. Front desk reversed the charge promptly with a smile.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

We stayed here for a day and a half. We checked in late at night around 2 am, the receptions didn't seem excited about that. When she checked our reservation I was told that there was no King bed rooms even though my reservation was confirmed for such a room. I'm guessing since we were so late they gave our room away. She finally secured for us a king room which turned out to be a special needs room. While it was clean and nice I didn't feel comfortable taking the room. At checkout the same person was at the reception and seemed to be in a better mood and was helpful and cheerful. The location wasn't that great but it felt the best option for me as we were flying through Dulles the next day.
Overall it was a nice stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Putnam CT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We had no problems with our stay. The rooms were at the very least adequate, and the service good; mthat is until one attempts to check out, and is placed in the clutches of the Front Desk Clerk. For starters, she attempted to bill us for a movie we did not order, nor watch. Clearing that charge was taking upwards of 15 minutues when she discovered a telephone charge that was made in the room the night we checked in; albeit an hour earlier. A Manager finally came over and told us she was clearing the account and there would be no additional charges forthcoming. Today I looked at my Bank Statement and there was a charge from you folks for $6.70. The amount is even less than insignificant. The principle is not. You could have just as easily ripped me off for $670.00, and that's how I perceive it.....a ripoff.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
William Q, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Manassas Battlefield Park, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
I apologize for the problems at check-out. I see that there were two issues. Our associate trying to rebate the movie from your folio got confused and should have requested assistance rather than make you wait. Secondly Virginia implemented a tax increase on 7/1/13. At check-in our night auditor mistakenly took cash from you at the previous tax rate. When we checked you out, our system charged you an additional $2.67 which was the difference between the old and new tax rate plus $4.03 for 2 Starbucks coffees that you charged to your room that morning This resulted in the charge of $6.70 that you mentioned. I am rebating the $6.70 to your credit card today and also working with our desk clerk to provide some additional training. Thanks for bringing this to our attention and please let me know if you have any other questions.
Simpsonville, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Rooms okay but aging and need updating in some areas. Service was as expected. We had two rooms, both of which were not clean. Both looked like the had not been dusted in ages and one had drawers full of garbage from a previous occupant.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
William Q, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Manassas Battlefield Park, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Thanks for your feedback. Just a bit confused about your aging comment since we finished a complete renovation of the hotel in January 2013. Feel free to contact me with specifics and I'll be pleased to address your concerns. We do strive daily to meet and exceed all Marriott standards. Our housekeepers do dust daily. I will share your comments with the team during our morning meeting this Monday.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Manassas Battlefield Park? Share your experiences!