“Great Customer Service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 19 hotels in Manassas
Arlington, Virginia
“Great Customer Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I stayed at this location a week ago with my family, and the customer service shown by one of the front desk associate's was great! I believe her name was Asma Qureshi. She was super friendly and helpful, by giving us tips on the surrounding area. Overall great stay and service!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

132 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Hagerstown, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This hotel overall was not clean. The rooms are very small and do not have a microwave. The refrigerator in our room did not work, which was very inconvenient. Our heating unit blew cold air all night and would not turn off, we tried turning up the temperature but it would not get warm. We ended up unplugging the unit. It was only 62 degrees in the room the entire stay.

The staff was polite and understanding when we mentioned this issue during checkout. Overall, we would choose not to stay at a Fairfield Inn in the future simply because there is no microwave and the rooms are small.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
ffismanassas, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Manassas, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
I'm sorry if you were inconvenienced last time you were here due to a non working Heat Unit and also missing Microwave. After you had check out at the property I personaly visited your room with our maintenance person. Some of our room had two controller; wall thermostat and from the unit it self, the room you stayed in was controlled by the unit it self. As soon as I turned the heat on, the system works with in that second. Please don't think that we are doing such thing overall, and I apologize if we missed something. This is certainly not the way we wanted your visit with us. Please give us one more chance to prove that we have everything that you need. Thanks again for staying with us. I will assure you that the situation is not going to happen again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is in a nice location. The room itself was clean and had a nice atmosphere. Everything i needed for my stay was there. I felt very comfortable, almost like i were at home. The complimentary breakfast was great too. They had a good selection: bagels, muffins, waffles, eggs, bacon, sausage, and a lot more. It was more than i expected. The staff was very pleasant, friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay in this hotel again!

• Stayed February 2013
ffismanassas, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Manassas, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay with us.We are so happy that you enjoyed your time while you are here. Thank you so much for sharing a nice positive wordings, These mean so much for us here at the Fairfield Inn and Suites. We hope to see you again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

Even though the pool is out of service..my family and i had a very pleasant stay .especially there front desk associate alex he was very courteous and helpful. Definetly would love to come and stay at this property again.

• Stayed January 2013
ffismanassas, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Manassas, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
First off, we would like to apolagize for any inconveniance that may have been caused by our pool not being open during your stay. I am,however, glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the service you recieved during your time with us. We would love to have you back if you find yourself in manassas in the future.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Blah! We recently stayed at this hotel with a large group of people and found it to be lacking in several areas. The man working the front desk was never *at* the front desk. Every time we came through the lobby he was either on his cell phone, the "business center" computer, outside smoking/chatting with other people, etc... When we called for some extra towels it took him 7 rings to answer and we were told that he would bring some "When he had a minute" - it seemed to me that all he had was time... and we never got the towels. Our room was right by the wide open linen storage room, which was also full of chemicals, to get them myself. That door should have been locked, especially since there were MANY young children in the hotel. Our room smelled like burnt toast when we turned on the heating unit and it made a rattling sound which turned out to be beetle carcases. The pool was out of order due to a broken humidifier, but luckily we could use the sister hotel pool (which was freezing, and you could barely breath in the room it was so full of chlorine). Breakfast was *ok*, but not good. The man who was restocking was so frantic that he actually elbowed a 9 year old in the temple so hard it made a loud cracking sound. Needless to say that child had a headache the rest of the day and a big bruise. He gave her a packet of hot cocoa to say *sorry* - thanks, but we could have walked up to the beverage station and gotten that ourselves. Over all it was a very average stay. We were not at all impressed.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
I would like to start with an apology from the staff here at the Fairfield Inn. We strive to provide a high standard of service to each and every guest that chooses to stay with us. It is clear that we fell short during your stay with us. I assure you that the problems you encountered will be taken care of. The lack of excellent service you experienced during your stay is unacceptable. We also have taken new measures to ensure that the supply rooms on the upper floors are locked at all times. Once again i would like to extend to you my deepest apologies. I hope that if you ever come back to the area you will provide us with a chance to prove that we can provide you with the type of stay that you expect when checking in to a hotel.
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Just returned from here after staying with a group of kids. Unfortunately the indoor pool had an electrical problem & it was closed during our stay. They offered use of sister hotel Holiday Inn next door however that pool closes at 9 pm & Fairfield's at 10 pm. It's a bit much to ask kids to walk across the parking lot when it's 20 degrees with wet hair & clothes! The vending machines were almost completely empty by the 2nd day of our stay & they again suggested we walk to Holiday Inn next door for drinks & snacks. The vending for medicine - aspirin, advil, etc was out of order. This might be prevented if they had a sundries shop or stocked some things behind the counter. Breakfast was as expected - cereal, yogurt, muffins, bagels, english muffins, waffles, eggs, sausage, juice, coffee. The dining area is a bit small, especially if the hotel is full. Location is good - next to battlefield & Cracker Barrel is across the parking lot. Many restaurants, groceries, pharmacies, shopping etc very close. Plenty of free parking is available. Room was pretty clean except for the bathroom. I counted 7 hairs on the shower walls and/or shower curtain liner. This takes 5 seconds for housekeeping to look so it made me wonder if the shower/tub was even cleaned at all?! Beds were comfortable & there was a small refrigerator in the room. Elevator was very slow, it was much faster to walk to end of hall & walk up stairs. I would rate this property higher if the pool was working & my shower would've been clean.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
I would like to start by apologizing for all the problems you encountered during your stay. The pool being out of order was an unexpected problem for us as well. We understand that the large group you were with consisted mostly of kids that were excited to swim, and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. The problems with the cleanliness of your room are also unacceptable. We pride ourselves on being able to provide all of our guests with a clean room and the type of service that makes them return. I just hope that if you’re in the area you will give us another chance to give you the type of stay that you, as our guest, deserve.
Vienna, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Wow! What a great place to spend time with your man! I literally dropped to my knees and thanked my lucky stars at how clean the room was! And, the indoor pool was immaculate! The shower had great HOT water and the bed was comfortable, especially in the morning! OMG! We just lounged around and hung out like BFF's! There is a Cracker Barrel across the street and a wonderful breakfast in the morning at the hotel. The nice young man closed it down about 20 minutes early, but that's ok! weeeeee! I don't mind! I LOVE my BFF and this hotel is soooooooo comfortable! I can't wait to go back, and mayyyyybeeeeeee we can spend more time together and Mayyyyyybeeeeeeeee go to the historic sites nearby. But, whatev! I do what I want! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
We are very glad to here that you enjoyed your stay with us. It's always nice to see such enthusiasm in a positive review for our property. Hopefully, next time your in town you will stay with us again so we can try and make your stay even better. Thank you very much for taking the time to review us.

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Manassas? Share your experiences!