“Home away from home” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 19 hotels in Manassas
Fresh Meadows, New York
“Home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Third time staying at this property, I have stayed at other hotels in the area and I must say none come close to the service recieved here. Staff are always working hard to meet any needs. My recent stay was the as good as my previous visits,''Excellent!''. Check in is always a welcoming and quick..Alex gave us good dining recommendations and was more than friendly. The rooms look very modern and they have an indoor pool, whirlpool and an small gym. I always get a good night sleep becasue of the amazingly comfortable beds they have. From now on I wouldn't stay at any other place when visiting the Manassas area. It is also right behind the Battlefield that have jogging trails. This is definitely a plus for me since I hate treadmills. Fransisco is one of the hardest working breakfast attendants I've seen at any hotel. He is humble and is very attentive even when it's full or just one person eating.Thanks to the wonderful service and staff I will be coming back!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

132 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I stayed at this Inn 2 days last weekend. The room was clean and the bathroom was very nice, the service also outstanding. We had breakfast in the morning and we were very satisfied. The staff are so friendly. I will definitely choose this hotel next time :")

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Front Royal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Approximately two weeks ago, our family of three had the pleasure of staying at the Fairfield Inn to attend a wedding. We were so happy this hotel was chosen, because we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
The front desk staff were always welcoming, accomodating and professional. If we required an extra towel, pillow or even some makeup remover, they promptly and kindly oblidged. The room was nicely decorated with pleasing surroundings. There are plently of outlets for our child's technology. The room was clean and the housekeeping staff are always ready to please. The shower was strong with plenty of hot water for all. My daughter loves the clean indoor pool and hot tub. We particularly enjoyed the large, free breakfast, which included hot/cold cereals, bacon and eggs, yogurt, juices, fruits,sausage bisuits, bagels, make-it-your way waffles, and more. This is a tremendous savings compared to other places we have stayed in which we were charged $4 for a cup of fruit, for example. The friendly, professional staff, clean and nicely appointed rooms, and hearty breakfast will keep us coming back. Additionally, the hotel has easy access to major roads such as Route 66, and is close to attractions, such as restaurants, malls, and even the Nation's Capital.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this property when I attended a concert at the Jiffy Lube. It was very convenient because the hotel is right of 66 and the concert was only a 10 minute drive. I arrived at 11am and Alex went out of his way to get me accommodated and even upgraded my room. The room was clean and the bathroom was very nice. We had breakfast in the morning and we were very satisfied. Francisco the breakfast attendant was more then attentive to everyone that was eating. I would definitely stay again and recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed October 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

I watched a concert last week and stayed here overnight. The hotel is very clean and the service is outstanding. The staff are so friendly and accomodating to your needs. I will definitely stay again at this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012
New England
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

This is a pretty typical Fairfiled Inn. Room was fairly clean, overall building well kept. The location is a little less then ideal, as if you have to turn left onto Sudley Road you may be waiting a LONG time for the light.

Warning: If they give you Room 101 do NOT accept it. For some reason someone designed the work-out room adjacent to 101, with the TV's mounted right on the wall where the bed for 101 is adjacent to. The treadmills are also extremely close to that wall. The effect is that if you are in Room 101 you can pretty much be assured of listening to a large thumping noise from the treadmills and loud tv noise right where the bed is. When I was there the treadmill noise lasted until just after 11pm, and started up again about 0600. Not acceptable at all.

If I choose to stay there again I'll look at re-rating the hotel. I suspect it should be a solid 3 rating. But with the poor design of the exercise room and the hotel's renting out of Room 101 I can't give them more then a 2 for this trip.

Room Tip: Do NOT take Room 101!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
ffismanassas, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Manassas, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
I would like to begin by apologizing for the problems you experienced with while staying with us. It is our job to provide you with the most comfortable stay possible every time you’re here. We here at the Fairfield Inn hope that you will visit again and allow us a chance to redeem ourselves. We promise to make your next visit with us a much more enjoyable one, and assure you that we do not want any guest to leave our hotel with a negative perception of us.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Having stayed here before I found the hotel to be lacking in attention. Hallways had mold/mildew odor. Elevator not cleaned since I don't know when. The bathroom in my room was worn and needed to be updated: toilet seat peeling a plastic paint of some sort and bathtub needed to be re-glazed to cover stains from years of poor cleaning.

No microwave in room, but there was one in the breakfast area in the lobby area.

The bedroom area was the bright spot (except for the icky brown wall) due to white and bright green bed linens and lots of lamps with bright bulbs, very rate these days!

The gentleman who attended the breatfast area was amazing! Zipped around making sure that everything was plentiful and well stocked and he found time to walk to each table offering to pour coffe. When I left he gave me a small packgae of mints and a big smile. He was a day maker!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
ffismanassas, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Manassas, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Dear Guest,

I’m sorry if you were inconvenienced on your over all stay. Please don’t think that we are doing such thing overall, and I apologize if we missed something. This is certainly not the way we wanted your visit with us. Regarding with the issue that you mentioned, 100% of our rooms was renovated not to long ago and everything you see in the room including re-surfaced the Bath tub,Bathroom floors,carpet,drapes,wall paper,furnitures,flat screen TV's etc.....It is much appreciated if we can identify which room you stayed in so we can correct the negative part of it. Again, We apologize one more time and we us a Marriott Brand care about the expection and the needs of our Guest, We work for you and we will do everything what we can to satisfy your needs. Hoping to see back and we will assure you that the issue will not happen again....Thank you

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Manassas? Share your experiences!