When traveling in the Manassas area, you might want to give this hotel a pass when looking for a nice place to stay. We are Marriott Rewards members and will try to stay in a Marriott property whenever possible, but we will put this hotel on our 'do not stay' list. Why do I say that? Let me count the ways:
1. The room was nice but smelled of old cigarettes even though it was a non-smoking room.
2. There were three adults staying in the room and when we checked in, there were only three bath towels in the bathroom. We asked for more, which we received, but the next day there were only three bath towels place in the bathroom again.
3. The rooms could have definitely been cleaner and I had to wipe down the sinks when we got back to the room in the evenings - definitely not up to Marriott standards!
4. There were no towels available at the indoor pool, so we had to use our room towels, and at this point, we were just hanging them up for use the next day as we were tired of asking for towels.
5. Breakfast was OK on the first day, with eggs, waffles, sausage, sausage, and more sausage along with the typical muffins, bagels, yogurt, etc. but on the second day it was just sausage, sausage, and sausage with sausage gravy plus the typical cold offerings. It was so bad that we decided to go out for breakfast at Cracker Barrel which was just across the street.
6. The TV in the room was a flatscreen and OK the first night but on the second night half of the channels were out and the only response from the front desk was that it was the same way in the lobby, sorry.... Wow! Ok, so you don't go to a hotel to watch TV but with this and the problems with the towels, the dirty room, and the sausage, sausage, and more sausage - it was a bit much!
All in all, not a typical Marriott experience. I am giving the hotel three stars ONLY because I know Marriott hotels and love them AND because the beds were very comfy, but I will definitely give this hotel a pass the next time we are in Manassas!
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Manassas
- Manassas Fairfield
- Manassas Fairfield Inn
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Fairfield Inn Manassas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.