“Disappointing for a Marriott property” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #4 of 19 hotels in Manassas
Naples, Florida, USA
“Disappointing for a Marriott property”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

Even though Fairfield Inn is the "economy" property of Marriott, having stayed at other levels of Marriott many times my husband and I had certain expectations of quality when we spent a night for a wedding. When we called to make the reservation, we were told that we booked too late for the wedding rate, and were told the only room available was an "executive room" with a pull out sofa and extra TV which we didn't need. The room was spacious and clean and had all the promised features, but we felt that the final price of $147 including tax was a too much given the location of the hotel and lack of other amenities. Ironically, we had cancelled a booking at a Residence Inn in the same city to be closer to be in the same hotel as friends, and the cost of the Residence Inn was significantly lower. Other concerns included thin scratchy bath towels and a littered carpet in the elevator. On the plus side, as many other reviewers have noted, the young man running the breakfast is wonderful and deserves kudos (and maybe a raise :)

Room Tip: The executive rooms are nice for a family but overpriced for a couple.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

128 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
lorton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the fairfield for the first time, back in may just to get away for a few days and we enjoyed every minute of it. I randomly like to take my wife out to different hotels once every couple months just for a different atmosphere. But we can't seem to go to another hotel because of the comfort of the service as well as the cleanliness of the rooms. The front desk person was extremely helpful with showing us the attractions. The fact that I like to ask alot of annoying questions, didn't seem to bother him at all. Probably won't be the last time we visit that location. Thanks for a wonderful, peaceful getaway.
Much Needed relaxation
Kevin

Room Tip: Try the suite...Awesome setup
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Butler, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

My husband, daughter, and I stayed here on June 2 and found the property to be very nice. Typical Fairfield Inn room, nicely updated. The highlight of the stay was the complimentary breakfast... Francisco was exemplary in what an employee should be. He was efficient, fast, and always had a smile on his face. I gave him a nice tip and only wish more people would realize how hard these employees work. You would tip your table server at a buffet, would you not? I also left a tip in the room for the housekeeper, only to realize it was Francisco who would be cleaning our room as well (after breakfast hours.) I spoke to him before getting on the elevator, and he commented on how much he loves working there. I hope he is rewarded for his dedication! All in all, a very nice stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Sterling, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

I was there may 31, I stay at Fairfield Inn twice a month, always everyone is friendly, about the room bathrooms clean, bed impecable, very aceptable price. only compaint more channels,

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

We stayed here the nite of May 10, 2012. The room was comfortable and clean. The hotel was far enough away from I-66 as well as the main road and was very, very quiet.
The front desk person, Tyler, was extremely friendly, efficient and very helpful in telling us about nearby retaurants and attractions. Other than the in room refrigerator being a little noisy it was the perfect room. Breakfast was good and breakfast personnel also were very friendly and helpful. We would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this Fairfield Inn for two nights. Everyone was friendly, especially Tyler, at the front desk. He gave us some suggestions on sightseeing, dining, and some maps to help us get there. Our room was comfortable and clean, breakfast was more than adequate, and Francisco was very attentive. I called the hotel directly to make the reservation, and the female I spoke to was also helpful, giving me the same rate both nights, even though it was not offered through the website. This hotel was convenient to several restaurants and stores. We were very pleased with our stay.

Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
madison
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

Our family just stayed for one night. We had the breakfast there which was okay. The person that was cleaning, refilling, helping etc. in the breakfast area was a man named "Francisco".....he was such a kind hardworking man. He never stopped for a moment and you could tell that he took alot of pride in his work. He was very sweet to my children. I hope that this establishment appreciates a hardworking employee such as Francisco.
The downside was that our room's airconditioning was not working and our room was stuffy and hot. We arrived at midnight and were all too tired to switch rooms.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
ffismanassas, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Manassas, responded to this review, April 24, 2012
First of all, I would like to thank you for taking your time to write your positive and negative comment. I am so glad that you enjoy our service overall, on the other hand, I’m sorry if you were inconvenienced on your last stay as a result of not working AC Unit . Please don’t think that we are doing such thing overall, and I apologize if we missed something. This is certainly not the way we wanted your visit with us. Please give us one last time to correct our mistake from the past and I can assure that you will be very pleased…Thank you again and sorry if we missed something, hope to see you again. If you ever come back in Manassas Area, please do not hesitate to call or email me at ffi.mnzfi.gm@marriott.com so we can be ready for your arrival

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Manassas? Share your experiences!