I only stayed at the Hampton Inn because I couldn't get a room at the #1 and #2 ranked inns for Manassas, but I figured that #3 couldn't be too bad for one night.
I'd stayed in Hampton Inns before, with no problems, so I wasn't expecting anything bad, by any means.
The room itself wasn't as nice as the last Hampton Inn I'd stayed in. Seemed as if the coffee maker was cheaper, and the "step-in" shower, as they called it, seemed more like a shower stall than a real shower, but otherwise, the bed was nice, the room was clean, and everything was as it should be.
What was special about my stay was the kindness I was shown by the staff. A couple examples:
1. I asked one of the staff at the front desk if they had chocolate chip cookies, and she said yes, at 8:00 p.m. I told her I'd be at a concert that night, and joked with her to save me some. I crawled into the room at 1:00 a.m., and as I was stumbling around trying to find clean things to put on after I took a shower, I saw a big note saying, "Hope you had a good time at the concert. I saved you some yummy cookies!" Underneath a napkin on a plate was indeed five cookies--chocolate chip and one really good oatmeal raisin. I was floored. I was only joking, but when I'd come into the hotel after the concert, I had been
tempted to see if they had any cookies left, but didn't do it because I knew they would all be gone. You can bet that I most definitely spoke to the hotel's manager before I left in the morning to let him know what she'd done for me, and I also filled out a comment card, to make sure it stayed in his memory.
2. When I was in the breakfast area, I was looking for another packet of oatmeal in the flavor I liked, as there was only one packet out, and I wanted two. I asked the lady who was working in the area if she had any more, and she said, "Sure, no one likes that flavor, so here, let me give you a few." She went in the back and brought out three more, and told me I could have more if I wanted them. I told her thanks, I only wanted another packet for breakfast, but she gave me the other two packets to take with me. "I could give you a whole box if you wanted it." I said thanks, but I had more than enough oatmeal for breakfast (and for another breakfast, to boot).
A very nice stay, for $112 plus tax. And the bed was comfy, the pillows were firm, and the shower head was powerful and the water came out nice and hot.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Manassas Hotel Manassas
- Hampton Inn Manassas Hotel
- Manassas Hampton Inn
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels, Agoda, Venere, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Hampton Inn Manassas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.