“Elevator issue” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Manassas
Union City, California
“Elevator issue”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Overall good hotel, typical Hampton Inn. No issues other than elevators went down twice during our 2 day stay and staff just said take the stairs. I am on the 5th floor with a 3 yr old with me and no apology note or anything. It is what it kind of attitude which was troubling. Other than no issues, good stay. Rooms are comfy and clean. Will stay again if I am in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
MNZHA, General Manager at Hampton Inn Manassas, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear dbb4216,

I am sorry to hear about the inconvenience that occurred with the elevators during your stay! I do understand that it can be frustrating when you are staying on a high floor. I want to assure you that the company was out all weekend correcting the issue and they are back in working order. I would also like to apologize for the attitude of my staff during this time for you. This is not typical of this Hampton Inn and I am glad that you brought it to my attention!

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review! I do hope that you will stay with us again in the future and if you wish to speak with me further, please email me at jennifer.decker@hilton.com.

Jennifer Decker

London UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Hampton Inn for two nights during the last weeks of March and found it to be a comfortable, modern and clean hotel.

From the moment we stepped through the door to the reception the staff were incredibly welcoming and warm and offered no end of advice.

Our room was spacious, clean and bright and the bathroom, which had a bath / tub, much to my wife's liking, had everything we needed.

In the morning the hotel offers an inclusive breakfast, which was good, and as we left the hotel for the day we were given a small lunch / travel bag which included an apple, muffin, biscuit, mints and water, so something to keep you going during the morning or drive.

The hotel didn't offer an evening restaurant service but if you showed you hotel key in a number of local restaurant you could get a 10% off your bill.

If I had one criticism it would be that the rooms do not have a personal safe which is something that most similar hotels have as standard and a facility I would have appreciated. At reception they offered to store safely anything that I wanted to give them but it's not the same having to go to reception every time you need your laptop etc.

If / when in the Manassas area again I would definitely consider staying at the Hampton Inn and recommend to others.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Valencian's
Woodland, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Everything we have come to expect from Hampton Inn. Good location, clean, friendly staff, free breakfast, warm cookies, good coffee always available. Clean fitness center, pool and spa open. Good free internet connection. Close to Manassas civil war battleground, very interesting.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank mbrucewatts
MNZHA, General Manager at Hampton Inn Manassas, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear mbrucewatts,

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review about your stay with us! We are pleased to hear that you were satisfied with everything. The cookies always seem to be a big hit! We hope to see you again in the future.

Your Hampton Inn Family
Maryland, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Great location. Close to highways, many shops and restaurants. Easy parking.
Hotel was clean, excellent facilities , friendly, helpful staff.
Breakfast was really great, many choices to pick from. Everything warm and well stocked. Staff on hand to assist.
Delicious 5pm cookies.
Would recommend to family/friends and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MarylandNed
Redmond, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

This hotel is in a good shape but it is not the newest business in town. I was satisified with the level of cleanliness and service provided that made my stay easier. Internect connection was adequate. Breakfast items included in the buffet were acceptable (Nothing out of the norm). Coffee had a bitter taste (I like more the softest taste).

Room Tip: Interior rooms are quite (opposite side of the main road)
Celebration, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I had to stay in Manassas, VA for a business meeting. This Hampton Inn has clean rooms, an adequate fitness center (small but all that you need), and serves warm cookies with milk. The staff was attentive and the room size was fine.

Room Tip: Would recommend a room on a higher floor given that the hotel is off Route 66.
Calera, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Excellent service each time I stay at this location. Peanut butter cookies are made by request, and the fitness center was recently expanded. The staff remembers me each time I stay at this location which makes me feel welcome. Well done!

• 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manassas
Comfort Suites Manassas Battlefield Park
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Manassas
Holiday Inn Manassas - Battlefield
Candlewood Suites Manassas
Courtyard by Marriott Manassas Battlefield Park
La Quinta Inn & Suites Manassas

Been to Hampton Inn Manassas? Share your experiences!