“Great place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Manassas
Aurora, Colorado
“Great place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2008

What can I say? Just a great place to stay, at a reasonable price, close to most things that matter, etc. Would highly recommend it to families, groups, etc. Thumbs up.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Only one washing machine for the entire hotel
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Phoenix, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2008

Stayed at this hotel just before Thanksgiving for a business trip and was very happy with my stay. I arrived very late at night and check-in was fast. The staff was professional and courteous. The rooms were updated and clean, and the beds were so comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was convenient, and they even prepared breakfast bags to go if you needed to take breakfast with you. I would definitely stay there again.

• Liked — Comfortable bed
  • Disliked — Older hotel
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2007

Checked in with a very large group of mostly children. One of the staff met us out front with the keys and lists of where all our rooms were. They were very helpful in keeping the rooms neat and the breakfast filled for us. Housekeeping was even great enough to refold blankets brought from home and make sure stuffed animals were comfortable on the beds.

• Stayed March 2007
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Baltimore, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2006

I only stayed at the Hampton Inn because I couldn't get a room at the #1 and #2 ranked inns for Manassas, but I figured that #3 couldn't be too bad for one night.

I'd stayed in Hampton Inns before, with no problems, so I wasn't expecting anything bad, by any means.

The room itself wasn't as nice as the last Hampton Inn I'd stayed in. Seemed as if the coffee maker was cheaper, and the "step-in" shower, as they called it, seemed more like a shower stall than a real shower, but otherwise, the bed was nice, the room was clean, and everything was as it should be.

What was special about my stay was the kindness I was shown by the staff. A couple examples:

1. I asked one of the staff at the front desk if they had chocolate chip cookies, and she said yes, at 8:00 p.m. I told her I'd be at a concert that night, and joked with her to save me some. I crawled into the room at 1:00 a.m., and as I was stumbling around trying to find clean things to put on after I took a shower, I saw a big note saying, "Hope you had a good time at the concert. I saved you some yummy cookies!" Underneath a napkin on a plate was indeed five cookies--chocolate chip and one really good oatmeal raisin. I was floored. I was only joking, but when I'd come into the hotel after the concert, I had been
tempted to see if they had any cookies left, but didn't do it because I knew they would all be gone. You can bet that I most definitely spoke to the hotel's manager before I left in the morning to let him know what she'd done for me, and I also filled out a comment card, to make sure it stayed in his memory.

2. When I was in the breakfast area, I was looking for another packet of oatmeal in the flavor I liked, as there was only one packet out, and I wanted two. I asked the lady who was working in the area if she had any more, and she said, "Sure, no one likes that flavor, so here, let me give you a few." She went in the back and brought out three more, and told me I could have more if I wanted them. I told her thanks, I only wanted another packet for breakfast, but she gave me the other two packets to take with me. "I could give you a whole box if you wanted it." I said thanks, but I had more than enough oatmeal for breakfast (and for another breakfast, to boot).

A very nice stay, for $112 plus tax. And the bed was comfy, the pillows were firm, and the shower head was powerful and the water came out nice and hot.

• Stayed June 2006
tn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2005

Room was clean, bed comfortable. Typical well maintained Hampton Inn.

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2004

For the third time we stayed in the Hampton Inn and it was allways a very satisfying stay for a good rate and very close to Washington D.C.!
This Hampton is a very good and a very clean example for this overall good chain!

Been to Hampton Inn Manassas? Share your experiences!