“Very Decent Place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Manassas
Mechanicsville, Maryland
“Very Decent Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stayed here for one night while attending the Jimmy Buffett concert at Jiffy Lube Live and it was a very decent place. I loved that the hotel staff were dressed up in Parrothead Gear and they gave us leis and inflatable beach balls when we checked in. Very festive!

The hotel was in very good shape and I found the rooms to be very clean. There were a few restaurants in the area and a Pizza Hut right across the street.

The pool was in good shape and clean.

We were very satisfied with our stay.

Room Tip: I didn't realize that this hotel was a "smoking" hotel. Make sure you look to make su...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Madrid, Spain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

We stayed one night in this hotel on a road trip. It is in a very convenient location, just far enough from main road, and with several dining options in walking distance. The staff was very courteous at reception on our arrival. Nevertheless, we asked for a quiet room and were given the one just above the main external air conditioner unit at the front entrance. It was making quiet some noise so we asked for a change. We were given another room with queen beds when we reserved king size and it is my hhonors preference as well. We decided to stay with it as wanted to go for dinner. The room was spacious and clean, and also the breakfast was agreeable.

Room Tip: Pay attention to the room you get... other than that this is a nice hotel.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

Everything about our stay was wonderful except the bed (may be because we are spoiled by ours at home). Staff was very courteous, breakfast was delicious, room was very clean, convenient location and parking, cookies in the evening, and pretty pool!

• Stayed July 2012
Lynchburg, Va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel 2 times recently - once in June and again in July. I agree with other reviewers that this is a very nice Hampton Inn. The hotel is clean, the bed was very comfortable (best night sleep in ages), and they have a great breakfast. We noticed that if you couldn't stay for breakfast, they had "breakfast to go" bags on the desk in the lobby (I've never seen that before). The lobby has tea and coffee all day which is so nice. Also, in the afternoon, they put out fresh baked cookies which are WONDERFUL. The staff is pleasant and helpful. On our most recent visit, we arrived very late at night and they opened the kitchen to try and see if there were any cookies left (which unfortunately there weren't any) but gave us both some fruit. We felt this was above and beyond and really appreciated it. The hotel is very convenient to Rt. 66 - only a couple of minutes - which is perfect. Price was also quite reasonable. The only problem we noticed was that on each visit one of the two elevators was broken and had yellow tape across it - causes a little problem at checkout time. But hopefully that's fixed by now.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
MNZHA, General Manager at Hampton Inn Manassas, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Dear StormNik,

First off, I would like to thank you for taking the time out to write this review. As General Manager of this Hampton Inn, I am pleased to hear that you had wonderful stays with us recently! I am also glad that our staff was able to accommodate you with your late night snack! Secondly, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience of having an elevator down both times that you had stayed with us. I ensure you, we have had the elevator fixed and both are in working order.

Thank you again for writing this review and I hope we have the pleasure of serving you again in the future!

Your Hampton Inn Family
Odense, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

Visited this hotel as the first stop of our US holiday. Only a short drive from the airport it was a perfect choice. Staff was very friendly, and the room was clean and very nice. When we arrived, flere was freshly baked cookies and milk in the reception. The kids loved that.
There is a pool of decent size with towels.
Breakfast was very nice with a good selection.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Miami Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Spent two week in this hotel. Got a great deal by booking through Expedia $89/night which included breakfast. Friendly helpful front staff and food manager. Coffee, fruit and cookies available all day (free) as are bagged breakfasts! for those on the run. Internet included, widescreen TV with a couple of premium channels, fridge in room and a good size work area and lounge chair. The bed was fantastic, spotless, comfortable with a stack of fluffy pillows. Self laundry on 4th floor. Lounge are in lobby with TV and newspapers. Pool, gym. Great stuff - close to DC too.

Room Tip: All room seemed good. Quiet at night
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Butner, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Been coming here for years for concerts at the much renamed amphitheater which now goes by Jiffy Lube live for concerts and this visit was for another. Read reviews here first and figured I had to give it a try and it was everything people here made it up to be. A greatly run hotel. As far as the venue, it was one of the nicest easiest back road trips I've had getting to Jiffy Lube Live and back. About 4 miles but very quiet until you get there. Plenty of restaurants right around the hotel though I did not have the chance to take that in...just noticed them.

Young lady that checked me in new I was there for the show, new I was cutting it close thanks to traffic and gave me the fastest check in I've ever had while accommodating a late check out request by me despite being sold out and busy. I needed the extra hour to sleep believe me as the trip and ensuing show would take its toll. Room was perfect. Large, clean, worth every penny. Nice beds, nice towels, secure, fast internet connection. I don't like hotels that are lazy with their wireless and offer poor security and too often now that is becoming common. You'll get treated very nice here. Check out was just as friendly and easy as the way in. Thanked them for an excellent stay, said I'd be back again and again, and extra thank you for late check out.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Been to Hampton Inn Manassas? Share your experiences!