“Beautiful room and great location for airport and battlefield” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Manassas
frequentfryer
“Beautiful room and great location for airport and battlefield”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2010

Stayed here for one night but would have been happy staying for much longer. I think the hotel is new as everything was in really good condition. The room was excellent - really big, lovely decor and very clean. $71 got us a king size bed, table and chairs, desk, microwave, fridge, iron, bath and shower. Even an elephant made out of towels! We didn't use the fitness centre or pool - pool was busy with families and we didn't have much time. The restaurant bistro did good food at dinner, with good service. Breakfast was a little confusing - we paid for breakfast in advance, which allowed us $8.99 each for breakfast. There was nobody to receive us, so we didn't know if we should be having the buffet or waitress service. We ended up with waitress service and went a little over budget. The food was good, but they weren't the best pancakes I had in my fortnight in America. There was a bit of noise in the night as there was a large group of teenagers staying, and our telephone in the room rang at midnight (I think one of them was trying the inter-room telephone connection and got the wrong number) but it wasn't too bad. I was able to make use of the free business centre to print off my boarding passes for the flight, which was really useful. There was nothing much immediately around the hotel but it was minutes away from the battlefield, which is what we had gone to see, so great location for us. It was also only 15 minutes from the airport which made it a great place to stay for our last night on holiday.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Midlothian, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2010

I had the pleasure to stay at this hotel with my son attending a soccer tournament for two days. We found the hotel to be new, immaculately clean and with a friendly staff. The place was full of families with their kids attending a weekend soccer tournament. The staff never lost their cool and handled the stress well.

The rooms were large, well furnished. The beds compared well with some 5 star hotels I have stayed at. The bedding was plush, the pillows soft. The air conditioner worked well. Our room was furnished with a coffee maker, a microwave and a refrigerator. The bathroom was clean. The hot water in the shower came on quickly despite the hotel being 'sold out'.

The breakfast buffet compared well with most others in the category. The menu also had many other items that were reasonably priced. It sure made it easy not going elsewhere for your morning coffee.

The General Manager of the hotel, Rod Jarrah, is truly an exceptional manager. He runs the hotel with a deep sense of pride - a pride well earned, in my opinion. He obviously cares deeply about his hotel.

I would highly recommend this hotel to young families and those traveling alone on business.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
cookiecutter04
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2010

Myself, husband and my 3 year old daughter stayed at this hotel this past weekend and we loved it. The price for a double queen room was fantastic! It was recently redone and was beautiful and so clean. I can't stress that enough, everywhere was clean! The room was very spacious, spacious enough for a 3 year old to run to her hearts content :D

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Cheyenne, Wyoming
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2010

The only thing that makes this different from a Holiday Inn Express was they charge for breakfast. Rooms, service everything was the same. Oh and a snack was twice the price.

Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2010

Overall, very positive. Read the great reviews, and agree with most so let me share a few items that is more about the level of hotel and a couple of items that surprised me. The staff was very helpful, but when I told them that the light in the bathroom needed replacing, they failed to communicate that the maintenance guy had the day off so it would take 2 days to replace (we are talking about replacing a light). The rooms are big, clean and simply appointed. A plus was there was a flat screen with some but limited Hi-Def options. The bathroom again was clean (we actually are ordering the shower curtain they had!)...but, what is going on with the toilet?? There was no lid -- the type of toilet you expect to see at the gas station, not a hotel - a small critique, but put a smile on my face when I saw it -- Holiday Inn can only go upscale to a point. The one significant critique I have is their "restaurant". They keep their rates low by not offering free breakfast (although hot coffee always available), but offer a sorry looking buffet for $9.00. I decided one morning to go for the pancakes for $7.99, so you'd expect something pretty special, right? They brought out two thin, anemic patties and tried to sell that off - did not get too far with that. There's a Bob Evans right down the street, can't go wrong there for breakfast...there is even a very small cafe directly across from the hotel -- got a full breakfast that included scrapple for less than $5.00! Overall, a very good hotel for the $$.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2009

I have to mention that all my experiences with this Hotel have been nothing less than Stellar. I travel quite a bit for business and by the end of day, I just need the rest, and feeling of a good nights sleep. The few times I have worked in this area I have had a great pleasure knowing the Holiday was the right accomadation. The Professional Staff lead by Rod Jarrah, Julie and Nelly have met all my needs with a smile. My plans can change and often do. I continue to be impressed with thier above and beyond attitude and providing all my requests, without a question. The Hotel is extremely well kept, clean and parking is always a breeze. The rooms are very nicely appointed and the beds are some of the most comfortable ones I have slept in. The Bathrooms are large and the ammenities are top notch. I know I have given quite a great response, but have to call it like it is! I know the next time I am scheduled to work in the area, my first call will be the folks here as it is one thing I never have to worry about. Thanks again! Jacob

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
baltimore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2009

Spent last night there with the family on the way back from Skyline Drive/ Luray. The kids (7&6) loved the little-larger-than-bathtub-sized indoor pool. Not too many hotels for $100 a night have one, so they get my recommendation right there.

The place was very clean. Room: large and stylish. Nice flat screen. Wireless access: a little spotty. Worked 2 out of 3 times. My wife freaked out the one time it didn't work, and she had some time-sensitive work to do. (Signal was better in about an hour and she used the business center connection for a while.) The beds were a little too firm for me to get a great night's sleep. And some of the pillows were big and firm and pushing back on me all night. The place was extremely quiet, though, even though it was right next to 66. It's soundproofed well.

No one seemed to be in charge at the breakfast buffet, so we just sat and eventually helped ourselves. Daughter dug the waffle maker. With bevs, bill was $30 with tip. (Waiter eventually came over.) The TVs in each booth were a much appreciated touch. It kept my autistic son in his seat for a whole meal which is a big accomplishment. We know he enjoyed his stay because he asked, "Go back to the hotel?" for much of the ride home.

All in all, we were satisfied.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Manassas - Battlefield? Share your experiences!