“BEST HOLIDAY INN PERIOD!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30% this Summer
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Manassas
Powhatan, Virginia
“BEST HOLIDAY INN PERIOD!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

We stayed here 2 nights for a concert,and must say it was the best Holiday inn we have stayed at period.The front desk staff were all very helpful and friendly. The hotel was immaculate outside and inside!! The room was perfect!! Thanks to the staff for showing what pride in your hotel should be. The area is perfect for anything that you need, food ,gas, shopping etc. We will be back for more entertainment in the area , as well as visits to DC and this is the only place we will stay.

Room Tip: 3rd floor because there is no ice machine which makes it alot quieter.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Room was clean, beds were comfortable.! Staff was great, and helpful. Place has every thing you could ask for.. bar, restaurant, coffee around the clock, and close to music venue. I will consider going there when ever I am in that area overnight.

Room Tip: Take what they give you unless you have special needs. The rooms are great
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Columbia, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

This stay left me a little disappointed. This is my 4th stay at a Holiday Inn, let me start with all the positives.

* Its in a nice, clean quiet area.
* The lobby area is refreshing, the lounge is nice and they even have a cafe area.
* The staff very polite and even cleaning staff were great making sure you have what you need.
* The room clean and the towel animal was a nice touch, the deco was simple but nice.

The negatives:

* The mattress was so firm my husband and I were not comfortable,
* The hotel pool area had a mold smell the second day we used it was worse than the first. The first night the chlorine was so strong I had to rinse our swim suits in our room, we did not use the pool the first night because it was a little to chilly for us but that is a preference. The hot tub was not at the typical temperature of what we are accustomed to. The chlorine was strong the first night we did not turn the timer on for the jets because it irritated our eyes. The second night the pool was extremely cloudy and the water smelled funny so we rinsed off and used the hot tub. We did not stay long in there because we noticed this foam when we turned the jets on and our skin felt slimy cant describe it any other way.

The cafe lounge, its cozy but very pricey. I would advise getting a drink or dinner else where. we each had drink from the bar $15.50, shrimp dinner (4 pieces of shrimp, fries and salad) $12 - ham and cheese sandwich (boiled ham that you would get at the grocery store) $9 and mozzarella sticks (tasted pretty good) $5,00 we each had a soda 2.50 each with tax a lil over $50!

There is no continental breakfast and in my opinion for what was being charged we ended up going to dennys down the road and paid the same and had a good breakfast.

If we are ever in the area again we will not be back at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Manassas - Battlefield, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear Nancyhoffman,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. I am glad to see that you left some feedback on what you liked as well as what fell below your expectations.

I sincerely apologize for the dissatisfaction you had with the mattress for the inconvenience you had in the pool area. Our main concern is for all our guests to experience an exceptional stay and I am truly sorry if we were not able to deliver this to you. Our guests’ satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. With this said, I will assure you that your comments will be taken into consideration to improve our hotel.

Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We deeply regret that you did not receive the level of service that we strive so hard to achieve. We value you as a guest and we hope this incident will not deter you from giving us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Matthews, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I picked this hotel because I had been to Manassas before and I knew it was in a safe and quiet location. I also knew that it was probably very new and I had been told by a colleague that it was a very nice hotel to stay. The one downside was the I knew breakfast was not going to be included in the rate. But hey, my company was paying for the room and it was the next to the lowest rate in our company travel site. So, I took it.
When I arrived, I was greeted by a wonderful, happy lady at the front desk who got me checked in and ready to go in 30 seconds. I was amazed with how fast she found my reservation and got me on the way to my room. I also appreciated that I was welcomed right as the doors opened. I hate it when you go to these so called posh hotels and the hotel staff acts stuck-up or that they are better than you. I absolutely felt like I was being welcomed in to someone else's home. The same lady was there the next morning and wished me a nice day as I headed off to the job site, and surprisingly she was there when I got back from a very long day at the office and welcomed me back. I really appreciated feeling so welcomed.
The room was a standard king room. It was very clean and was very updated. It also had DirecTV with the FULL DTV LINEUP! That's a plus for me, although, I found myself watching Netflix on my laptop. Which, by the way, the Wi-Fi was great! I marked them down a half a star in my book because there were some ripped lamp shades in the room (see picture), and to me, this should be an obvious fix if management is checking behind the chamber maid. This oversight is big in my book, so I had to drop the overall rating for this. There was also a lot of noise from other rooms. I could here every time my neighbor flushed the toilet.
The other "half-star" drop in their overall rating came from the horrible, I mean, terrible breakfast I had the first morning I was there. I really should have given them a 3 1/2 star rating, but I don't see that option, so I round it up to a four due to the great service I received for the room. When I got to the dinning room, no one greeted me (as they did at the front desk), no one EVER spoke to me while I ate, and I ALMOST left the dinning area without "paying" for the breakfast because I thought it was free (the reason, by the way, even though I knew the breakfast wasn't free, I got confused because I saw a sign for the hotel in the Manassas mall on the first night I was there that says you have free breakfast - marketing should take that down). If it wasn't for another guest yelling in to the kitchen for someone to get her the check, I would have left without paying. But, when I heard the other guest, that's when I did a 180 as I was walking out and I went to ask about paying as well. The kid that I spoke with said he'd print my check, and then he gave it to me.The breakfast was $8 bucks! Also, the eggs were cold and the bacon was gross. I would have gone to complain to the front desk, but I saw a sign that the restaurant is operated by someone other than the hotel. Plus, my company paid for the breakfast, so I just didn't bother going there the next 2 days I was there. There are plenty other places to get a hot breakfast other than the hotel, but I wish I didn't have to spend the time to go outside of the hotel, especially when I had long hours at the office those days.
Other than the issue with breakfast, I enjoyed my stay. The next time I visit, I will choose this hotel again, but unless I can assure the breakfast will be better, I will head to Chick-fil-A or McDonald's for breakfast.

Room Tip: Rooms that are on the south side should be quieter since they are further from the interstate.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Flintstone, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

If in the Manassas area, this is a great choice. Everything was perfect.

Pros:
-Everything was clean

-Employees were always friendly, welcoming, and helpful

-Large Suites were perfect. 2 queen sized beds in one area and a nice sleeper sofa in a separate room.

-Good free breakfast and free parking

-Clean indoor pool and spa

-Location is perfect. Close to the interstate, restaurants, shopping, and the Manassas Battlefield.

Cons:
-None that I seen.

My family and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again when in the area.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Ashland, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I regularly stay at this hotel when in Manassas. The property is managed in a manner that provides guests with a premium stay every time. This hotel provides a firm foundation insuring that guests have a premium lodging experience leading to productive business time in Manassas.

I expect that folks traveling for pleasure will also find that this property meets or exceeds their expectations.

The property is consistently clean and quiet. Staff is friendly and helpful.

All and all, a great place to stay.

Room Tip: They are all good.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
South Bend, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

A little snafu at check-in was addressed immediately by the obviously empowered, friendly, helpful front desk folks. We travel a lot. Stuff happens. It's what's done after stuff happens that really defines good service. "I'm so sorry! I'll take care of that right now!" Simple words you just don't hear much these days. We chatted with the General Manager a couple times. He spent time in the lobby engaging his guests.

The condition of the room was typical for Holiday Inn. Ask for a corner room. It was a bit more roomy than most Holiday Inn rooms we've been in. Housekeeping was excellent. Beds comfortable. Not all properties are up to IHG standards as well as this location.

Spent early mornings in the welcoming lobby sipping their decent coffee and reading. Breakfast was typical and adequate. However, if we had not had breakfast coupons we would probably have gone elsewhere. There are several eating options a short drive away. Nothing within walking distance.

We have friends in the area so it's a great location for us. It's also a perfect spot from which to explore Civil War battlefields, Virginia wine country and horse farms. Although it's not close by, we also took the traffic challenge and drove up to Great Falls National Park for a day.

Had a pleasant 4 day stay. Pretty sure we'll be back.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family