“A little off the beaten path, but great hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 19 hotels in Manassas
Richmond, Virginia
“A little off the beaten path, but great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

The hotel is only about one mile or so from the highway exit, but it's back in a little office park. It's not hard to find, if you have a map or GPS device, but it's seems a little tucked out of the way. It's very near the historic Manassas Battlefield and with plenty of restaurants in the area (if you choose not to eat at their in-house restaurant).

Regardless, I would highly recommend this hotel. The staff was great from the front desk to the restaurant. If you are a Holiday Inn Rewards Club Platinum level member, the breakfast buffet is free. It's a little better than a typical Holiday Inn Express breakfast and if you don't like it, you can always order off of their full service menu at regular prices.

The bed was ultra comfortable - one of the better hotel beds. Everything was clean - the room and public areas.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
CorporateHotels, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manassas - Battlefield, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you!

238 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Holiday Inn-Battlefield only adds to the beauty and comfort of what you get when you visit Manassas, VA. I was looking for a last minute trip to celebrate the "end of summer" or the "beginning of new school year" depending on who you ask. Decided to go to Splashdown and stay over. I admit,the kids have become spoiled with hotel stays when we travel. I am happy to say that I am so pleased with my decision to stay at Holiday Inn, Battlefield. The location was great(right off of hgwy exit), plenty of restaurants in the area, less than 2 mins from "Splashdown Waterpark", free WI-FI, and a nice enclosed swimming pool and whirl-pool. I wiish the pool was a little bigger but it did not stop the family from enjoying our time together in the water. The hotel's scenery and decorum was quite eloquent and a beautiful scent flows throughout the atmosphere of the hotel. They boasted about triple sheets and to experience their comfort was even better. Flatscreens with loads of channels was a great asset. It's no secret, parents do a double-take when we see "Kids Eat Free" signs. But at Holiday Inn, kids eat good and plentiful as the food choices were hot meals just like home and lots to choose from. I've paid far more and received far less at some of my past hotel stays. Lastly, there is something to be said when "every staff member in the hotel wears a smile."

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank You for taking time to post a review as will as pictures of your beautiful family. We're really happy you enjoyed your stay!
Bolton Landing, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I just had one of the best stays anywhere. Everyone was so friendly, the rooms were clean and the service miles above the rest. I was on the run this morning and didn't have time for breakfast. I had been speaking to the General Manager, Rod Jarrah prior to leaving and had mentioned that there was no time for breakfast. As I was packing my car out runs Mr. Jarrah with a take out container containing eggs, bacon, sausage and a bun. How wonderful to have this type of service. Kudos to a wonderful Hotel, staff and Thank You Mr. Rod Jarrah!!!
Ms. C

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Thank you! We're really happy you enjoyed your stay!
High Point, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

I had a meeting scheduled at this hotel and the person helping me with arrangements asked if I wanted to stay somewhere else. Based on the reviews and for convenience, I decided to stay and it was definitely the right choice. When I walked into the building the staff was very friendly and the front desk had my room and check-in materials prepared and ready as soon as I said my name. The check-in was quick and the lady at the desk explained all of the amenities of the hotel and answered my questions about getting around the area and into Old Town. The room was larger than I expected and very comfortable. I had two queen beds with a large flat screen TV with a lot of stations (and a good written station guide which is often missing at other places making it hard to find channels). There was also a desk and a comfortable chair with a lamp for reading. The wireless internet worked easily and they gave me the password at check-in. The bathroom was clean and large enough and the shower had plenty of water pressure. The beds were comfortable with good quality linens and pillows. The air worked too well and I had to turn it up as it was getting too cold for me.

The hotel is located just off The interstate and is very close to the Manassas battlefield and to many restaurants and shopping areas if that is off interest. It is about 15 minutes into the Old Town area of Manassas with trains into DC with a parking deck and several other attractions and shops. The hotel also provided a reasonable breakfast buffet with hot and cold items. The exercise room had several nice machines and the pool was small but looked nice and included a hot tub.

The staff service was by far the best quality of the hotel. Check-out was as easy as check-in and only took a moment. The hotel manager was also at check-out and inquired about my stay and wanted to make sure that everything about my stay was acceptable. I almost forgot to mention that they had cold lemonade near the business center all day which was very nice and refreshing. Overall the hotel exceeded my expectations and would definitely stay again if I am in the area.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank You!
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Rewards stay in a king/whirlpool room. Would have liked a room not on the first floor as requested, although I did check in pretty late, and perhaps king/whirlpool rooms are only on the first floor. Didn't use the restaurant, although I wish the bar would have been open a little later. Apparently they no longer offer free breakfast coupons, although I got a 20% off coupon. Check in was fine and all my questions were answered. Pool was nice, took an early morning swim. When going to concerts at Jiffy Lube Live I will stay here again. Very clean, my room looked brand new!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
CorporateHotels, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manassas - Battlefield, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you!
Brinklow, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

we stayed July 18-21. The hotel was clean, new, and has a very modern decor. The staff was great! The fresh lemonade in the lobby everyday was a treat! Our room was always prepared nicely by the staff each night we returned from the waterpark. The beds were great! I had to look at the matress (Serta). We ate breakfast one day at the hotel. A full buffet with fruits, pastries, juice, milk, coffee, cereals. For a family on a budget it's a good deal. The homemade pancakes I ordered offf the menu were not good (thick duds}. Alittle instruction in the ktichen could fix the receipe easly. We never ate dinner there but the menu did have nice options. There are plenty of places to eat locally. I wish all hotlels were like this with the service, the clean accomodations, and the price.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank You for your kind words!
Glen Allen, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

This was my first stay at this newer location. I recall the old Holiday Inn in Manassas which was ok but definitely dated. The hotel is an excellent choice if you are in the area. The building and grounds were well kept, the staff was very good and as I was leaving this morning I spoke to Rod Jarrah, the general manager, who is very interested in keeping his location and staff at the top of their game. The room was very nice, exceptionally clean and the cable TV lineup was Direct TV so I had plenty to watch. The morning breakfast was very nice and I would rate this among the best Holiday Inns I've been in. I had business in Bethesda,Md and while the hotel was about 30+ miles from my business (there were closer hotels) I'm glad I stayed here. Will I be back? You bet!

Room Tip: Just stay here..if all rooms were like mine, they're all good.