“What a surprise!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Manassas
High Point, NC
“What a surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

I had a meeting scheduled at this hotel and the person helping me with arrangements asked if I wanted to stay somewhere else. Based on the reviews and for convenience, I decided to stay and it was definitely the right choice. When I walked into the building the staff was very friendly and the front desk had my room and check-in materials prepared and ready as soon as I said my name. The check-in was quick and the lady at the desk explained all of the amenities of the hotel and answered my questions about getting around the area and into Old Town. The room was larger than I expected and very comfortable. I had two queen beds with a large flat screen TV with a lot of stations (and a good written station guide which is often missing at other places making it hard to find channels). There was also a desk and a comfortable chair with a lamp for reading. The wireless internet worked easily and they gave me the password at check-in. The bathroom was clean and large enough and the shower had plenty of water pressure. The beds were comfortable with good quality linens and pillows. The air worked too well and I had to turn it up as it was getting too cold for me.

The hotel is located just off The interstate and is very close to the Manassas battlefield and to many restaurants and shopping areas if that is off interest. It is about 15 minutes into the Old Town area of Manassas with trains into DC with a parking deck and several other attractions and shops. The hotel also provided a reasonable breakfast buffet with hot and cold items. The exercise room had several nice machines and the pool was small but looked nice and included a hot tub.

The staff service was by far the best quality of the hotel. Check-out was as easy as check-in and only took a moment. The hotel manager was also at check-out and inquired about my stay and wanted to make sure that everything about my stay was acceptable. I almost forgot to mention that they had cold lemonade near the business center all day which was very nice and refreshing. Overall the hotel exceeded my expectations and would definitely stay again if I am in the area.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
CorporateHotels, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manassas - Battlefield, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank You!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Rewards stay in a king/whirlpool room. Would have liked a room not on the first floor as requested, although I did check in pretty late, and perhaps king/whirlpool rooms are only on the first floor. Didn't use the restaurant, although I wish the bar would have been open a little later. Apparently they no longer offer free breakfast coupons, although I got a 20% off coupon. Check in was fine and all my questions were answered. Pool was nice, took an early morning swim. When going to concerts at Jiffy Lube Live I will stay here again. Very clean, my room looked brand new!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
CorporateHotels, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manassas - Battlefield, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you!
Brinklow, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

we stayed July 18-21. The hotel was clean, new, and has a very modern decor. The staff was great! The fresh lemonade in the lobby everyday was a treat! Our room was always prepared nicely by the staff each night we returned from the waterpark. The beds were great! I had to look at the matress (Serta). We ate breakfast one day at the hotel. A full buffet with fruits, pastries, juice, milk, coffee, cereals. For a family on a budget it's a good deal. The homemade pancakes I ordered offf the menu were not good (thick duds}. Alittle instruction in the ktichen could fix the receipe easly. We never ate dinner there but the menu did have nice options. There are plenty of places to eat locally. I wish all hotlels were like this with the service, the clean accomodations, and the price.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank You for your kind words!
Glen Allen, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

This was my first stay at this newer location. I recall the old Holiday Inn in Manassas which was ok but definitely dated. The hotel is an excellent choice if you are in the area. The building and grounds were well kept, the staff was very good and as I was leaving this morning I spoke to Rod Jarrah, the general manager, who is very interested in keeping his location and staff at the top of their game. The room was very nice, exceptionally clean and the cable TV lineup was Direct TV so I had plenty to watch. The morning breakfast was very nice and I would rate this among the best Holiday Inns I've been in. I had business in Bethesda,Md and while the hotel was about 30+ miles from my business (there were closer hotels) I'm glad I stayed here. Will I be back? You bet!

Room Tip: Just stay here..if all rooms were like mine, they're all good.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank You! We hope you visit us again!
Williamsburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

The holiday Inn in Manassas VA has to be one of the best hotels I have stayed. The customer service is hands down unbeatable. From when you get there to when you leave, its absolutely amazing to have a hotel at the price with 5 Star customer service. Great price, great quality, and customer service this is the place to stay.

Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

On this trip I returned to the Holiday Inn Manassas Battlefield for several reasons. Their customer service is FANTASTIC!! I have never stayed in a cleaner hotel. The parking lot is unlittered, the grass is green and the entire staff goes overboard for you. Rod Jarrah, the general manager will see to it that you are the top priority at his place. He has told me that his passion is to have this hotel rated as the best Holiday Inn in the country. It already is as far as I'm concerned.

Dan Judd
Birmingham, AL

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank You for your kind words!
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

The staff at the hotel was more than accomedating and friendly with all my needs. The breakfast at the restaurant was great, exercise room well equipped, and pool was wonderful. Thanks for a great stay!!!!

• Stayed July 2013
CorporateHotels, Manager at Holiday Inn Manassas - Battlefield, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank You!

Been to Holiday Inn Manassas - Battlefield? Share your experiences!