“Pool Cold” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 19 hotels in Manassas
Herndon, Va
“Pool Cold”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

The hotel beds were comfortable and the hot full buffet breakfast was great. My grandchildren were down for Thanksgiving and wanted to go swimming. This is why I booked this hotel on November 24th.
The hotel said it had a indoor heated pool. We went to the pool around 4:00PM and the minute we walked into the pool area I knew we were in trouble. It was so cold in there that I got goose bumps. The pool water was as cold as a river and the kids wouldn't get in the water. I called the front desk he told me he couldn't do anything but would call maint. We waited about two hours in the hot tub; but no one showed up. I took the kids out to dinner for another couple of hours. When we got back the pool was still cold as ice. We went back upstairs. I will not stay here again with the kids. They were so upset that they couldn't go swimming.

Room Tip: The area where the hotel is was very quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
CorporateHotels, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manassas - Battlefield, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Oh My!!! We sincerely apologize that the pool went out during the time you stayed with us. We did contact our maintenance person and he determined that it was the control board on the heater that had filed. Being that it was the weekend, we could not get a tech in to check or repair.

However, both systems are up and fully operational thanks you to let us know. Please call us next time you are in the area and we would like to do something special for you.

-Rod, GM

255 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Stephens City, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the hotel last night and found it to be extremely pleasant. We arrived at 3:30 pm after a day visiting family in Warrenton, VA and decided to have a drink in the lounge. The bartender was extremely friendly and very accommodating. Our room was quite spacious and the bed comfortable. Got a great rate on line which included a very tasty breakfast that included real plates and silverware (not plastic), and a very attentive waitress. The front desk staff were extremely friendly and welcoming. Overall, a great stay. The only negative was the spa in the pool area. Last evening I walked into the pool area to check out the a and saw several young children playing in the spa. This morning when I walked down to relax in the spa, I discovered the water in the spa to be cloudy and murky, not very attractive at all, so I decided to pass. however, when I mentioned this condition to the front desk attendant she apologized immediately and wrote a note to pass it on to maintenance personnel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
CorporateHotels, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manassas - Battlefield, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

If you're traveling to Northern VA, there's no need to pay $300 + per night and deal with mega traffic . . . . save yourself a lot of money and stress and stay at the Holiday Inn Manassas-Battlefield! I travel with work and this is my absolute favorite and only place for me to stay when traveling to NOVA. The hotel is spotless and the rooms are extremely clean, neat and well maintained. Another big plus, especially in this part of the state, you are always greeted with a familiar face. That doesn't happen at other hotels in NOVA. A short drive takes you to a vast selection of restaurants, but if you would rather stay at the hotel, the restaurant is very very good! The price is right, the staff is wonderful and I've never stayed at a cleaner hotel . . . ever! Only issue that I had was someone parked their car within 6 inches of the driver's side of my car. No way for me to get into my car. I went to the front desk and they immediately found the person that owned the vehicle and had them move their vehicle. The staff went above and beyond to make my stay perfect. Also, the hotel location keeps road noise to an absolute minimum.

Thank You very much!
Livermore, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Great Stay,
I travel on business a great deal and I stay at this hotel for because it feels like home. No surprises, all the accommodations are excellent and everything in my room works as it should. The friendly staff is always professional, courteous and accommodating my needs.
This is a stress free hotel, I feel great from arrival to departure.
Rod treats all his guests as valued friends.
Thanks for a Great Stay
David Rios

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
CorporateHotels, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manassas - Battlefield, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Adamstown, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

My family and I stayed at this hotel last night and I choice this hotel based on Tripadvisor. I also chose it because of its closeness to the JiffyLube Live center. We are a family of six and need joining rooms which they had no problem accommodating us. This was an impromptu trip and we made reservation the day of which also was no problem. Upon arriving to the hotel we were greeted quickly and our rooms were ready and they apologized for not telling us on the phone that one room would be a king and the other room would 2 queens, which was perfect for us. When we entered our rooms we were amazed at how beautiful it was and how clean. I would not have expected this kind of room decor in a Holiday Inn or for the price . The rooms were so nice!! We asked for directions to the Jiffy Lube center and was given great directions and was shocked at how close it was. Unfortunately we were unable to attend our event because there were just too many people and we had our kids with us. But because we had such wonderful
rooms in such a great hotel we were not even disappointed! We came back and enjoyed some great appetizers and the best Long Island Ice teas ever at the hotel bar!! And even though the bartender, Ms. Dixon had to deal with a somewhat rude customer, she did it with grace and a beautiful smile. She was truly a great hostess and bartender! The next morning at the breakfast buffet I was again surprised at the selection and quality of food. Also the eating area is just lovely with personal TVs at each booth!! I would highly recommend this hotel not only for it's beautiful rooms but also for it's wonderful amenities!! The staff was great and for the price of the rooms you really can not find a better place to stay in Manassas!

Lansingburgh, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Great experience at this hotel. The general manager Rod was a pleasure. Incredibly helpful and accommodating. Breakfast was delicious. The hotel was impeccably clean. The staff was knowledgeable and helpful.

Gainesville, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We stayed here for our wedding night in the "Jacuzzi" Suite. From the moment we arrived we were treated like royalty. In the room we had a bottle of wine waiting for us. For breakfast we were offered either room service or in the main restaurant. We made the arrangements with the GM, Rod. He was amazing from the moment we called to make the reservation through our entire stay. I would highly recommend them to anyone considering a hotel stay in the Manassas, Va area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank You!

Been to Holiday Inn Manassas - Battlefield? Share your experiences!