“Clean & Affordable!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Manassas
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Clean & Affordable!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

My fiance and I stayed here for one night during our road trip and I was very impressed with the accommodations for what I paid. The hotel is very modern with a nice lobby area. The room was neat and clean; furnishings were up to date as well. The included breakfast left something to be desired, but it put food in our bellies and that was all I really wanted to get me through the next leg of our drive. The hotel is located near shopping and restaurants right off the interstate, so there are other options if you want them!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
DeKalb, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here after leaving DC in the morning and visiting Mount Vernon and then the Air & Space Museum site at Dulles. It was a beautiful, clean hotel. Our room was like new. Queen-sized beds were very comfortable. We swam for at least two hours and had the pool to ourselves the whole time. The water was nice and warm. The pool area was very clean and nicely decorated. We skipped breakfast in the morning in favor of McD's right down the street. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012 via mobile

This is your average Holiday Inn as far as amenities, but the staff makes the difference in Manassas! The manager was present during the majority of our three day stay and did everything over and above the call of duty to make us feel welcome. This is a great Hotel to stay at if you want to feel like you are coming home when you walk through the door.

• Stayed March 2012
Hudson, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

We are very pleased with our stay here at this hotel. Phil Cunningham has been very efficient and helpful!!

We will continue to stay at Holiday Inns!

Thank you for making our vacation enjoyable!!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel maybe 15 times now as well at other hotels and Holiday Inns in the10 mile area. The Holiday Inn Manassas has been the best by a wide margin. Besides being clean, having easy check in and out, and all the other regular measures the best is the staff. Always friendly, responsive, and even take the time to remember my name when I arrive. Every time I walk past to leave they even ask if all is OK. An extra thanks to one assistant in particular, Phil Cunnigham. I have seen him swamped with check in folks and he is still extra friendly, fast, polite - even with some bad customers I have seen him have to deal with, and goes the extra mile every time I stay there, I'd hire him for my business in a flash.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012 via mobile

I found the room looking spotlers and homelike. At breakfast the Holiday Inn was very generous to my family. I highly reccomend this Holiday Inn. Manager Rod Jarrah did a great job.

• Stayed March 2012
ny
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

Why am I giving this 3 stars? Because of the poor service I received at breakfast. Now, let me start with the fact that it is a very newish hotel. Very clean. I was dissappointed in the size of the pool. You almost have to ask why did they bother to build it. There is a small hot tub that was luke warm to warm. In no way hot. Our room had a refrigerator and microwave, definiately nice touches. So, this is why I give it 3 stars and not 5. I went to breakfast (free) and there as amost nothing that a gluten free person could eat. I asked the manager if they had a gluten free cereral. Not only did he have no idea what I was talking about (gluten-free? what?), they had no rice crispies or other cereal. They couldn't tell me if the hash browns or sausage was gluten free, and the oatmeal was Quaker, usually the worst kind to eat because of cross-contamination. So, all I had for breakfast was a small carton of yoghurt and a very overripe, spotted banana. That is why this hotel in my mind is a 3, not 5 star. In this day and age with many travelers with food allergies, and gluten-free being among them, it would be nice if they could keep a loaf of gluten-free bread in the freezer for when guests ask.

Room Tip: ask for a quiet room
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
CorporateHotels, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Manassas - Battlefield, responded to this review, March 5, 2012
Dear Sirs,

Thank you for your comment and willingness to point out our shortcomings. I know the food aspect is only a small part of your stay, but very important to us, to me, and that this issue be addressed. I do not know if you realize that there is no governmental mandate that requires all restaurants or hotels to supply a specific menu to all guests; i.e., Gluten-Free, Sugar-Free, Lactose-Free, Peanut-Free etc. Additionally, this is also very challenging for us as well seeing that our food service suppliers, yes, multiple suppliers, are not required to health label their cases since they are not being sold in supermarkets. This is not a excuse, just an attempt to show what it is we need to deal with. I also would hope you understand that I do know how you are feeling about this. I, myself, am a Diabetic and a wrong food choice of my own accord could cause serious harmful effects to my body or even death. Nonetheless, your point is well taken and I will work with my F&B Manager to generate a separate menu that will have selections that would specifically have those catagories. I must admit that I am still a novice on Gluten-Free items, however I think we can put together something that would be appeal to our customers. If you have suggestions, I would love to here them. Please email me at sales@corporatehotels.com.

Whoops! Forgot to mention, the pool temps are set to what is suggested by our county Health Department.

Thanks again! and we hope to see you soon!

2011 IHG Torchbearer Award Hotel
2010 & 2010 #1 Trip Advisor Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Manassas - Battlefield? Share your experiences!