“quite good” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Blue Sea San Anton Hotel & Apartments

You added Blue Sea San Anton Hotel & Apartments to your Saves list
Blue Sea San Anton Hotel & Apartments
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Triq Ir-Ramel San Pawel Il-Bahar, Bugibba, Island of Malta, Malta   |
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Bugibba
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“quite good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

just back from Christmas at blue sea hotel .we only stayed self catering !but we like to stay that way .the room we had was very good. two double beds ! balcony was not very good over looking franks car hire .staff were polite to us .well worth for the amount we paid.

Room Tip: pick a room with a pool view
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Blue Sea H, Manager at Blue Sea San Anton Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Thank you for your personal comments and feedback,

We aim to continue to provide self catering accommodation at a competitive price.

Kind Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
  • Polish first
lancshire, uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

We booked this hotel for a 10 day break over Christmas and New Year and I must say that they beat all expectations of a three star budget hotel. We booked all inclusive and paid a very reasonable price , much cheaper than other countries such as Turkey or the Canaries. The reception staff booked us in in minutes when we arrived explaining fully about all the facilities. The room was large with two double beds, a fully fitted kitchenette, microwave, two ring hob, fridge and toaster. There were dishes and cutlery available in the room. The bathroom was clean and well decorated with a slightly sunken bath/ shower which made it easier for my disabled wife. The towels are changed every other day and the bed linen after 4 days normally. The restaurant is self service buffet style and the food is really very good, the chef provides a variety of meal on a very tight budget. The breakfast is based around English but fried eggs are not available every day but ask if you want them. Lunch has a choice of pizzas and a meat of some sort the chips and salads available, fresh fruit is always on the buffet. Dinner is usually a carved joint of some sort plus two pasta dishes and fish every night. The sweets are very good and there is usually cheese of some sort plus bread or biscuits if you want. The all inclusive bar is something else in Molly Malones. All the drinks are served in plastic cups as they do not have a dishwasher, if you want a glass please ask for one and the staff usually give you one. I found that if you tip a euro now and again you are looked after, be courteous to all the staff and they will help you all they can. I would like to mention a few of the staff that deserve to be rewarded in a little way.
In the restaurant Carmello, Noël, Fernanda and Andrea really work hard and nothing is too much for them. In reception Paul, Florence, Dawena, Marika, and Jules the the night receptionist ,barstaff Norbert, Fernando,Diego, Edu, Stefano and Sandra.
The entertainer is all on his own and he works hard trying to keep all happy with quizzes, kids disco, bingo, outside games when the weather allows. Keep up the good work Danny.
Read name tags and call the staff by name when you speak to them. You can make this hotel really work for you if you just remember that you are not paying 5 star prices.

Room Tip: Room numbers that are even usually look out onto the front street odd numbers have a pool view.
Thank you for your personal comments and feedback

We hope to see you again in one of our resorts in the near future.

Cornwall
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

It is hard to rate this because I really paid peanuts for all inclusive. When I arrived in the late evening I wasn't too impressed because I waited ages then the receptionist was really unwelcoming and she put me in the Santa Maria over the road. She also said there was no food available and I only found out from the bar staff that I could get a snack in the restaurant. The room (when I managed to find it!) was fine but overlooked the street and was opposite the bar although I had requested being away from street noise.
I tried to move next day but they told me there were no rooms in the San Anton (although I saw new arrivals getting rooms there) and to try next day but once I unpacked I couldn't be bothered. The people staying in San Anton seemed happier (lots of people moved from one to the other) and they had bigger rooms and TVs and some had apartments although they hadn't booked them and were AI.
I quite enjoyed the food a lot of the time and liked it that there were always veggie options. There was a bit of a fly problem though, especially round the desserts. It was a pity that dinner was less good than lunch on the few occasions that I was there for lunch. The last couple of days I was there the salads weren't so fresh for some reason.
The bar staff were really nice and friendly and they seemed to be ok about you getting a round when they knew there were a few of you (unlike some places that only let you get one or two drinks). They were Spanish people and one Hungarian who was especially nice)
My main criticism would be that while some reception staff were good, one or two were quite surly and that, although the reception area was sparkling, some other areas were quite dirty - and that included the dining room: I saw the same chip under the same table for several days. My corridor needed a good mop and the room wasn't cleaned very well. I don't know how the cleaners coped though - I heard one on the phone saying she had 140 rooms!! I've done this job and would think a tenth as many was plenty to do properly. Someone also overheard a cleaner telling someone she had not been paid for 3 weeks.
For what I paid I really shouldn't complain about anything though. The bed was comfortable (the mattress looked brand new and they are mad not having covers on, especially as the sheets weren't big enough to tuck in so didn't stay on).
Oh yes, one other thing would make a difference and that would be ashtrays in bar areas - a plastic cup with water in it is just yuk.
The weather was a bit cold when I was there and I didn't like Buggiba much (a bit too urban for me) but if I did like it enough to go back I would book there again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your personal comments and feedback.

We continuously aim to provide competitive low cost holidays.

Kind regards
Rhondda, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

The only fault, if at all a fault was the entertainment or lack of. Ok for the kids but not a lot on the adult scene My apartment was great staff very helpful food typical but something for everyone and plenty .Carvery every night full salad bar mix of Veggies Pasta and Rice delicious Soup twice times a day one couple tried to stir up a revolt over the food but no-one else was interested, i followed said couple on a meal time plates overflowing says enough.I would return and would love to meet up with a lot of the guest as i made a lot of friends

Room Tip: We had ground floor 2 bedroom apartment but was all inclusive
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your personal comments and feedback which help us to continue to improve our resorts.

We hope to see you again in the near future in one of our resorts

Portstewart, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

just back after spending xmas at the san anton. check in was very quick,and easy, wen we entered our we were surprised by the size of it, two double beds ,fridge microwave kettle cups ect,we were on half board and did not expect these extras. balcony view waspoor but did not spend much time looking out. the staff were really good ,night staff lady is called jules she is excellent,she is from England and knew my wife so they had a gossip each night/morning when we came in. hotel was clean and tidy,though a paint job would help. pool area was good even people in water on xmas day, plenty of out door tables and loungers, now to the food ,good slection at morning and evening, some of the food was a bit cold and veg could have been cooked more, the sweets were very good . the hotel bar was ok lots of people on all inclusive using it, entertainment was a bit hit and miss,but they tried hard. lots of complaints about xmas dinner, we ate out that day so cant comment on that. would I stay their again ,not sure I think I would stay in sliema. thank you for a nice holiday.

Room Tip: room 3620 very good
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Blue Sea H, Manager at Blue Sea San Anton Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Thank you for your personal comments and feedback

Derry, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

I visited mid dec and was impressed right from reception,everything looked,and was clean,room had tv,table chairs,shower,toilet etc all really clean and tidy,room was cleaned throughout week and plenty of towels,breakfast had bacon,eggs,sausages,endless types of bread,salads,cereals,cant see anything wrong,all in all more than I expected for what I paid.so I booked it again mid jan another week before long year of work begins properly,,good all round job for bargin price,cant recommend it enough,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your personal comments and feedback.

We look forward to seeing you in resort in January.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

I booked into the sananton, I have been many times before under different ownerships it closed for approximately 3 years and recently I found out it reopened so I couldn't wait to return, I did two weeks in December. on arrival I checked in, once I entered my room I noticed it was really good nice flat-screen television on the wall I was pleased with the view of the pool, the breakfast consisted of Scrambled eggs, sausages, bacon, chips Etc. if you needed fried eggs or omlets then the cheff would cook it fresh for you. lunch was a mixture of Meat, fish, pizza and pasta as for the evening meal it always consisted of pork, roast, ham fish, rice, pizza and full salad bar another satisfying part was the snacks between meals whilst on all inclusive. the all inclusive bar opens at 11am at pool side were you can have local beers, wines, spirits, cocktails, ice-cream, chocolate Etc. with entertainment and music from Dj Dan the entertainment man. during evening entertainment we was at molly Malone's Irish bar were Dj Dan done a different themed night every night bingo, quiz night, karaoke, kids disco and Miss blue see. the last orders of all inclusive was 11pm there is a pay bar open until 1am the assistant manager was very helpful, the bar staff were excellent and in all honesty I cant wait to return again

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Blue Sea H, Manager at Blue Sea San Anton Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, December 22, 2013
Thank you for your personal comments and feedback.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Kind regards

Been to Blue Sea San Anton Hotel & Apartments? Share your experiences!