“Lovely welcome back!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Bugibba
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Lovely welcome back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

September was our third visit to the Coastline hotel. We were welcomed back like old friends. All the staff are always helpful and polite and nothing is too much trouble. The food is excellent and being a buffet you can have as much or as little as you want. We will definitely be back next year!
H&M

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
MBuhagiar, General Manager at Coastline Hotel, responded to this review, October 17, 2011
Good afternoon,

I thank you for your positive feedback with reference to your recent stay with us. I look forward to welcome you back next year :).

Should you require any assistance please feel free to contact me on mbuhagiar@coastline.com.mt.

Malcolm Buhagiar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Turkish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

Overall we had a very enjoyable stay at the Coastline.
The food was very good with a selection of local and more “British” dishes served at the buffet restaurant. One very good point is that the restaurant is free seating so you select your table on arrival, much better that having fixed seating. The local drinks and wine were fine.
The public spaces are large and there are activities available for those wishing to join in but thankfully no pressure to do so.
The furniture around the pool is nearing the end of its useful life and the whole area suffers badly from fly infestation.
The staff were very friendly and helpful.
I would say that the hotel is looking a little tired in places. We had a sea view room on the second floor which was large and had a pleasant balcony with two plastic chairs and a small table. Of the room itself everything looked a little past its best with obvious signs of wear and tear to the furniture and furnishings. The fridge barely worked and the TV picture was appalling (even on channels which were first class in the public rooms such as the shop). The bathroom had a very low bath with shower over (when are hotels going to realise that most people now shower and would prefer a proper walk in shower). The sink was cracked and the toilet seat was of very low quality plastic.
We did enjoy our stay and had a relaxing time but I would rate the Coastline as a three rather than a four star until some refurbishment is undertaken.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a sea view room.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
MBuhagiar, General Manager at Coastline Hotel, responded to this review, October 12, 2011
Good afternoon,

I thank you for posting your comments on tripadvisor. Should you wish to discuss further please feel free to contact me on mbuhagiar@coastline.com.mt. I look forward to welcoming you once again in the future.

Windsor, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

The Hotel is very clean but a little tired, The flies round the pool are a pest. We had rooms at the back of the hotel overlooking empty derelict houses. The food is good and plentiful and the staff are second to none. We travelled with Saga and were not told that the average age of our fellow residents would be over 70 - it is exclusive to Saga - so if you are in your fifties and want a hotel with a bit of nightlife dont book at Coastline! Thank you to all the staff you are wonderful but we will not be returning.

Room Tip: Choose a room on 5th floor if you want views at the front but be aware the main road of the island r...
Good afternoon,

I thank you for sharing your comments concerning your stay at the Coastline. In our attempt to improve our Hotel, we will certainly take your feedback into consideration. Should you wish to discuss further please feel free to contact me on mbuhagiar@coastline.com.mt.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

i though this hotel was lovely.
perhaps a little over-priced - but we thoroughly enjoyed our week in northern malta.
the staff are very friendly, polite and attentive, especially the housekeepers.
maria is a star!!!
left on the 25th september and booked to go back again next may.
food was very good and even the local drinks were lovely.
well done.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
MBuhagiar, General Manager at Coastline Hotel, responded to this review, October 3, 2011
Good morning,

I thank you for taking the time to post this review. I am glad to note that you have enjoyed your stay at the Coastline. I will inform all my staff especially Maria.

I look forward to welcoming you back in May. In the meantime should you require further assistance please feel free to contact me on mbuhagiar@coastline.com.mt.

Regards

West Sussex
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

Just back from a week's visit. The hotel has a very friendly atmosphere and, if you have a room on the upper floors at the front of the hotel, you have a wonderful view across the bay. The staff are all very friendly and efficient. The bedrooms are spacious and clean BUT - and this is a big but - why no soap and/or toiletries in the bathroom (except for a couple of mingy shower caps)? This is the first 4 star hotel I have visited where you have to visit the hotel shop to buy a bar of soap. Yes, there are "soap" dispensers in the bathroom, but one was empty and the other eventually, dispensed some horrible brown looking gunge. However, having said that, it was a very enjoyable week. Food in the restaurant was good and, if like me you are a single traveller, the option to sit at a table with other single travellers worked well. Saga's gala dinner was excellent. The evening entertainment was variable, that at the beginning of the week being much better than that at the end, but all enjoyable. Overall the hotel could do with a bit of tlc - in places it is beginning to look a bit tired. Finally, many people I spoke to were on repeat visits which is a recommendation in itself.

Room Tip: Choose a sea view room on as high a floor as possible. It won't get the sun but you do get a ma...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
MBuhagiar, General Manager at Coastline Hotel, responded to this review, September 28, 2011
Good afternoon,

I thank you for posting your positive comments. I will pass on your comments to my team. I will also discuss you comment about soap dispenser with our Housekeeper. I look forward to welcoming you once again. In the meantime should you require any assistance please feel free to contact me on mbuhagiar@coastline.com.mt.

Regards

Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

i have been to this hotel for many years now but this year was exceptional,the food was more than4star would deffiantly reccomend this hotel to unwind and relax,resturant staff and in house staff will always make your holiday less stressfull Like to thank Oliver Christina Resturant mthankaager,Malcolm Buhagiair Hotel manager for the warm welcome they treat you as neighbours

Room Tip: any room seaview at front
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
MBuhagiar, General Manager at Coastline Hotel, responded to this review, September 26, 2011
Good afternoon Mrs Ward,

I am pleased to note that you have enjoyed your stay with us once again. I will make sure to pass on your comments to all the staff.

I look forward to welcoming you again in the not so distant future. In the meantime should you require any assistance please feel free to contact me.

walsall
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

Just returned from the most fantastic holiday at the Coastline Hotel in Malta. It was clean, the staff were friendly and couldn't do enough for us. I will most certainly be going back there. I loved it. The food was fantastic and varied. I can't fault anything about it. The Gala night was fabulous. The rooms spacious and airy and well decorated. Thank God for the air conditioning though, it was heavenly after the heat of the scorching sun..
I thought the outdoor pool was great. Very clean and well maintained. There was always enough sunbeds for everyone, which is rare in some holiday hotels.
I cannot wait to go back to this wonderful hotel, It's one of the nicest I have ever stayed in. I miss it already.

Room Tip: If you are in a wheelchair you need to be on the second floor or above as there are a few steps on t...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Good afternoon,

I thank you for posting your positive comments. I am glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay at the Coastline. It is always heartening to read that our guests enjoyed their stay and that all was to their expectations. I will pass on your feedback to all my staff.

I look forward to welcoming you back at the Coastline. In the meantime should you require any assistance please feel free to contact me on mbuhagiar@coastline.com.mt.

Malcolm Buhagiar

Been to Coastline Hotel? Share your experiences!