We got this hotel for very moderate price, so we didn't expect anything outstanding. Actually the only thing we wanted was a room with basic accommodations, because we didn't plan to pass a lot of time in the hotel.
The reality appeared to be even more “basic” than we though. No hair-drier, no shampoo, no gel in the bath-room, just a micro-soap. To put the things even funnier, the were no European-style changers for the electricity in the reception, (the hotel has British-style electrical sockets), so we had to wait till the next day evening, when we got them for the 5 Euro deposit.
The first room we got had toilet cistern broken. The door-window of the balcony didn't close well enough (with the window to the street and karaoke-bar in front of us the nights were not calm at all), and the walls were partially “stripped”. We informed the reception, asking to repair at least the cistern, but it was in vain.
We decided to not pay attention, and enjoy the stay as it is, because the island itself was wonderful. And we succeeded, till the moment when a big group of teenagers entered the hotel. I guess it was a kind of convocation trip, but actually the purpose of their trip doesn't matter, because they behaved themselves like the mixture of a traveling zoo and barbarian troops, extremely noisy, highly disrespecting and rude, and even aggressive.
We had bad luck, because on our left were the room of the girls, and on the right the room of the boys, so you can just imagine the all-night “peregrination” we had to “enjoy”. Sometimes they missed the room and knocked to our door. Next day I asked them very politely to stop the noise, and firstly they apologized. But then continued, already with personal insults, so I had to speak with their professor, but with no result. When they organized an all-night party, I had to call the security. The security “calmed” them only for a 5 minute, then the party continued.
So we insisted on changing our room, with the new one as FAR from those youngsters as possible. We got it one only after strong talk with the reception, “threatening” them with the high management. I have to say that another room was much better, at least everything was functioning in the bath-room, and the door-window was closing quite well. We passed really good night or two good nights there... till the new groups of the teenagers came. This time they were many, so they occupied the whole hotel, and there was no calm corner anywhere.
So, what we got is bad room with broken facilities, noisy nights without sleep, personal insults from the bad-educated and uncontrollable teenagers, not very good treatment from the reception, and finally, spoiled holidays, in spite of all our intentions to take it easy, and really low demands as for the level of the hotel.
Somebody would ask, if there was at least something good in that hotel. I would mark two things:
1. The small indoor pool with jacuzzi.
2. The yogurt which they propose for the breakfast. And that's all, actually. Unfortunately, these things were not able to compensate others. Because, looking back, I understand that almost all time in the hotel we passed quarreling with noisy teenagers, speaking with the reception or packing and unpacking our things, trying to get the room where we could sleep a little.
As far as I understand, it was not just coincidence, but the policy of the hotel's management. So I would strongly not recommend this hotel to those who want to have rest at night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blue Sea Bugibba Hotel & Apartments is an ideal choice for those looking for a charming break in the popular St. Paul's area of Malta. Just a five-minute stroll from Bugibba's pretty seaside promenade and town centre, families, couples and friends will enjoy the comfortable facilities and pleasant service of this delightful 3-star hotel. The 173 Mediterranean style rooms and apartments centre on a spacious outdoor swimming pool complete with terrace and sun loungers perfect for relaxation and revitalisation, plus a separate children's area. Guests of the Bugibba Hotel & Apartments can also enjoy a large indoor pool (non-heated) and Jacuzzi, providing an idyllic space to retreat to if the Maltese sun gets too much. Further facilities include an outdoor pool bar, 24-hour reception, gift shop and Wi-Fi to make every stay as comfortable as possible. Decorated in a traditional style, each accommodation includes an en-suite bathroom with bathtub, cable TV, air-conditioning and heating. Many rooms enjoy a private balcony with attractive views of the pool or internal courtyard. For guests who opt for an apartment stay, a kitchenette complete with fridge and cooker is provided, great for preparing simple meals from the fresh, Mediterranean produce available nearby. Those who prefer to leave the cooking at home can make the most of the hotel's modern buffet style restaurant, complete with al fresco dining available during the summer. There's also Jack's Bar, reminiscent of an English style pub with regular entertainment, and a pool bar offering a wide range of drinks and light snacks to keep hunger at bay. Being perfectly located in the centre of town, the Bugibba Hotel & Apartments is close to the seafront, restaurants, bars and shops. The resort's lively main square is within walking distance, as are public transport options that link you to the many fantastic sights and attractions that Malta offers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, HostelWorld and Despegar.com so you can book your Blue Sea Bugibba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bugibba Holiday Complex Hotel Bugibba
- Holiday Complex Hotel Bugibba
- Holiday Complex Bugibba
- Blue Sea Bugibba Malta