“More than meets the eye......but what meets the eye is superb” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 101 Restaurants in Bugibba
Cuisines: European, Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Rabat, Malta
“More than meets the eye......but what meets the eye is superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Our intention was to find another restaurant but since it was closed we left if to someone who knew the restaurants in the area better...... And what a find it was. The restaurant setup instantly indicates that we were I'm for something particular. A table was quickly set up and we sat down at our table within 3 minutes. The waiter took the drinks order promptly and the restaurant manager soon came displaying two dishes with the fish of the day and the different meat cuts. This was the first time ever that I was presented with a meat display. Next came some home baked bread accompanied with some bean paste and olives as well as butter. I went for venison. My friends went for a fish platter, rib eye steak and veal. We waited for about 25 minutes until the food was on the table accompanied by grilled veg and baked potatoes. The venison was exquisite and all my friends felt that they all had made a good choice with their mains. Desserts soon followed and as with everything else these were not off the shelf products but carefully presented and meticulously home baked items. I must strongly recommend this restaurant. Absolutely genuine and great value for money

London, United Kingdom
“Simply the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Having dined here for over 20 years, you may ask why do I always return. Is it the amazing menu the freshness and quality of the food, the first class service, the ambiance well it is all of these and more. Quite frankly the Venus is a cut above any other restaurant it has class, elegance and is a great fine dining experience there is nothing to touch. I have visited many many times and the very high standards have always been maintained. I have just returned and enjoyed 4 great evenings there. The menu is original and changes most years this time from the A La Carte for starters I had Thai fish cakes with calamari and for the main I enjoyed Duck in sweet chilli and ginger ( simply yummy) and the local fish. I tried red Snapper on one visit and Dentry fish (the spelling maybe incorrect) on another occasion ,both local fish served as an option with massive kingprawns. Baked in the oven the fillets were so tender the meat melts in your mouth . There is also an excellant fixed price menu 3 courses for 25euros. Both the A La carte and fixed menus offer a good variety of meat and fish dishes with vegatians catered for. A nice touch is that before ordering your meal you are shown at your table the cuts of meat and fish available on the menu. At this time the staff member will offer you if required recommendations or if you wish you can discuss how you would like your meal cooked, the staff really are extremely knowledgeable and will do all they can to ensure you have a great dining experience. The wine list is select and 1st class. The clients are a good mix of tourists, expats and maltese. If your looking for a lovely evening , enjoy good food and want to go somewhere special try the Venus you wont be disappointed. Whilst waiting for your food to be freshly prepared and cooked for you enjoy the ambiance, fresh bread and canape are served once your order has been taken.This is and has been my favorite restaurant for many years it really is the very best in Bugibba. I would recommend at the weekends that you try and book but this is not essential. Happy dining

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
West Kelowna, BC
“Amazing cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

The atmosphere was warm and inviting, the service was great and the food was amazing, the chef came out to greet patrons afterwards and we totally complimented him on the food.

Sandbach, United Kingdom
“Surprising find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

Fell upon this restaurant and decided to dump the half board in the hotel and treat ourselves to celebrate my birthday. Excellent food and at a reasonable price, my wife's comment of the night was 'if the sweet was twice the price it would still be worth it'.
We enjoyed the experience so much that we decided to visit on another night and we're not disappointed.
I think the reviewer with the bad experience should have told the staff as I feel they would have fixed the situation immediately.

Lymington, United Kingdom
“Second visit & still impressed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

The best restaurant in Bugibba by a country mile. The fixed price menu is an absolute bargain. To sit outside you will almost certainly need to book. If you appreciate quality food at a reasonable price with pleasant staff, this is the place for you.