“Succeeded my expectations. ......” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 93 restaurants in Bugibba
Cuisines: European, Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Bugibba, Malta
“Succeeded my expectations. ......”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

I highly recommend this restaurant , you will never be disappointed try the venison fillet , its signature dish for me, mostly I took all the dishes on the menu, everything seems as fresh . Keep it up........

95% Recommend
Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
“AMAZING!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

My husband and I visited venus restaurant for our anniversary and was not disappointed!
I'm a little bit fussy with food and not keen on sauces but the food was delicious!
I had the local cheeselets for starters followed by the duck, and my husband had a tuna starter followed by the steak. All of which were amazing! Cooked to perfection!
Service was outstanding also, could not of asked for a better evening!
Portions were very generous.
Well worth every penny!

Dronfield, United Kingdom
“An upmarket eatery.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

This restaurant is really something special, but that is reflected in the prices which are double those of most of the other restaurants in Bugibba. We ate there on the last night of our holiday as a special treat and were not disappointed, both food and service were very good. The restaurant, itself, has just been refurbished and the decor is very tasteful. We chose to eat outside where the main problem is the same as we found in all Maltese restaurants- swarms of flies!!

“Perfection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely bloody marvellous. Our second visit and it was sublime. Thank you for looking after us and the best cuisine on the island! Planning our next visit, or two or three.

Bugibba, Malta
“Semi-hidden gem.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

This was something of a revelation; a foodie oasis in a sea of fast-food. Can't fault the service or the food or the premises, the only thing that might lose it marks is its location which is in the heart of Bugibba's busy, tourist-filled centre. On the other hand, I shouldn't complain as it is also only five minute's walk from our apartment :)

This was our first visit to Venus Restaurant, something we'd promised ourselves we'd do for months. We visited with friends who were over from Denmark and as this was their penultimate night in Malta, we thought we'd do something special.

Not disappointed AT ALL! Excellent food -- it's about 200 metres from the sea and the fish was super, super fresh -- friendly, attentive service and clean and well-presented establishment.

The m'aitre d' showed us a huge platter of freshly-caught fish and shellfish with lovely sea-bream, red snapper, flying fish, meagre fish, prawns, razor-clams and oysters, taking the time to explain what each one was, when it was caught (a handful of hours earlier) and how they might prepare it.

I had a truly delicious gnocchi dish to start, in a parmesan and orange zest sauce with a thin slice of balsamic-caramelised liver; very rich, very unusual, very tasty. For my main, I had grilled flying fish accompanied with a selection of tray-baked vegetables.

We washed it down with a really nice local rosé from the Marsovin vineyards.

Very, very good, look forward to visiting again.

• Visited June 2013