“Budget hotel good location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Bugibba Hotel

You added Bugibba Hotel to your Saves list
Bugibba Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Tourist Street | Triq It- Turisti, Bugibba, Island of Malta SPB 05, Malta   |
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Bugibba
South Yorkshire
“Budget hotel good location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

If you want a budget hotel this is what this hotel is.Stayed for a week in November good base to explore the island from basic continental breakfast but local bars cheap enough to use.Bus station nearby.Booked again for March found it even cheaper by booking flights + rooms separate

• Stayed November 2013
BugibbaHotel, Sales Team at Bugibba Hotel, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Dear Hairybackwesh

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay with us
We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel
We look forward to welcoming you back in March

Best Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (337)
  • Polish first
manchester, england
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

Convenient location with clean rooms. Breakfast leaves something to be desired (bacon/sausage etc) though an extra charge of 3 euros/day will add these items which is not good value as a full breakfast inc tea and toast can be had in town for less.
The hotel is in need of refurbishment and some care in maintenance though I cannot complain too much as it is amongst the cheapest in Buggiba.
I did have good sleeps as the beds are comfy but be prepared to leave a deposit for a tv remote, iron, kettle etc and a cooler (not a fridge) is also a chargeable extra.
Air con is fitted and the unit makes a noise though no airflow was noticed so maybe needs servicing?
Overall, you gets what you pays for.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Carlisle, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

we recently stayed at the( Hilton as the locals call it)the first room was so damp with plaster coming off wall,wardrobe you coundnt put your clothes in. We where moved to a slightly better room the cooker was not even connected(we booked sc) kitchen tap not working bath tap worked shower and bath at same time toaster not working, hotel needs complete refurb and a good maintenance crew

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

I'm currently in the middle of a stay at The Bugibba hotel and have nothing but praise for the place. It's exactly as I had thought it would be for the price I paid for my stay. I went half board but the food isn't to my taste so if I ever stayed again I would go either room only or self catering. As a solo traveller I would recommend this of any budget hotel in any country, provided there is an ample choice of eateries in the local area, as there is in Bugibba itself.

All in all a good hotel for the price you pay....don't expect the same standards as in the U.K. etc

As for Malta itself I love it!

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Taunton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

We chose s/c as two ladies and we tried to avoid a steep single room supplement. The apartment was really tatty but it was clean one of the bedrooms had a major damp problem the beds were hardboard bases with mattresses well past any cushioning at all and slipped sideways each time you moved.No handle on the bathroom window so couldn't shut it until reported to maintenance toilet seat swerved to one side ok if it was my friend as she is a small lady if I had fallen off it would have been a job for the fire brigade! we had ants in the kitchen and one wet night woke up to find the kitchen flooded. All except toilet seat fixed reasonably quickly, no toaster and all markings on cooker worn off. The worst complaint was 100+ russian students staying for the whole 2 weeks we were and entertained themselves with music and screaming around the pools below our balcony.The cleaner Louisa and the maintenance staff were the only plus.

Room Tip: Don't go s/c and avoid november as the student invasion is a regular thing fine if you are young...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Flitwick, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

You will see by my previous reviews that I give praise when it is due and like to think I give my honest opinion, This was possibly the worst hotel we have stayed in. The reception staff were very abrupt when we asked for information. We arrived late at night, the lights in the corridor outside our room were not working and I had difficulty in finding the door lock.. The room was adequate but In the morning I opened the curtains to see a swimming pool that did not look as though it had been cleaned all season. Then came breakfast, if you could call it that. Only 2 choices of hot food, luke warm hard boiled eggs and baked beans. There must have been a further 20 hot trays all of which were empty. If you only eat salad then this is the place for you. The evening meal was no better only 3 "hot" meals and chips as the only vegetable choice. We looked at breakfast the following morning went upstairs and immediately checked out. We had to find alternative accommodation and were out of pocket as we had to pay for breakfasts and evening meals for the remainder of our stay.

Room Tip: I have nothing to say here.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Bridlington, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

We stayed at this Hotel last week, great value for money but ! room overlooked bars behind, very noisy, although requesting all inclusive, was told by tour company on the beach they did not do, Wrong !! most of the people there was all inclusive, drinks was a long wait, as preference was given to all inclusive, a party of some 50 to 60 school children was staying there aged 12 to 14, one night fully took over the bar !
Rooms were tired but fairly clean and done each day, air con was free, 10 min walk from beach and bus station,
The lift in a morning and evening, well I grew a beard waiting, I could use stairs but wife not to good.
Breakfast was continental, but only one toaster, which had to go through twice, does not cost much for extra ones !
Staff were quite nice, helpful all in all ok, just the few points, would not go again, but do not be put off

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Bugibba Hotel? Share your experiences!