“waste of money” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Bugibba Hotel

You added Bugibba Hotel to your Saves list
Bugibba Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Tourist Street | Triq It- Turisti, Bugibba, Island of Malta SPB 05, Malta   |
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Bugibba
malta
“waste of money”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

not a great place to stay, rooms are very basic which if your on a budget is great but not very clean and very tired decor, did not find the staff friendly on my stay, they serve a continetal breaky, boiled eggs and cheese with salad, the englist style breaky was only available once in my weeks stay last year in may, a friend came to see me and stayed here this year in may and the room he was given was more like a prison cell wiv rugs and no windows!! he never spent the night their. ground floor behind recption?

Room Tip: cheap stay, rooms on higher levels are better, you have windows and a view of the pool area
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (337)
  • Polish first
Panevezys, Panevezio Apskritis, Lithuania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Some say it isn't that bad... I mean if there are cockroaches, what could possibly be worse?.. The staff was pretty friendly and that's basically the only good thing I can say about this "hotel"... Food wasn't very tasty, there are still marks of a lipstick on the glasses... Pool... Well that was so dirty, you could even see the bottom of it (pool is only around 1.5-1.6 meters deep...). AC not working in the rooms... There's more but I think you already understand how bad it is...

Room Tip: There are no good rooms.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Blackpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I am maltese and live in the uk . I am also a travel agent .Each year I visit family and stay in the resort .
Firstly it amazes me how picky people can be looking at the fotos before I departed i did get concerned , however knowing where this hotel was I was prepared to ignore the negative reviews.
Ok we arrived in the early hours of the morning , the reception staff were very welcoming and checking in was a breeze. My first impression of the hotel was how clean it was .We stayed in a 2 bed apartment on All Inclusive . I can say I cud not fault the rooms in anyway .Very big and roomy . The shower head we had to adjust oursleves as it kept moving but to be honest it wasnt a major issue.
Alot of people complain on here about food . Well food is a subjective issue and what pleases you may not please me , ok beans eggs ham cheese toast cereal was the only option at breakfast , but lets be honest guys who eats a full english every day ... Lunch is done by the pool bar and is cooked to order that no one could fault surely . Evening meal I found always to be plenty of choice, travelling with 4 children who 2 are fussy , we ate out twice with family only .
Now Malta is not as upto date as Spain etc so please bear this in mind when you saying its in need of an update. A bulb out abit of plaster showing , hey is it really gonna ruin ur holiday . If it is then you should be staying a 5 star . This hotel has multi nationals staying here . I found them to be a little rude but in no way did I find the staff infact I have everypraise for them.
So I will say to all them moaning Look at what ur paying look at where u r ..THINK about what u r saying cos I am telling you I WOULD VISIT THIS HOTEL AGAIN and I certainly would tell any customer of mind its an ideal base to visit Malta and certainly value for money .
I would also like to thank the pool staff and the bar staff for their excellence service as I didnt get chance to thank them personally , I would also like to thank the cleaners as my daughter had a major nose bleed and they didnt flinch that it was everywhere and when i told them that they didnt need to clean on one day , they insisted on dusting .... and sweeping , We had clean towels every day too .
Thank you once again and if anyone has a doubt for what you are paying give it a try

Fgura Malta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Booked this hotel for 1 night as live Malta but wanted a quick break. After reading the reviews I was nervous about going, but to be honest it was ok, better than I thought. Ok the corridors were very dismal like others had mentioned, but at the end of the day, who sleeps in the corridors??

The food was alright and the dining area was nice and bright, location was good with lots of bars etc., this hotel is alright for a cheap break

Room Tip: Suggest booking a triple room overlooking the pool
Northampton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Just returned from three nights here (four adults) where we had two one bedroom studios. Lots of niggly issues - air conditioning noisy and not working (reading other reviews this wasn't working nine months ago), tv with picture and no sound, room smelling of smoke, not very clean or well maintained with lots of patched repairs to tiling and woodwork throughout. Beds were comfortable enough but towels need replacing. Breakfast repetitive with dry bread each day was not appetising. Worse of all though, both rooms had cockroaches - first one discovered in one room early in stay whilst the cleaner was doing her rounds so she appeared quickly with a large spray can to deal with it (presumably this is a regular occurrence as she had the equipment readily to hand), and second one discovered on the morning of departure in the other room. I am surprised that other reviewers haven't mentioned this problem . A serious deep clean then full and proper refurbishment rather than the "make do and mend" approach apparently being adopted currently might improve this establishment.

Room Tip: ask for a room that has been fully (recently) refurbished with working air conditioning and no cockr...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I travelled to malta between 7-14 June '13 on a holiday with my wife and three children. The holiday was booked in january ( 6 months previous). We booked a two bedroomed apt " on a low floor, with a poor view"
When we got to the hotel at approx 2 AM we had to push our way through a crowd of teenagers to get to the front door of the hotel, as the entrance was on the main street. When we checked in, we were given a room on the top floor of the hotel facing the main street and directly opposite were two bars with blaring music.We went for breakfast the first morning: the selection was poor- ham and cheese, and my son had to wait to get a clean cup for a cup of tea. When my daughter went to get a slice of toast, the toast burned and set the toaster on fire . When we attempted to sort the problem the following morning, we were told that the hotel had "no other rooms which they could give us". We spoke to our rep the same morning and he came back with the answer " you didn't pay for a room with a pool view and priority would be given to those that had paid".It took us four (4) days, and numerous phone calls to our travel agent back home to get any satisfaction. We were eventually given a one bedroomed apt with a pool view. The room was very spacious and served our needs and the maid service was good

portsmouth
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

recent stay 25th may to 8th of june, We had no hot water for a week and showered in another room until one day we were given the key and some one was checked into that room and reception were not bothered like most of the staff there, hence this hotel is rubbish filthy pool, lifts never working, poor maid cleaning, noisy maitenance and not a good time to maintain hotel when its busy, we heard shocking storys while we were there, hotel has bad name around bugibba and qawra, we choose to stay in hotels in malta every year and this is worse so far had better time in palm court

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Bugibba Hotel? Share your experiences!