These Apartments are spotlessly clean and very large, they are in a very good location as everything you need is on the doorstep. The pool whilst not large was great and we really had lots of use from it, we came out of our apartment door and the lift was right there, up two floors and we were at the pool. We reallised before we arrived that the pool was small and resigned ourselves to just using it as a plunge pool to cool off as we expected it to be crowded but most of the time we had the pool to ourselves. We used to have a good swim (you just have to do more lengths) every morning and then when we got back to the apartments in the afternoon we had a another swim and there was always room. Because the pool area is quite small with about seven sunbeds (although there are another six or seven on a sun terrace) everyone around got chatting and we spoke to most of the people who were staying there it made for a very friendly atmosphere and nobody hogged the beds, people just had a sunbathe and then left so anytime you wanted a sunbed there was always one available.
I agree with other reviewers that an electric kettle would be good but it is not essential as the cooker boiled the kettle fairly quickly. Some people have said that they had a toilet roll when they arrived but the two apartments that we and our friends had did not have any when we arrived and I do think that just one should be provided as this would cost very liittle and would be good if you arrive after the shops are closed, and although I had expected none my friends were surprised at this.
While we were there our toaster packed up so on our way out we knocked on Antida's door and told her, by the time we came back there was a new toaster ready for use.
We were also a bit bothered that there were no safety deposit boxes at the apartments as we did not wish to carry passports and money everywhere with us, I e mailed Antida about this before the holiday and she kindly offered to put anything we were concerned about in her safe. I took a PVC bag and we put our things and our friends in the bag and they went into the safe, we had to go for money twice while we were there but it did not seem to trouble Antida and so this was very much appreciated also one day while getting some money and having a chat she printed a list for me of local places of interest. The only down side to these apartments was that while we were there there was quite a lot of building work going on and whilst it had almost no effect on us with an apartment at the back our friends were at the front and directly below the work and it was very noisy and started very early in the morning so they found it very annoying, but when we go again I am sure this will be finished
When we booked we asked for a high floor with adjoining rooms and we had both, and the family where very pleasant and helpful overall we had a great holiday and we will definitely go to Malta again and we will stay in these apartments again and I would have no hesitation in recomending these apartments to friends and relatives but a word of warning if you want five star accomodation these apartments are not for you they are large, clean, basic and good value for money
Also there are two lovely restaurants as you leave the apartments and turn into tourist street one is La Sopressa and the other La Stalla opposite one another both with a thirteen euro three course menu and both very good value with bread & butter and garlic bread and dips at no extra charge also the Sea Shell fish and chip shop next door to La Stalla with Cod, Haddock or Scampi chips & peas for five ninety five including bread & butter all in all the whole holiday was very good value for money.
The only place we did not like was the George Pub just up the road as we had a meal in there on the Sunday and the food was awful when I complained that the yorkshire pudding was inedible as was the Gammon the man said it was not up to the usual standard and that was it not even an apology
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shamrock Apartments with shared swimming pool are centrally located and located in a very safe neighbourhood in Bugibba in St Paul's Bay area in Malta. The Shamrock Apartments are 8 minutes by walk from supermarkets, bus station, main square, sandy beach, banks, restaurants, pubs, casino and other any tourist services and facilities. The Shamrock Apartments is a small family-run business and a unique feature of the Shamrock Apartments is its rooftop swimming pool with sea views. Other facilities include: Inroom wireless internet access (WI-FI) in the apartment, ample free public car parking, free lugguage storage, passenger life and office to assist guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Tingo, Booking.com, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL and HostelBookers so you can book your Shamrock Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shamrock Apartments Hotel Bugibba
- Shamrock Apartments Malta/Bugibba