“family holiday” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Coral Hotel

You added Coral Hotel to your Saves list
Coral Hotel
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Pioneer Road, Bugibba, Island of Malta SPB, Malta   |
Ranked #5 of 7 Bugibba B&B and Inns
Beds
“family holiday”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The price we paid for 9 of us was very good. Not many staff but they all worked hard and were helpful. Maid service every day with clean towels. Breakfast much of the same each day but adequate. Bar prices very reasonable.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Chard, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2015

Just back from a 7 week stay, half board stay for a very reasonable price, from the 9th January to 27th February, stayed in room 306 which is not next door to the lift shaft as a previous reviewer stated, cannot fault the cleanliness of the room, bedding all nice and fresh, clean towels everyday. Food superb with excellent choices for both Breakfast & Evening Meal, only had to ask the Chef and he would accommodate your needs if it was possible. All staff were very friendly and helpful, as last year we felt we arrived as guests and left as friends. This was our 2nd stay at the Coral and will defiantly will return in the future. This is a small comfortable hotel which we would consider it more 4* than 3*. Bus stops for all direction very close by. We highly recommend to anyone wanting a relaxing break.

Room Tip: Front rooms have morning sun and better out look, although some traffic noise.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Belfast, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2015

Booked for 7 days only stayed 3.
Rooms were ok but a bit too cold at night heater did not do the job. used 3 blankets to keep warm. I was at the back of the hotel so had no view. was on b&b breakfast was ok. Had fridge in room needed key to open I take it you had to pay. No kettle needs one this a basic when your on b&b and I will not pay for one.
So would I go back no.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
Stranraer, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2015

the coral is as friendly hotel as you could wish to stay in .the value for money is amazing and the staff so friendly.yes if you wish you can fault little things but look at the price you pay.i am writing this praise even though my travel company put me in the hotel knowing I was in a wheelchair and the hotel is not suitable for such travellers nor are the pavements round about.i have still loved my stay and my beef is purely with the travel company.m sister and I talked to the Italian school children at the hotel and they were so polite ,a real credit to their school .Sadly this is my last holiday in malta on the forty ninth anniversary of my first visit .The island is not practical forwheelchair users.

Room Tip: wifi only in front first floor rooms .front rooms have balcony that gets the sun but back rooms don...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Bristol, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2015

Ihave never done his package way to travel before and it really is not my thing. The hotel was basic clean nice staff and full of older people in the hunt fir winter sun. If I ever took leave of my senses and went to Bugibba again I would stay there but not do this all inclusive malarkey_not my thing at all. Breakfast was fine but the evening meal, I had was far from anything I would choose to eat_made more inedible by me being veggie I guess definately no cockroaches thouh!!!!!!!!!
Bugibba is an outdated concept of kiss me quick and bore me slowly _ so if you're after cheap nasty booze and fish n chips it will be okay. If you're after culture or a beach it will suck.The buses are easy to use and cheap to get out of this 1970s relic. Car hire looked cheap and accessible too.

Room Tip: I would have no idea
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2015 via mobile

not bad for the money, but you could do a lot better.We were all inclusive,arrived at 1pm could Not have anything unless we paid separately as checking was 2pm,rooms were ready . No local sprites were available therefore have to pay,because all inclusive didn't cover them, it would appear the only local drinks were beer and wine, lunch was only available between 12.30 and 1.30 pm if you wanted anything outside these times vending machine with chocolate etc. waiters,reception and bar all operated by the same person (extremely helpful). Cockroach in the dining room, the staff were quite quick to remove it and apologised .The rooms were cleaned and towels replaced daily, would have helped if the shower worked and when we turned on the cold tap we had constant hot water from both taps. This is a sister hotel to the canifor more like the poor relation

Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2015

Dirty entrance we , couldn't book in for three hours after arrival, no meal due to the fact we hadn't booked in. Room 306 next to lift shaft. The rooom was dirty and out dated room decor,The bed linen and towels were all worn and grey. Bar area was utilitarian ,no lounge to relax in. The restaurant was self service all food was processed no fresh fruit or vegetables.The choice on the night we stayed was curry the meat was tinned and not a wiff of curry anywhere. I managed less the 12 hours in this hell hole before moving to another hotel. The staff however were very nice and doing the best they could in the circumstances.

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Coral Hotel? Share your experiences!