“Used once - good service received” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #84 of 109 Restaurants in Bugibba
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
“Used once - good service received”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

Can't say much as I only stopped for a quick drink, but I was pleased with the service. Malta is generally affordable and the cost of my drink was pretty average.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Polish first
March, United Kingdom
“Best Restaurant In Bugibba,Malta.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

This restaurant is a must especially on a sunday night, we went there twice,great live music,great food and great location,staff really friendly didn't have to wait long for food, prices were good too,great selection of food.Great for everyone,we had three teenagers with us and they thoroughly enjoyed it.Excellent.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Beautiful view barely makes up for the food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

With the sea and the setting sun, this is one of the best views in Malta. But the food is limp and the service mixed. My girlfriend had mussels in a white wine sauce. There were mussels, but no wine sauce. Unless there was a translation error and they meant brine. The shells were hiding a spit-sized portion of salty water. I attempted to play it safe with a burger. In the sense I haven't yet perished, I got what I asked for. Although I was lucky to get away with not choking on a inch long chunk of carrot in the 'salad'.

Worse still, after being told that beer was a certain price, when we came to pay, it had become a higher price. However, we were there a while, so it may have inflated whilst the sun set. Perhaps it had attained vintage status in the time it took them to bring us each pint.

Really this is a one star experience if it weren't for the view. And the restaurant gets that for free. Unless, of course, Poseidon has inflated the price, and the customer is paying for it with cheap burger meat.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Missing meals, shocking attitude from staff. Amazing views.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Visited this places 3 times and before my most recent visit I had 1 good experience and 1 not so good. Deciding to give it one final try was a big mistake.

This is one of very few in the area that do not display their trip advisor rating and this should be remembered for later in this review.

On this visit I really felt like us arriving was an issue for staff, no help given for getting a table etc. My meal never came and the waiter just said ok I'll get you one but it will be 15 mins I waited 15 and still no food. This did not come with any form of simply " sorry about this". With everyone finished and ready to leave I cancelled my meal only to find when I asked for the bill it was on. After my partner speaking with staff again no sign of a sorry from the staff and instead there just said its one of them things and she should get over it as 2 members of staff failed to turn up and even the owner had to be called in.

The older waiter with grey hair was the most rude member of staff I have come across. He said no one pays attention to trip advisor only people who want to moan. Check out other places in the area with rave reviews, incognito for one.

Stay away.

• Visited August 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Beatiful location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Get there at a reasonable time so you have a space on the upper terrace overlooking the bay and enjoy a nice kinnie with the resident stray cat (who does have manners btw). The staff are helpful and friendly and always smiling. The food is great especially if you like fish. The pizza is great too but maybe not for fussy eaters, as they may find it has too much base sauce on it. (A pizza is a pizza, right?) although the calamari is exquisite! Fresh, perfectly battered and cooked and soft to eat. Not at all chewy!

• Visited July 2014