After extensive research I booked a 2 bedroom self catering apt for July at Sunny Coast via Onthebeach.co.uk. Myself, my husband + 5 year old son were very excited about our trip - my son especially as he was looking forward to his own bedroom at the hotel.
We had been travelling since noon and arrived at the hotel at approx. 9.30pm - with one very tired 5 year old. I was told that my room was not available due to 'maintenance' and I had been moved to a different hotel without my consent. I was astounded that this could happen as I had not been informed before arrival. I asked to speak to the Hotel Manager however they were unavailable and to be honest, the guy at reception seemed out of his depth as I was so upset. He was unable to help or offer any sort of assistance so we reluctantly took our luggage back to the hire car and set off for our reallocated accommodation - Hotel Santana.
We were so disappointed and upset as it was 1 bedoom - 3 cramped beds - and not self catering. We spent a sleepless night and next day I contacted Onthebeach to try and resolve the matter. The adviser said she would contact Sunny Resort to resolve as they had not been informed of my change of hotel. The whole matter rumbled on over 4 days - by Monday night, we had been advised that a 1 bedroom self catering apt was available at Sunny Beach but by Tuesday lunchtime, the room was then unavailable. Absolutely appalling customer service. We actually didn't unpack and couldn't wait for our holiday to be over to return home.
The whole matter is now under a full investigation but I would like to warn other travellers who might be considering booking Sunny Coast. My husband and I visited a few other hotels and from talking to the locals, they had heard of this happening to other customers who had booked Sunny Coast and who were also let down and disappointed at arrival. It has never happened to me before and I certainly hope it never happens again. Our holiday was ruined - thanks to Sunny Coast Hotel Management. You are an absolute shambles. You could at least have told me the truth and said that the hotel was overbooked, instead of making up a stupid excuse that our room was unavailable due to 'maintenance'.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sunny Coast Resort and Spa is ideally located in one of Malta's most beautiful bays. The Resort offers an easy and relaxing experience and has its own Leisure Centre, situated in a separate area across the hotel by the water's edge together with its private beach, large outdoor swimming pool together with a children's pool, three jacuzzis, a heated indoor pool, sauna and massage rooms, squash court, games room and a fully air-conditioned gym. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Sunny Coast Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunny Coast Hotel Qawra
- Sunny Coast Resort And Spa
- Sunny Coast Resort & Spa Malta/Qawra