“Friendly and Great Value” 5 of 5 stars

Euroclub Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Fliegu Street, Qawra, Island of Malta, Malta   |
Ranked #11 of 16 hotels in Qawra
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Friendly and Great Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

After being disapointed with our appartment the barman at Mc Cormack's suggested Euroclub. How pleased we were that he did. As soon as we arrived we were shown to our basic but clean room by the lovely Carmen and made to feel very welcome. All the staff were lovely. We enjoyed our stay so much we are going back in october. It is in a great location right next to the bus station. The pool is a good size, even if I was the only one swiming in november, there is also a small indoor pool. Our room was cleaned daily as were the beds and towels. Yet again thank-you to Sayed, Carman and Maria for making our stay so enjoyable.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

241 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Polish first
Groningen, The Netherlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

No air condition, not working old TV, broken furniture, cockroaches nest in the bathrooms.
Booked this hotel with my boyfriend for a week but we moved out after the 2nd day because we could not stand it anymore. The broken chair injured my boyfriend, the manager blamed us for that, kept yelling and being very arrogant to us! No apologies or solution at all!!! We have an open dispute in our country now.
Huge cockroaches nest in the bathroom made me almost to a heart attack! Never since that huge cockroaches in my life..they literally were 6-7cm big..CAN YOU IMAGINE THAT RUNNING ON YOU???
Very arrogant manager with low education and poor English! He didn't even tell us his name, he just said he is from Egypt...
Please, listen to me and do not ever stay there! You do not want to experience what we did!

Regards,
Lena

Room Tip: Rooms have no air condition and with huge window to the rusty tubes and sewerage in the bathroom
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Largs, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

just back from malta pleasant hotel room air con and fan ( bonus ) meals buffet style . breakfast good cooked and continental . dinner good variety over 2 weeks .2 mains and salad bar , soup ,sweet . close to bus station . watsons bar onsite and across from incognito will be on list next time in malta

New Forest National Park, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Stayed for a week in July half board. The good things others say about the staff and the food is very much what I experienced. The only down side as far as I'm concerned was that the weather was "TOO" good. A week of continuous sunshine with temperatures in the thirties was bliss but when there is no air conditioning the nights were very uncomfortable even though the big ceiling fan was going constantly (it only managed to stir the air in the room).

The rooms are indeed basic but to their credit the service is really good, very friendly and they are doing improvements as I write. The week I was there it appeared pretty quiet (not very many people dining in) maybe because setions are being refurbished. Having made a comment on the refurbishment I was offered a tour of those sections being worked on and I must say I was impressed. These rooms are being completely gutted and re-equipped to a good standard. There was very little noise of this work going on.

Though the restaurant has air con this was not in use which made mealtimes a hot sticky affair. Not a place to sit and people watch and after a few days I was not bothering to shower before my meals but after. I did enjoy the food though.

The hotel is in a good location. Close to the bus station and not far from a man made sandy (gritty) beach with ladder access to the sea (The natural sandy beaches at Golden Bay etc. on the weekend were packed).

Having last been in Malta in 1978 it was nice to return but if I were to go again I think that for me four days would be enough.

If you are considering hiring a car you may well be advised to consider additional insurance. The roads are busy and nobody wants to give way. I saw the aftermath of three RTA,s in the week I was there and one of those was pretty serious so be very aware (even though they do drive on the left hand side of the road as do we).

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Newcastle, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

When we arrived we thought the Euroclub looked ok, we were on a low budget so wasn't expecting a deal. The room was clean but had a view of a brick wall out the window, very depressing. Didn't really plan on being in the room much anyway.

On the first morning we were woke up at 6am by a loud scraping noise across the roof and this continued until at least 10am and we couldn't get back to sleep. The noise was so loud that even putting in earplugs didn't help. It was our first night we were excited to get out so didn't say anything.

The next day the exact same thing happened and we went down to reception at around 6:15am to ask them what it was, we were told it was "building work next door" and there was nothing they could do. We were convinced that the noise was coming from their roof so the next morning when it happened again we went to look as we knew we were being lied to. On the roof we discovered a HUSKY dragging various objects across the roof like chairs and wooden crates, they obviously knew that it was there as it was on THEIR roof. We asked for the objects to be removed as we were absolutely exhausted and knowing that being woke up at 6am every morning was ruining our holiday it was like boot camp and it was dictating what we did in the evenings.
However the noise continued for the whole of our stay, we got so sick of it we got a room at a different hotel for a night just so we could sleep as being so tired completely ruined the holiday for us. Keeping a Husky on a roof all day in 30 - 40 degree heat all day is cruel they shouldn't even be in that kind of heat at all. We knew it was being kept up there for the day as we was hearing the noise all through the day as well.

Staying at the Euroclub left us stressed out and we would never go low budget again after staying here. The breakfast was pretty nasty and we didn't have any hot water to shower on the last 2 days.

Room Tip: Don't get a room on the fourth floor unless you want to be sleep deprived.
Scotland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

Just back from here I was dreading going after reading the reviews, the hotel is very basic but room was clean enough although pretty run down, maid service and clean towels every day, staff were friendly enough. Food wasn't too bad although no vegetarian option at all for evening meals. You could rumble up a salad most nights but not everything available for salad all the time. Malta is lovely would love to return again but would pay for better hotel.

Ampthill, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

We were a stag party group staying recently at the Euroclub. I don't think they get many/any of those as the staff seemed quite nervous of this. Hopefully we didn't give them any reason to regret our visit. I don't think we did.
Checking in was something of a protracted affair as we had made the reservation in 3 different bookings as more travellers opted to come along. However this was sorted out after a fashion and we were shown to our rooms by the excellent Carmen. The rooms were perfectly acceptable, cleaned daily, towels and toilet rolls refreshed each day. I was particularly taken with the shower in the room which was jolly good. We couldn't manage to make the TV work, but then we weren't there to watch TV for any amount of time. No air con in my room but the ceiling fan managed manfully to provide some breeze.
The lifts to the upper floors were efficient and pleasantly speedy to appear.
Breakfast divided opinion between members of the party that managed to struggle down for it. I wasn't totally taken with it, but some of the other lads really rated it. Buffet style with English and continental possibilities.
The staff on the whole were friendly enough apart from one chap who needs a bit of training as he studiously ignored a member of the party that was attempting to retrieve his room key from reception while he was manning it.
I didn't go near the pool, so can't comment on that.
Watsons pub (attached to the hotel) is a reasonable place to have a drink.
The location was very good for our purposes. Folk who prefer a quieter time of it might not like the proximity of the Incognito bar.
For me, another place that merits the currently missing score of "good". For the price it fits the bill for a sleep, shower, breakfast etc place. It's not the Ritz, but then it's not a fleapit either.

Room Tip: All our rooms were fine. If you want a quieter room, you probably need an inland view room.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Euroclub Hotel? Share your experiences!