“A 1 star hotel, great if your not bothered and just need a base.” 3 of 5 stars

Sea View Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Qawra Road, Qawra, Island of Malta SPB04, Malta   |
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Qawra
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“A 1 star hotel, great if your not bothered and just need a base.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011 via mobile

The location for the Sea View hotel is great. We stayed for 2 weeks in Sep. 2011. We arrived at 1:30 am and retired to our room. The rooms are small and this one was on the 1st floor. There is no air con. available just a fan. We found the room too hot and noisy(road noise). We asked for a change of room the next morning and were given one on the next floor up and this was cooler and quieter. The bathroom facilities were poor. A bath with a shower attachment and no shower curtain. Hence water everywhere. The day receptionist is not as friendly as some seem to make out. At night you can help yourself to room keys as receptionist is not always available. Bad for security. As mentioned previously the entire hotel is shabby. Pool is ok. 3 strokes from end to end. Pensioners seem to love it. For us it was ok as a base as we were out every day. We paid £380 each inc. flights for a fortnight. Some paid twice that so shop around.

• Stayed September 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Mirfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

My wife and I have now been to the Seaview Hotel, Qawra Road, Bugibba, at least (yes at least) 40 times). The hotel is basic and we book direct with the hotel and get our own flight. We get what we pay for: well looked after; good facilities; decent breakfast (with booking direct we get free cooked breakfast if required each day). The staff are excellent in every case and are friendly, helpful and downright fantastic. We cannot wait to get back to Malta and visit the Seaview again. Evening meals could be better with more choice, but all in all a very good place to visit as you can tell from the times we have been. Entertainment (Sept/Oct 2011) every night until midnight. Nothing is too much for any member of staff, many who have been there for a number of years. The manager is welcoming; the receptionist staff exceptional and caring. Tony and Susan Duxbury (Mirfield, West Yorkshire).

Room Tip: Try a Seaview room, but realise that dodgems are on the front from May to October fgrom 6pm to 12 mi...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Wales
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

Just returned from the Sea View.

It seems to be a family run hotel and they are very friendly.

The hotel has a great position on the sea front and it's very close to restaurants, shops and the port in Bugibba.

However, although they advertise that all the rooms have a balcony and sea or pool view, this is definitely not the case. I had (as usual, being a single traveller) what was probably one of the worst rooms. It had a pool view, but no balcony and was small, very hot (the hotel has NO airconditioning - don't go in summer), and was in desperate need of a make-over.

To be fair, they gave me another room the following day, which was much bigger, had 2 windows and a ceiling fan, a modern bathroom and a pool view and side sea view - but still NO BALCONY,

The hotel is very reasonably priced and the food is quite good - on a par really with other places where I ate nearby. They could maybe raise their prices a little and make some improvements - they definitely need air conditioning!

I would consider going back - they told me they would give me a really nice room if I do.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Stockportr
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

I have returned from another 2 weeks at the Seaview Hotel. Again I really enjoyed myself and met up with people who we met there 2 years ago, which was nice.

Yes the hotel is basic, but it is warm and friendly. The staff could not have been any more obliging, nothing was too much trouble for them. If you want 5 star then try another hotel but I would not thnk you would get to know the majority of people that you would at the seaview hotel. It is definately small and friendly.

I will be returning to this hotel again and would recommend anyone to try it once.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
newton-le-willows
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

at first wasnt sure cos we were booked in cardor holiday complex but they overbooked us and sent us to the sea view hotel, must say wasnt happy at first. but really enjoyed our week here didnt want to leave, staff were very friendly from the receptionist to cleaner to bar staff and waiters all friendly. would defo stay here again.

there was my 17 year old daughter, my 13 year old daughter, my friend and myself we had a relaxing week, enjoyed it.

entertainment wasnt there cup of tea but was ok for us older ones, cheap for drinks compared to other hotels we heard about.

hotel was clean and maids came around everyday, carnt complain about that at all very friendly to us. clean towels and bed made each day. what more do you want.

we are thinking about booking again for next year, also sunbeds were available even in august which you dont expect at height of season

my advice is dont believe other comments try it for yourselves. if you read every comment about every hotel you wouldnt go anywhere what suits one person dosent suit another.

Room Tip: plenty of plugs so maybe take a travel kettle we didnt but we found it was too hot to drink hot drin...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

we have been going to malta for over 30years, many changes have taken place on the island. Have tried other hotels but always go back to the seaview, its not the ritz but you get what you pay for, we love it !!!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Moscow, Russia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

I've just returned from the trip to Malta and my memories about Sea View hotel are very bad. One morning I found on my pillow 4 or 5 ants! Imagine the stress I had. Also I've seen a cockroach in bathroom... The receptionist told be they would spray. No changes. So they proposed to move from room 46 to 56. Same situation! Moreover there was a problem with flushing in the toilet. No reaction from reception. Terrible service. The worse hotel I've ever been. Add here stupid singers that don't let you sleep every night and poor breakfast.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Sea View Hotel? Share your experiences!