“Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
bugibba
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

Found this gem by coincidence. One of the best restaurant's we've been so far! Perfect service. Top notch service from both the manager and the waitress. Great food, both the ribeye and the king prawns were cooked to excellence. Will definitely visit again!

Malta, EU
“Lovage Bistro”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2014 via mobile

Was very impressed with the service and food quality. Prices very reasonable. Pork belly and gnocchi were very well presented.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Qawra
“Lovely night out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

Although the place is a bit pricy, it was worth it. The staff were very courteous and attentive. Will surely recommend. The fish offered as a special dish was fantastic.

The only little downside is the view across the street from the restaurant. Suggest a high shrub along the perimiter of the restaruant would make it a lot better. All in all, it is worth a visit.
Well done and thank you for the lovely meal

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Santa Lucija, Malta
“quite good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

We just tried this restaurant last weekend and i was quite satisfied as starter my wife and i had the oyster mushroom risotto and the baked goat cheese which where both remarkable as for the main course my wife really loved her king prawns and i had a french style rack of lamb which was cooked perfectly but was a bit too over seasoned in my humble opinion and to finish the night we shared a valhrona chocolate mousse which was quite exquisite the service was a bit slow but very polite and understanding overall quite a good restaurant

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Perfect from start to finish!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

After having a horrid lunch experience at another restaurant earlier in the day, we decided to dress up a bit and treat ourselves in the evening. And what a bullseye Lovage was!!

This was the perfect meal from start to finish for us. From the aperitif being the (for me) perfect mix of dry yet fruity, and their bread being so fantastic I almost considered cancelling my mains and just having bread (very glad I didn't though) - all the way through the amazing veal main, and our deserts. Very nice service, and great help by the sommelier. We tried a lebanese red with our veal, and it took me right back to my tour in the Balkans, with it's plum like aroma.
I was frequently asking the sommelier where their various glasses and decanter were from, as they were beautiful.

At the time they offered us desert menus we were already 30 minutes over closing time, but they insisted this was not a problem, so I managed to push down a lovely Creme Brulee as wel.

I don't often tip more than 15%, but these guys fully deserved their 20% on top. The chef was a genius this night. And I hope they came good on their promise to finish of our wine bottle while they were closing up.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere