“First Class!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Soreda Hotel

You added Soreda Hotel to your Saves list
Soreda Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Andrew Cunningham Street, Qawra, Island of Malta SPB 1744, Malta   |
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Qawra
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“First Class!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

Well where do I start, what an excellent hotel! The best thing had to be the staff. Everyday they were so accommodating, remembered our names and catered to our every need. Especially the restaurant staff and rooftop bar staff. The views from the hotel were excellent. Even though this was our 5/6th visit to the hotel we will definitely be going back. The rooms are spacious with good décor, very clean and comfortable. Good facilities for children as their is a little children's pool and umbrellas for the little ones to go under when it is very warm. The food was well prepared and delicious! Every night there was something for everyone. The overall design of the hotel was great and there is an indoor pool as well as a games room and three/four lounges. Overall excellent hotel and we will be returning very soon! Well done!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (340)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

My husband and I stayed in the Soreda Hotel from 28th Jan for 4 nights. The staff are very friendly & helpful. We stayed here all inclusive and the food was good with a good variety. The restaurant staff were very helpful just one of the waitresses was a bit off putting as she seemed as if she couldn't be bothered when i approached her to ask for another drink (A coke by the way so I was still sober at the time ) but I suppose we can all have our off days. The bar staff at night are brilliant happy bunch & go out of their way to be helpful & nice.
The rooms are very spacious with a balcony, they are cleaned every day & fresh towels left. There was a variety of different entertainment every night which was good although at the time of year we went it was more suitable for the older crowd which was understandable, we still enjoyed it though as they were all very friendly and made everyone feel welcome. You have to get your seat early though as it gets packed out early (believe it or not the older folk love a wee dance too).
You can always dander down to bugibba local bars about 10mins walk away Also closer bars on the way down are good too. Swimming pool is on the roof but we didn't get to use it due to the time of year we went but there is a heated indoor swimming pool, Jaccussi & a fabulous Gym.
The only complaint we have about the hotel is our room was near the lift and when the lift is stopping at any floor there is a ringing noise which we could hear during the night (only if we hadn't had a drink lol). Reason I only give 4 *
The main bus terminal is about 10 mins walk bus ticket is 1.50 euro each and you can use the ticket all day as many times as you like up to 11pm so you can jump on & off at all the towns like Silema, St Julians, Valetta etc using the one ticket. There is plenty to see & do in Malta would definitely go back & stay for longer the next time

Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

I have just got back from Malta, I had the Pleasure of staying at the Soreda Hotel,
I found the hotel to be very clean great rooms very spacious , the food was very good a very varied selection, the restaurant staff lead by their Manager Sharon and her Supervisors Andrea and Doris, was a tribute to them very clean, efficient and helpfull, Coming from a hotel background I was very impressed ,
The comment by " cornycol " I found to be very harsh, Yes the local people do have a dinner on Saturday nights but this is a all year thing so if you can't get your dinner by 8 pm once a week thats a pity ,
I found the hotel well situated with a bus stop outside the hotel and a short walk would take you to the main bus station and the town, a couple of minutes and you were on the coast line where you could also get a bus to the centre Valletta.
All in all I was very happy with the hotel and it's location I would be very happy to go back there
again.
The only thing that I didn't like was that infernal high winds but that was down to the nature of the Island .
Keep the bed warm I'll be back ,

Room Tip: There were some renovations going on but the did not affect me, I was in rm 222 great room very spac...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Lowestoft, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

We were at soreda hotel 2 weeks ago,We had never been before so we didnt know
what to expect, but we were very impressed with how big rooms were &how clean they were.
Food very good with friendly staff ,The only thing i would say if you wanted to watch enterainment
you had to get there early,if you didnt all seats were gone.We will be going back again.
We were on 2nd floor i think we were right above music it was a bit loud,although it finished
at 11.00pm (the only reason i said about music was my husband was ill one night and had
to go a bed early)

Room Tip: Try to get higher floor where you shouldnt hear music
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

just come back from the soreda had a great stay food is very good the restraint beautifully clean the staff helpful and friendly the rooms are quite big and clean bathroom was clean( the slight brown tint to the water in the baths is not the hotels fault its all over the island due to desalination of water from seawater its perfectly safe to bath in, just use bottled for drinking) there is tea coffee &kettle in the rooms and a nice flat screen tv our bed was comfey they have done their best the rest of the holiday is up to you have a great time. and in the words of arnie ILE BE BACK.

Room Tip: the top rooms are near the rooftop pool wich is very nice
Clevedon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

Followed Trip Advisor and booked this hotel.My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay.The cleanliness,quality of food and exceptional friendliness of staff was second to none.We would highly recommend and we will certainly go back.

Room Tip: If possible book room above swimming pool on 3rd or 4th floor
Lincolnshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

This is my 2nd time here in Soreda . First time was not too sure about the hotel. But now I have stayed at the Bella vista last year I absolutely hated it. It certainly was not for me. Then 24th of December last year arrive to stay at The Porto Azzurro hotel at the very end of St Pauls Bay. Well the Porto Azzorro Hotel is in the middle of nowhere. The food was always cold. The staff were not friendly and waitresses couldn't understand English. Well after a week I moved here to the Soreda . At least I knew there would be good food. Although on occasions some of the food can be a bit cold. There is always plenty of variety and always going to be something to suit everybody. I am a fussy eater but have always found a decent meal. Well extremely clean room and very dedicated cleaners. Have been in my room a few times but the floor appears to be cleaned every day even if it does not need to be cleaned. Well done to the cleaners. Receptionists do a very good job. Waitresses and chefs etc all very polite and helpful and friendly team.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Been to Soreda Hotel? Share your experiences!