“it is a nice hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Soreda Hotel

Save Saved
You added Soreda Hotel to your Saves list
Soreda Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Andrew Cunningham Street, Qawra, Island of Malta SPB 08, Malta   |
Ranked #3 of 16 hotels in Qawra
Barlad, Romania
“it is a nice hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We stay here in a Easter holiday. The hotel is not so big, but is clean and nice. The reception is small and I did not like the staff . They were rude and not so fast. The rooms a bright and big, but the balcony was small and dirty. The restaurant was fine and the food was ok, many vegetables and fruits, and enought dishes to choose. I dont like the bar, was small and old, I dont like the enterteiment, but I love the piano hall. Not so close to the beatch. But the price was very good and normal for the conditions. Nice hotel,but not a 4 stars, in my opinion.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends

935 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Romford, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

my family and friends all stay here for 5 nights before our Cruise , we found everybody very efficient and friendly , room were roomy and clean , the food was excellent and had a good choice everyday, even the entertainment was good , and that was every night , so all in all we had an excellent stay and would recommend the Soreda to anybody thats going to Malta.

Room Tip: Try to get 4th floor front facing , you will get a Sea view
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
lincs uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

arrived late checked in efficently and was also greeted by the manager who said if we had any problems to go and see him, we were shown to our third floor room by the night porterand were pleasantly surprised ,complimentary wine and water ,comfy beds ,soft white towels we were impressed .The room was cleaned and towels changed everyday,our room overlooked the street at the front of the hotel we didnt find it noisey at all .The breakfast was varied and presented well i didnt like the coffee but could always find something suitable(prunes and yoghurt),Evening meals were again varied i always found the carvery very good but some food did taste a little bland,service was good and swift.Its fair to say this hotel could do with some updating and room allocation is a bit of a lottery but we thought it was great value compared to self catering.

Room Tip: we upgraded from a studio it was worth it
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Colchester Essex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

This was my third visit to the Soreda and first time as a single traveller. I arrived in Malta end of October for a one week visit. I was greeted yet again with a cheery smile. I had a very large room with two balconies, one over looking the courtyard pool and the other a side street.
The cleaners do a great job keeping the hotel clean and also your room. Clean towels are provided every day.
The food in the hotel is plentiful and something available to suit all pallettes. Available each evening was a choice of soup, meat, fish, pasta,salads and vegetables, also various cakes, cheese and biscuits and fruit.
The bar staff are very polite and hardworking and I must mention my absolute favourite Claude who puts a smile on my face every time I see him :)
The bus is a must for travellers, 12 Euros for a seven day ticket. With your ticket you can explore the Island to your hearts content and feel safe at all times, even as a solo traveller.
I will be back visiting Malta again next year hopefully, and I shall stay at The Soreda again.
If you have the opportunity to visit Malta you will not be disappointed, the Maltesese are very friendly and welcoming and the Island is lovely.
The Soreda may not be everyones cup of tea but it is mine.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We had a week's all inclusive at the end of October. We (2 adults and a teenager) found the hotel to be clean and quiet. If you are looking for pie and chips, and want to get drunk while the kids cause havoc, then this is not the place for you. We believe a holiday is what you make of it and we had a good time, but feel that this hotel is more suitable for older people. There was a good choice of food, but maltese rather than english (one night of the week was maltese menu only, ) and not a lot of traditional english kids food. Chips were every other night, although there was pasta every night. The soups sounded a bit off-putting, such as cabbage and bacon, but were actually delicious, so give them a try.
The rooms were very clean. We were in 311 A and B, a 2 bed apartment as we booked an extra room for our teenager. It was at the front of the hotel, was enormous. It had 2 bathrooms and a lounge with a full size fridge. It was a bit noisy in the morning, but it is not a main road so just local traffic and coaches. The rooms were cleaned daily and the beds changed once during the week that we stayed.
Ask at Reception for the shortcut to Buggiba bus terminal. Its about a 10 min walk and you can get a bus to most places from here. The tour buses are good value. For 15 euros each, you get a 3 hour tour of the north or south of the island and a free boat tour of 1 and a half hours is included.
The hotel has aspects of being a 4 star, such as requesting long trousers be worn in the restaurant at night, and waiter service for evening drinks in the restaurant, but on the whole is more 3 to 3 and a half stars.
The evening entertainment is basic but good (Elvis lives!) There are 3 bars, but from Nov 1st the roof bar is closed, which is a bit of a pain. Also as the roof bar is the afternoon snack bar, after 1st Nov if you miss lunch the only snack available is a pre-packed sandwich. If you order a takout lunch you get 2 sandwiches, 1 bottle of water and 1 apple.
The hotel decor makes it look dark, but we enjoyed our stay and would go again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
coventry
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

This Hotel's biggest flaw is that it is in the wrong place.. If your walking isn't great I would say think twice before going..Malta is hilly, and its easier to walk on the road than the pavement, as they are very uneven. Its a good 10 to 15 mins walk to the bus station, or the seafront. Down or uphill whichever way you are going. There ia a bus passes the hotel one way, every hour, but I'm told not for much longer. The hotel itself is very nice and spotlessly clean, but I found it dark, being in a built up area. It is a selfservice restaurant, and with plenty of choice, and there is a singer in the bar at night, and a piano player twice a week in the lounge, this has about 14 seats so not many can stay here..My holiday ended sadly with my shuttle not turning up at 5.30am for my 8.30 flight, and I had to pay 25 euros for a taxi, so am now trying to get that back, plus the 12 euros I paid for the shuttle. My rep Joseph assured me it would be there, but didn't answer his phone when it didn't....

Room Tip: I was on the ground floor, and think the higher rooms might be quieter, as I could here some noise d...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Droitwich
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Returned 2nd November after weeks all inclusive. The hotel is a little dated and as such probably less than the four star claimed. but is immaculately clean throughout and the staff keep it that way all day. The food was very good plenty of choice and snacks available all day. The staff, despite some reviews; were all pleasant and attentive (perhaps it depends on being the same oneself) the location is back from the seafront and has an uphill approach which older/infirm guests may find challenging. I have no hesitation in recommending the hotel and will certainly return in the future

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Soreda Hotel? Share your experiences!