Just back from 10 days in this Hotel, the staff were very friendly and the maid kept my room perfectly clean. I went B&B and only had breakfast on 3 days. The bacon was horrible at least 80% fat and swimming in oil the orange juice was diluted, and the white bread went thru the toaster and came out white. The air conditioning in my room did not work, and was noisey someone was sent to fix it and i saw him climb up to have a look, all he did was jam the fan with a piece off cardboard to stop the noise, there was a ceiling fan which helped. Fridge did not work and this was replaced promptly, i had twin beds pushed together which because off the way i have to sleep was uncomfortable, so they very kindly changed the bed to a very large double. I have been spoilt a bit as for 4 years i went to 4 star hotels in Tunisia, and this one could not compete, you had to pay for tea making in your room, and the place was a bit tired looking, i paid £865 for my 10 days as i was a single traveller. My room was quite large had a TV (old fashioned type) and the maid kept it very clean.
As for the pool area i went there 2 days, the sunbeds are so close together you are like sardines, and in future i will be looking for a hotel without an animation team, why they have to be there from 10 and when they take a break they leave the music on, many people there were over 50 so it would have been nice to have soom 70s or 80s music played. The drinks were expensive i enjoyed sitting out on the terrace beside the road having the odd pint, but there was no waiter service and the pints were expensive. i went to Alecs bar or the Red Lion far cheaper. All in all i had a good time i enjoyed Malta and will maybe go back next year and bring my wife. i do not think i would use this hotel again unless i read that they have sorted the AC and the food has greatly improved. But a big thank you to the staff for being so friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Seashells Resort at Suncrest has been a leading 4 star hotel on the Maltese Islands since its very first days and has kept its tradition of hospitality within the AX group throughout the years. We decided that it was time to give the hotel a face-lift so during the winter months the hotel will be going through an extensive renovation programme with its doors re-opening on the 1st of April 2015. The property is conveniently located on the Salina to St Paul's Bay Promenade, merely a few minutes' walk away from the National Aquarium. Right opposite the hotel entrance guests can also find a very handy bus stop. Take a left outside of the hotel and you will immediately start walking towards all the hustle and bustle of Bugibba and Qawra, the main tourist hub on the island. Take a right and you'll be heading out on to the coast road for a 20 minute drive to St Julian's to enjoy the most popular night life spot in Malta. The hotel is located on the seafront for fantastic views of the Mediterranean and the best sunrise anyone could hope to wake up to. Guests can enjoy a sea water pool and pool bar (weather permitting) enabling them to experience a truly Mediterranean holiday. For the younger audience a kid's pool, fun boat and slide promise fun, activity and excitement. The Carisma Spa and Turkish bath (Hammam) will continue to pamper guests in a more intimate and relaxed atmosphere. Get ready for the new face of the Seashells Resort at Suncrest, your number one resort for individual, corporate and family travel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, HostelBookers, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Seashells Resort at Suncrest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seashells Resort At Suncrest Hotel Qawra
- Suncrest Hotel Qawra
- Seashells Resort At Suncrest Malta/Qawra