“Il Palazzin Hotel - it's okay...but no palace!!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Il Palazzin Hotel

You added Il Palazzin Hotel to your Saves list
Il Palazzin Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   R Loria Street | near St. Pauls Bay, Qawra, Island of Malta SPB 08, Malta   |
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Qawra
London, England, United Kingdom
“Il Palazzin Hotel - it's okay...but no palace!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

I have just come back from spending a week here.
It's basic, you basically get what you pay for. But I don't mean it in a negative way, although I've awarded it only 3 stars...I would stay here again.
The room was basic, but clean. The mattresses in my room were new, thick, and hard so I found it difficult to sleep on, however my friend slept very well. I also didn't like how there was only one flat sheet, no matteress protection, or lining or fitted sheets, so often I'd wake through the night to pull the sheets down so I wasn't touching the matteress!!! I mean they did seem new, but still you never know who slept on it before you and what they did!!!

The hotel was quiet, I very rarely heard any noises from other guests.

Cleaners came daily and made your bed and changed your towels.
I chose Bed & Breakfast, but I did get bored of it after day 2. It's mostly continental with your cereals/meusli, yogurt, fresh fruit, cold meats etc. Every day you only got turkey sausages, beans, and eggs (boiled on day 1 and scambled on day 2, then boiled, then scrambled....) that was their hot foods (apart from the usual breads)
Lots of choices for restaurants nearby for alternatives.
Staff here were lovely, helpful, polite and friendly.
You need to ask for an iron or kettle and they'll lend it to you for the week, no problem.
The gym, from what I saw, was a cross trainer on the top floor! They have an indoor pool on the 6th floor and a plain rooftop with a few sunloungers. But it's too hot to stay on the roof in the summer.

Within walking distance to bus station, we caught the bus to Valetta easily (and it's so beautiful there).

It's very close to Bugibba, but far enough not to be disturbed by the other tourists.
Salina bay is really close by, so you can go for a paddle/swim in the sea if you find the pool here too small. Between 11am and 2pm we tended to do this as the sun hid behind the building then. However, the pool wasn't crowded ever, and I didn't experience screaming kids or annoying families.

Lots of tour companies in Bugibba (and on your walk from the hotel to there), we did a day out to Gozo, hidden treasures...I loved Gozo

yes I would recommend it to my friends-if they are on a budget.

Room Tip: My room was inwards, facing the pool. It was fine. Avoid being coersed/invited to the Club Salina B...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Folkestone
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

We arrived very late but the service was good and we went straight up to our rooms which were clean and quiet. The beds were harder than we were used to but using the counterpane helped considerably. The restaurant was larger than we thought and the selection very good. All the staff were helpful and if you needed advise on where to go and how to get there they were clear and concise. The swimming pool was just right and we never experienced overcrowding. All in all we had a good time and would certainly recommend this hotel for a quiet place to stay but very near to entertainment if wanted.

Room Tip: we faced the pool and were never bothered by noise
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Essen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

From the day of my arrival until the end of my staythe hotel the staff were more than friendly and trying to please my wishes. The room was very clean and quiet. Really nothing to complain about. The mattress is rather on the hard side.
The breakfast buffet is plentiful and enough for me.
The manager Simon, the receptionist Rosalyn and James from the restaurant were exceptionally friendly and efficient. I felt like a friend rather than a guest.

Room Tip: The poolside rooms are in the shade and quiet.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Dundalk, Louth, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

hotel was great staff very friendly nothing to much trouble especially simon rooms big with large balcony breakfast good pool area quiet with fab swimming pool and not to packed you can enjoy the pool would recommend this hotel to anyone who is going to maltal

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

very good value for money. Stayed for two weeks bed and breakfast. The staff were all helpful and friendly and the hotel was clean. Breakfast was buffet with all you could want with plenty of choice
our only criticism would be the pool area, although kept clean and plenty of sunbeds the cushions wre in short supply and very tatty and only one umbrella!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Katowice, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Though it is not easy to find the hotel it is worth taking a while to finally reach this destination. Very helpful staff and clean rooms. They are really huge and modern with a nice view. I recommend breakfast as well, fresh and plenty to choose from. The hotel is not in the city centre so you can really relax after the whole day sightseeing.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Cardiff
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

We had a fabulous week in this lovely clean, friendly hotel where nothing was too much trouble for the busy staff. (There was some sort of big sporting event on the same week we were there).

The location is good if you want a quieter holiday that is still within walking distance of clubs and bars. Bus terminus is only about 10 minutes walk . 12 euros (for one adult) bought us a bus ticket that lasted all day to any destination on as many buses as we needed.

We were very glad of the air-con in our rooms as the temperatures were unusually hot !

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Il Palazzin Hotel? Share your experiences!