“Gutted we didn't stop here before!!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 75 Restaurants in Qawra
Cuisines: Continental, Café
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Description: The Incognito first opened its doors to patrons in 1974. The name Incognito as it suggests 'unknown' derives from the fact that qawra was almost in existent at the time .the rest is history, all Malta knows Incognito's ! The venue consists of two main areas, the restaurant and terrace and the lounge bar with large open air terraces. Offering great meals from €10 and cocktails and drinks. The seperate lounge bar offers live music and entertainment daily.
“Gutted we didn't stop here before!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

I have visited Malta 5 times now and passed this restaurant on many occasions saying I really have to eat there as the menu looks great so this year my family and I did just that.

What fabulous service by very friendly staff!

The starter so simple but beautiful "smoked salmon cornets", these have to be tried! Followed by the best steak I have ever had. Perfectly cooked; Medium Rare, couldn't fault a thing so of course we had to go back to make up for all the years we missed out.

There were little extras, at no cost, presented to us from a lovely aperitif to profiteroles. Delicious!

We must have mentioned at some point that myself and my twin sister were turning 25 before our next visit to Incognito as after another faultless meal we were presented with a delicious Birthday Cake, candles and all. It was a perfect last meal of our holiday!

The staff were attentive and could not have done more to make both meals special!

If you visit Malta this is a 'must visit' or you will regret it like I have the previous 4 visits!

Bournemouth, England, United Kingdom
“Lovely meal -friendly staff!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We have just had a lovely meal at the Incognito. Warm bread and garlic bread brought to the table before the meal (free) Set menu E12.50 - scampi was really tasty so was the spaghetti. To top it all, creme caramel (my fav) was a choice as well as ice cream. Then the angels' kiss topped off a lovely meal (free!!) served by friendly but not pushy staff. Would definitely go back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Newmarket, United Kingdom
“Surprising find...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Have been coming to Malta for a few years and always venture a distance from the flat in the belief that the further I walk, and more uncomfortable I get, the better the restaurant will be! Well having exhausted all the average restaurants at the end of flip-flop range decided to drop-in to Incognito last night. Big 'd'oh' moment of realisation that 'food'n'value' greatness was on our doorstep. We mainly ordered (6 of us) from the 'set menu' @ €12.50 accompanied by a local white @ €8.00. Stunning! Seafood salad had lots of..seafood & chicken in mushroom was both monstrous & delicious! But that is not why Michael & his team deserve a trip-advisor review - that belongs to 'going the extra mile'. And do they? Free artisan Maltese bread with drinks, nice touch but not so unusual. Then free garlic bread (the future!) - OK, that is different. Just gets better. 3rd bottle of wine gratis! Then free water melon to cleanse the pallet! The nice touches just go on. Then free profiteroles! The team were all very engaging and friendly, the whole evening a joy. Paying the modest bill for all that - no problem!!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Not worth the price that is charged.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

I went to this restaurant on the basis of Trip Advisor ratings. I read through the menu and picked a meal out. I was served up a tasteless rock hard bit deep fried chicken (which required a steak knife to cut through) and was priced at €16.50. I ordered their baked potatoes and vegetables from the menu which were an extra cost (I feel this should come with the €16.50 worth of deep fried chicken Cordon Bleu free of charge) and received a bowl of CHIPS (which also looked fried) and greasy vegetables. The service was good. The staff were quite pleasant but the atmosphere was not a good one for me personally. For the price that you pay for the meal I really do not think it was even close to satisfactory.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Bedford, United Kingdom
“1st class service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

This is the second time we have been to Malta, we found this wonderful restaurant the first time, we ate there 7 times out of our 10 day stay, this time we ate 5 out of 7 nights, it was my husbands birthday and our 30th wedding anniversary, Michael and his wonderful staff made both evenings very special, suppling beautiful meals and free cake. I have never been to a restaurant where the staff are so kind and attentive, every evening was the same, Thank you Michael for making our holiday so special, we will be seeing you again.