We have never ever stayed in such a dirty place! The room was very basic and it was ok for the price we have paid, however:
- shower was in really bad condition, it was actually dirty, black dirt all over,
- dirt around sink plug,
- air vent was full of black dust, looked like it was never cleaned before!
- very old bed mattress, on the top of that no protector so we could feel springs, sleepless nights!
- TV had only four channels and none of them worked properly,
- there was a sofa on the corridor, really wondering what was the purpose of placing a full of stains furniture in the public area?
- housekeeping uses very dirty and stinky clothes to "clean" rooms, we have noticed this few times (they could at least not display them on the corridor so all the guests passing by housekeeping trolley could see and smell them)
- the worst thing about this place was definitely breakfast and all the staff working there. I cannot express how disappointed we were with the "cleanliness" in breakfast area. I was shocked! not only lots H&S issues (e.g.hot food was displayed in very hot metal containers constantly warmed, with piece of cloth, looked like pillowcase, wrapped around handle to avoid burning hands, but wrapped in the way so we could not catch it and hold it so I ended up with burned hand anyway). Plates with ham and cheese were placed on the foil, which was not changed for 7 days and very often food was falling from plates on dirty foil. Breakfast items were not always available, if we came in the morning we had a chance to have a bread and cheese, and maybe ham, but after 8am- only if you are lucky. Limited tea spoons, coffee machine not only very old, but what was worst- very, very dirty! Tables were sticky! Floor disgusting, not mopped for at least few days. And to put cherry on top- breakfast staff! Every time we asked for tea spoon or fork we were shown with hand, not even asked, to wait for few minutes, given item with no apology or simple "sorry" or even smile. Unacceptable. We felt very unwelcome!
-Electricity went down twice on our floor, ok it can happen anywhere and it wouldn't be a problem if not the fact that when we mentioned about it to receptionist- again no apology or sorry but "it is fixed now, it was one of the guests fault", hmmm… customer service training required.
- The were only two staff members, two male receptionists who were very helpful with directions, all the rest was useless, literally.
- The hotel is located on very noisy street, with lots of pubs around, no chance to sleep till at least 3am.
We will never ever stay there again. Paying less it's one thing, but lack of cleanliness and friendly staff will not make your holiday better, think twice before choosing Primera Hotel.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Primera Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Primera Hotel St Pauls Bay
- Primera Hotel Malta