Every point I will raise here is something which has been raised at the hotel and not dealt with effectively both in person and on their customer complaint form.
Our room a "superior" is far from this!! The fan was hanging from its wires, the balcony steps were eroding and dangerous, the bathroom was mouldy and the toilet seat very stained - not hygienic at all. The celling tiles by the door were falling down. The walls were very stained, appeared that coffee had been spilt and not cleaned. The curtains were hanging from the rail and the fridge was broken and again full if mould.
We reported these issues to reception to which we were met with resistance and told to go back to the room and wait for the head housekeeper. Once she arrived we again pointed out our concerns to which she answered "what is your problem? You get what you pay for" now 1) she doesn't know how much we pay 2) this is so rude! Regardless of the cost we are her customers and are paying for at least a safe room to stay in!
After a long discussion about the room and many sarcastic and insulting remarks she finally showed us an alternative room. Again this room is far from a "superior" room but had less maintenance issues so we moved.
Dinner - well what can I say, it's served from 17.45 until 20.00 however if you arrive any time after 18.30 you will find the staff clearing down to reset for breakfast and only scrapings left. I have allergies so kindly asked if there was an alternative dessert to be informed I could have ice cream but only on three days therefore the rest of the stay there was nothing I could have for dessert. I do not think its unreasonable to offer ice cream!!!!
Over next few days our room was swarmed with ants (not something I expect in a room where no food or beverage is served) so we kindly asked if someone could put down some powder and mop the floor. Two days later this issue is still ongoing and again we are faced with sarcasm and rudeness from the staff. Getting fed up of this we asked to speak to the manager - a lady with her bag and coat clearly on the way home came out and was far from interested in hearing us out and just gave us a key to a new room and told us to move - half way through a holiday the last thing anyone wants to do is move rooms!!! The first room she offered us was even smaller than our room and there was literally two steps for the balcony over looking the boiler. She then offered us another room which was the same as our room so begrudgingly we packed our bags and moved again!!!!! All we wanted was our room to be cleaned and some powder put down.
1) no bacon with breakfast - what a joke! You can offer it from snack bar but not at breakfast!
2) there is a ridiculous amount of flies in the restaurant due to there being a bin and a clearing trolley in the restaurant this is unhygienic and not necessary!
3) in our third room the tv didn't work so we waited for ages for someone to come sort it out by replacing the ariel, again he seemed in a hurry and left the old ariel for us to dispose of and we had to tune in our own tv
I would not advise this hotel for anyone looking for a safe and relaxed holiday.
On a plus side Malta is beautiful and I would suggest this country for all types of holiday. There is a lot to see and experience across the country and the islands. And plenty of easy transport including unlimited bus day ticket for 2.60€.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A modern newly built four star hotel with 157 rooms. All rooms are well appointed with balcony, bathroom en-suite and most rooms have picturesque country views and pool views. Room facilities include Air Conditioning, Central heating, Satellite TV, Radio, Ceiling Fan, Hair Drier, Direct Dialing Telephone,(the following at a charge) Safe, Frigo Bar and Tea & Coffee making facilities. The Highlands Restaurant serves an exciting choice of Mediterranean cuisine. Our Outdoor Swimming pool is serviced from the Pool Bar while the Roof Top Terrace having a swim spa with bar facilities during the summer period. The Mondrian café serves snacks throughout the day. Live music, 6 times weekly, is held at D` Tate Lounge Bar. The Hotel is also equipped with 3 conference rooms, Indoor Pool, Gym, Sauna, Jacuzzi, Massage Service, Internet Café, free business Internet access (Wi-Fi) and Games Room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Otel, Despegar.com, HostelBookers and Venere so you can book your Bella Vista Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bella Vista Hotel Malta
- Bella Vista Qawra
- Hotel Bella Vista Malta