We booked with Thomas Cook as a Package and had looked at the reviews first they were good and bad so as the hotel was in the area we wanted to stay in we booked .
On arrival check in was very efficient although our rooms were not avaiable at that time (11am) we were told we could leave our luggage in the lobby and they would be taken to our rooms .
when we saw our rooms we were very pleased they were very spacious had tea and coffee making facilities lovely and clean and wonderful views over the pool looking out to sea and St Pauls bay .
The main resturant is very well managed evening meal had soup (choice of two every night ) salad pasta meat choices to suit everyone and vegetables . Deserts to die for about six choices as well as cheese and biscuits .
The breakfast choice was equally as good Fruit juice tea coffee cereals and fruit , also bacon sausage eggs (fried boiled and scrambled ) potatoes beans tomatoes the list goes on , and it is all buffet so you can have as much as you can eat .
The staff on reception was very helpful and courteous at all times as was all the hotel staff .
They have a nice coffee shop overlooking one of the outdoor pools which serve snacks and wonderful coffee at very reasonable prices which is a bonus as most hotels overcharge .
To anyone thinking of booking the Dolmen Resort Hotel dont hesitate as it is one of the nicest hotels we have stayed in .
Malta is lovely too and it was our first time , the people are very friendly .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful located at the waters edge, the 4 star hotel boasts 375 guest rooms and 38 highly finished superior rooms and suites with panoramic views of the Mediterranean Sea and St. Paul’s Islands. All bedrooms and suites are fully air-conditioned, centrally, heated and have their own private bathroom, safe deposit box, satellite TV, direct dial telephone, radio, mini-bar and hair dryers. The majority of the rooms have a balcony or terrace.The hotel’s general facilities include a Conferece Centre, Casino, an A La Carte Restaurant, Buffet Restaurant, Piano Cocktails Bar, Wine Bar, Cafeteria, Swim-Up Bar, Night Club and Caribbean Style Beach Club offering a variety of water-sports, a Diving Centre, Bars and Restaurant.Four outdoor swimming pools are located within the hotel together with one dedicated for children. The newly designed Spa incorporates state of the art Therapy rooms with the latest equipment as well as a Fitness Room, Indoor Pool with hydro massage and sauna. Within the hotel’s garden two tennis courts are available.Animation Activities are provided on a daily basis together with a kids club during the summer months. A regular entertainment is held during the evenings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Despegar.com, HostelBookers, Hotels.com, HostelWorld and Priceline so you can book your Dolmen Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dolmen Hotel St. Paul`s Bay
- Dolmen Hotel St Pauls Bay
- Dolmen Hotel Malta
- Dolmen Resort Hotel Malta