Got to hotel on 2nd April. Like most writing a review we waited til 2pm for room after we arrived at 11am. We got a free upgrade which was nice. The room was lovely with everything we wanted and expected... Until....
After a couple of days it suddenly got an infestation of ants. I asked to change rooms and after lengthy debates they agreed as apparently the ants "weren't that bad" according to the cleaner Zara. The duty manager agreed to swap rooms. We were downgraded to a room that did not have a working plug or a working remote for the 10 year old television. I told the reception about it and they did nothing about either thing.
By this point we only had 2 nights left so we just could not be bothered to waste time trying to beg the staff to sort our issues out. They did however give us a complimentary late check out on the last day which was nice.
Overall I would have said good but because of the ants and uninterested staff I would say this hotel is average and over priced. The rooms do not look like the pictures and half of the bars (advertised) on their site were closed and was a shame as that was part of the reason we chose dolmen.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful located at the waters edge, the 4 star hotel boasts 375 guest rooms and 38 highly finished superior rooms and suites with panoramic views of the Mediterranean Sea and St. Paul’s Islands. All bedrooms and suites are fully air-conditioned, centrally, heated and have their own private bathroom, safe deposit box, satellite TV, direct dial telephone, radio, mini-bar and hair dryers. The majority of the rooms have a balcony or terrace.The hotel’s general facilities include a Conferece Centre, Casino, an A La Carte Restaurant, Buffet Restaurant, Piano Cocktails Bar, Wine Bar, Cafeteria, Swim-Up Bar, Night Club and Caribbean Style Beach Club offering a variety of water-sports, a Diving Centre, Bars and Restaurant.Four outdoor swimming pools are located within the hotel together with one dedicated for children. The newly designed Spa incorporates state of the art Therapy rooms with the latest equipment as well as a Fitness Room, Indoor Pool with hydro massage and sauna. Within the hotel’s garden two tennis courts are available.Animation Activities are provided on a daily basis together with a kids club during the summer months. A regular entertainment is held during the evenings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Despegar.com, HostelBookers, Priceline, HostelWorld and Hotels.com so you can book your Dolmen Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dolmen Hotel St. Paul`s Bay
- Dolmen Hotel St Pauls Bay
- Dolmen Hotel Malta
- Dolmen Resort Hotel Malta