I was looking forward to my all inclusive relaxing beach holiday, but was dissapointed
Hotel with its own raised beach it was described as......NOT.... a patch of concrete & clay waste land looked like the diggers had scrapped it all up. The travel agents never mentioned this.
All Inclusive ......NOT..... Again I felt it was mi-sold. The only restuarant all inclusive guests can use is the main one and not all the other restaurants mentioned in the brochure. We were told all drinks included, yet again.... not the case ......fresh orange we had to pay for.!!! Ice cream you have to pay for.
The only thing that is all inclusive in the other bars & grills is your drinks....All food is chargable...BUT...if you are all inclusive they will take five Euros per person off the price of the meal.. The mini bar provided in the room.......you pay extra for if you, as its not included in the all inclusive.
Food was ok, not a great choice throughout the week, but the sunday lunches made up for it,obviously everyone else thought that as sunday was full of guests and locals alike.
I always holiday on an all inclusive basis in resorts throughout the world, but this one I will not be going to again.
more suited to elderly
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful located at the waters edge, the 4 star hotel boasts 375 guest rooms and 38 highly finished superior rooms and suites with panoramic views of the Mediterranean Sea and St. Paul’s Islands. All bedrooms and suites are fully air-conditioned, centrally, heated and have their own private bathroom, safe deposit box, satellite TV, direct dial telephone, radio, mini-bar and hair dryers. The majority of the rooms have a balcony or terrace.The hotel’s general facilities include a Conferece Centre, Casino, an A La Carte Restaurant, Buffet Restaurant, Piano Cocktails Bar, Wine Bar, Cafeteria, Swim-Up Bar, Night Club and Caribbean Style Beach Club offering a variety of water-sports, a Diving Centre, Bars and Restaurant.Four outdoor swimming pools are located within the hotel together with one dedicated for children. The newly designed Spa incorporates state of the art Therapy rooms with the latest equipment as well as a Fitness Room, Indoor Pool with hydro massage and sauna. Within the hotel’s garden two tennis courts are available.Animation Activities are provided on a daily basis together with a kids club during the summer months. A regular entertainment is held during the evenings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia, Priceline, HostelBookers, HostelWorld, Otel and Venere so you can book your Dolmen Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dolmen Hotel St. Paul`s Bay
- Dolmen Hotel St Pauls Bay
- Dolmen Hotel Malta
- Dolmen Resort Hotel Malta