We exchanged in to this resort via Interval International. Stayed in apartment D286. Resort location is very good. It is close to the sea, shops and restaurants of Bugibba all of which were reasonable on value and quality. The Dolmen is supposed to be 4 star but I would say this is based on facilities and not quality. Exterior is very weathered and really needs painting. Reception area is large, clean and smart. Very nice but the deeper you go in to the hotel so the quality drops very fast.
Our home resort is in Florida and sets the standard by which we rate everything. First impressions of the apartment were not good. It looks like it has never been decorated or refurbished. Lounge area had the same bench type furniture you found in caravans in the 1980's and the kitchen area cupboards were very tired. Kettle and toaster supplied looked well past their use by dates but worked. In contrast the bathroom was excellent. Clean, good quality fittings spoilt only by the tiniest shower cubicle. Bed was large and comfortable but the bedroom has a large bath in the corner and the room above obviously has / had a water leak as plaster was hanging down and badly stained. Nice balcony and sea view. This area of the hotel appeared deserted and was very quiet.
Pool area we used was pleasant. Pool was clean and water clear. Swim up bar with friendly staff and reasonable priced drinks. Plenty of sun beds to go round.
Hotel has lots of bars and restaurants. We only used Batubulan which offers great beachfront location and good quality and value. Service is slow though and not very attentive. We gave up trying to get another drink and a dessert.
In conclusion this place could be great; a lick of paint, update the fixtures and it would live up to it's 4 stars. It has a great location and we heard it was due a refurb this winter. If it does get one then I recommend it. If it does not i would only go back for a really cheap deal as it is well past it's best in current state.
- Also Known As:
- Dolmen Hotel St. Paul`s Bay
- Dolmen Hotel
- Dolmen Hotel St Pauls Bay
- Dolmen Hotel Malta
- Dolmen Resort Hotel Malta
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful located at the waters edge, the 4 star hotel boasts 375 guest rooms and 38 highly finished superior rooms and suites with panoramic views of the Mediterranean Sea and St. Paul’s Islands. All bedrooms and suites are fully air-conditioned, centrally, heated and have their own private bathroom, safe deposit box, satellite TV, direct dial telephone, radio, mini-bar and hair dryers. The majority of the rooms have a balcony or terrace.The hotel’s general facilities include a Conferece Centre, Casino, an A La Carte Restaurant, Buffet Restaurant, Piano Cocktails Bar, Wine Bar, Cafeteria, Swim-Up Bar, Night Club and Caribbean Style Beach Club offering a variety of water-sports, a Diving Centre, Bars and Restaurant.Four outdoor swimming pools are located within the hotel together with one dedicated for children. The newly designed Spa incorporates state of the art Therapy rooms with the latest equipment as well as a Fitness Room, Indoor Pool with hydro massage and sauna. Within the hotel’s garden two tennis courts are available.Animation Activities are provided on a daily basis together with a kids club during the summer months. A regular entertainment is held during the evenings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Tingo, HostelWorld, Otel, HostelBookers, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Dolmen Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.