“Best place ever to learn scuba diving” 5 of 5 stars

(+356) 2756 7238
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Anchor Diving Malta is one of the main diving operators on Malta with many years of experience. Many divers return to us year after year and appreciate the special "Anchor diving atmosphere". We take immense pride in being able to provide great custom service for each and every one of our diving customers. A family owned and operated scuba diving center.Join us today for some great experience in crystal blue waters!
Gavle, Sweden
“Best place ever to learn scuba diving”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

I chose Anchor Diving in Malta to get my PADI Open Water certificate. I had never tried scuba diving before but I had absolutly no problem with the course. Fantastic staff with really good instructors that made it all easy and really, really fun. We got picked up at our hotel every morning and dropped off again when we were done for the day.

Everyone at Anchor Diving are really skilled, they know what they're talking about and can answer any questions you might have about diving. They also have great knowledge about Malta and all the dive sites around the island.

I couldn't really wish for a better place to learn diving and I'm definitly going back there for more diving.

I really recommend anyone interested in diving or diving courses to pay these guys a visit!

Visited June 2014

Bath
5 attraction reviews
“Anchor Diving - Sept 2013”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I wanted to build up my diving experience and chose Malta for being a reasonable short flight from my local UK airport, and warm in September. I enormously enjoyed a week's diving with Anchor. Peter and his team are super professional and know exactly what the client needs, and Malta is fascinating under the water, with lovely reefs and caves to swim through, plus many wrecks. There were a wide range of nationalities while I was there, which was nice, and we did shore and boat dives in small groups. Weather was sunny but not excessively hot, and the sea was a comfortable 28 degrees. If you had a non-diving partner they might perhaps find Bugibba (indeed Malta in general) lacking in sufficient diversion while on their own if they wanted more than to relax on the beach, but its easy to get around the island on the good bus service. But if its mostly diving you want then I think its an excellent choice - and I can thoroughly recommend Anchor; many thanks to Peter, Véronique and Conrad.

Visited September 2013
acunaja
“Great diving - Recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I went on a short trip to Malta early May and since I contacted them, they were willing to accommodate every request I had. They picked me up and dropped me as I requested at no extra charge. They gave me all the equipment I needed and they even lent us a diving camera, again at no charge!!!
The only thing I can tell you is that always keep in mind that the traffic is really bad in Malta, so 20 Km will take you almost 1 hour to get from the port to the diving site, as opposed to 30 minutes. But if you are in no rush, you have nothing to worry about

Visited May 2013
Warsaw, Poland
3 attraction reviews
“diving shop / center”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

excellent people, excellent hospitality. if U plan to dive interesting places in Malta or Gozo, Camino they are the best. Wrecks, caves, caverns all inclusive. Was there in June and November. July and August the humidity is to much for continental european people. Wish U all a good hliday with them.:)

Visited November 2012
Torquay, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
“Anchor Diving Malta - November 2012”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I chose Malta for a week of diving to keep in practice and to test out my new camera. Winter rates meant that the whole trip was about the same as a week of diving in the UK. An accompanied diving package meant it did not matter that I was travelling on my own this time.

I chose Anchor Diving Malta based in Bugibba/St Pauls Bay. Bugibba is a resort town with quite high proportion of retired Brits and other northern europeans. There was not a lot of culture. It is however on the main bus routes to the rest of the island.

Peter, Veronique and Giorgio looked after me very well. Everything was relaxed, friendly and safe. This was not the resort diving conveyor belt or the tin pot operation run for the benefit of the owner which I have experienced elsewhere.

I would recommend Anchor Diving Malta both for trained divers and would-be divers. If any of my family want to learn to dive I would happily point them towards Anchor.

Most diving on Malta/Gozo is shore diving. From my experience of the two places Malta seems to require much less hiking with diving gear. There is more emphasis on artificial reefs (ie purpose sunk ships) in Malta to provide interest. For increased variety and flexibility make sure you budget for boat dives and a day trip or two to Gozo (if available) particularly if you are doing more than 5 days or 10 dives.

Malta is still open in November (eg restaurants etc) but I am told September is a very good time to go. There is quite a lot to see in between dives. Malta is quite densely populated and full of resorts, hotels and apartments for rent. Gozo was much quieter at this time of year but I can imagine is less crowded in the summer.

I saw quite a lot of the island travelling to the dive sites. We did lose some dives to bad weather but you have to expect that at this time of year. The air temperature was very comfortable. The water temperature even at depth was fine (20-22ish) I was comfortable in a single layer semi-drysuit. Outside Valetta harbour visbility was good. Inside the harbour it was just like diving in Weymouth Harbour - just warmer.

Malta is not the red sea. There were more fish than I was expecting although anything longer than 30cm was a cause for celebration. Malta has no marine reserves. However it is mostly english speaking, drives on the correct side of the road and even has three pin plugs like here at home. It felt safe and stable. EU money is improving the facilities (and removing some of the exotic feel).

Malta and Gozo are very diving orientated. There are lots of diving operators and I was very pleased to have chosen Anchor Diving Malta

Visited November 2012