“Enjoyable 4 dives” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Sports Camps/ Clinics
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Welcome to Malta & Aquatica 5 Star Dive Centre, where dedication and professionalism come together to form a friendly environment that you can trust.Come join the adventure of diving in Malta and let us be your trusted guides to a memorable diving experience that you will never forget.Our service provides all divers with enjoyable, flexible and highly customised packages. With a fresh and friendly attitude we aim to ensure everyone enjoys a great day.OPEN ALL YEAR ROUND
Banbridge, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable 4 dives”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

Arrived on the islands with a ear infection and then developed a cold, however the team were very flexible in allowing me time and worked with me, resulting in my getting my planned 4 dives. Good team of guys and would use them again.

Visited November 2013

• Polish first
“Couldn't have been any better”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

Came to malta to dive and chose aquatica and don't think I could have chosen better if I tried. Reading the poor reviews people have left previous you can see these people don't really know what they are talking abou. Dive centre tried in every way to accommodate me with morning pick ups then half way through the week the island got smashed with terrible weather and I thought diving would be cancelled but the instructors worked over time to fun a dive sight safe enough to dive and in the end got three dives out tht day. I will be returning to this dive centre again. Cheers guys made my week

Visited November 2013
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Fantastic organisation!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

My husband and I have a combined total of over 500 dives in our log book from dive sites all over the world, and are Dive Master and Master Scuba Diver respectively. Aquatica rates right up there with our favourite dive organisers in all areas: safety, experienced dive leaders, excellent instruction and, above all, fun! We have 4 teenage children who all did their Discover Scuba Diving (Padi DSD) this week in Malta (last week of October, 2013). None of them had even really snorkelled before, but they were quickly put at their ease by John the instructor and had the good fortune to do all their skills tests in the sea in a shallow, safe dive spot off Cirkewwa in warm water. Needless to say, they LOVED it, and we did a couple of 12m dives as a family once they had done the course.

Daryl was excellent (anyone who complains about his asking for money up front should remember that he is a business man first and foremost, and runs an excellent establishment for divers that wouldn't be there if he let us all dive at cut prices!): courteous, prompt, friendly and amusing. He had a core of highly efficient and knowledgeable instructors, who were great to dive with.

Now that all 6 of us want to dive (the children want to do their Open Water as soon as possible!), I guess I shall need to start saving as it is not going to be cheap! I can't wait to return to Malta, and to Aquatica!

I thoroughly recommend Aquatica to new divers as well as to experienced divers - there are dives for everyone!

poole
“My second home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I emailed Daryl a couple of months before I flew to Malta. I wanted to do a few specialties, mixed with fun dives. As the discovered at Aquatica, I'm a diving junkie, and it became my Aquatica became my second home. Daryl and I exchanged a quiet a few emails, he always replied promptly.
I got an email the day I arrived in Malta, to check to see if I wanted to join a group going to Comino.
I arrived at Aquatica at 8, on the morning of my first dives and was kitted out by the lovely Elisabetha. Daryl was very welcoming as well, and said when I returned from Comino, we would discuss the dives I wanted to do in more detail. Daryl stuck to his word. I was with Simon's group. Simon was fantastic and looked after me and the group I was with really well. I can't believe what the previous review wrote. There is no way Simon would do this. All Daryl's instructors made sure all divers were out of the water.
On day 2 I was with John. John looked after us very well as well. This particular day, it was fairly rough, so we went to Valetta. Our first dive was on the Maori. The swell had picked up, from when we went down. He made sure all 4 of use got out safely, and was helping us to do so, so we wouldn't hurt ourselves on the rocks. For days 3 and 4, I was with Alex, doing my specials. Alex explained everything well, and looked after us well. Again Alex made sure we were safely out of the water. The rest of my dives with Aquatica were fun dives. Even though some dives you are with students, you don't feel you are tagging along. If you visit a wreck, the instructors won't let you penetrate it,unless you can prove you are wreck certified When they are with AOW students before they have done their deep dive, they never go below 18 metres, but if you are AOW certified or deep certified, they don't mind you dropping down a bit lower.
I wanted to do my cavern special. Daryl has a freelance instructor but unfortunately, the instructor was not available for the days I had left in Malta. As not to let me down, Daryl organized my cavern special with another dive school. All i had to do was turn up to the other dive school. Thank you again Daryl. I was asked to drop into the shop to say hello on the days, I was with the other dive centre.
All the staff made me feel very welcome. they are a great lot, and I will miss them. I plan to return to Malta, and I will use Aquatica again. I'd go back tomorrow if I could.

Kfar Saba, Israel
“i wouldnt stop by this place even if they will pay me.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I emailed to couple of diving schools in malta, as I wanted to try a “try Dive”.
And I’ve got a replay from Daryl from Aquatica diving center among other emails.
Daryl was nice and polite and it’s the reason I felt into this trap. I filled all the paperwork over the mail and provided my credit card number as we scheduled the diving try to 8:00 AM.
Day before I received an email that he would like to change it to 13:00, i refused to get stuck in the middle of the day and ruin my entire day (what can I do? I’m a tourist and I’m planning to travel around and have also other planes, isn’t it obvious as I mentioned it on the forms that I’m from another country? ) .
So by the end of the day I’ve got another email from Daryl that it will left on 8:00AM.
As I came to the center I filled all the paperwork, tried the equipment and paid for the try dive I notice other people that came for diving classes and did the same. As Simon the Dive instructor came and asked me in what time I need to be back? I answer him around 11:00-11:30AM (After all the try dive is 3 hours as they told me and it stated in their website). He told me: “I can’t pick you up before 14:00-14:30, I would leave you in the water its only 5 meters deep and I’ll come to pick you”.
As I heard it I understood that all I need to do is to tell them I can’t do it, get my money back and run for my life. As I did. Does it sound professional to you, to leave someone in the water for six hours all alone at his first dive ever?
Well one thing I can assure you, none of my close friends won’t even consider this place that’s for sure!

voyager1984, Manager at Aquatica, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Hello ADR77,

We start by stating that we (myself Daryl and the rest of the staff including poor Simon) are utterly astonished and in complete disbelief after reading this review.

Actually we had to go through it a few times to try and make sense of what was being said but we eventually understood what this review was referring to and the events of that morning.

One thing is for sure clear - There has been a misunderstanding of biblical proportions here.

The part where you mentioned about us requesting a change in time is correct. In fact we were asking you if it would be ok for you to postpone your session for the afternoon as we already had several divers in the morning a thought it just might be a better idea to have you in afternoon as it was a little calmer (better for you). You replied you could not do the afternoon so we dealt with the situation internally and eventually stuck with our original booking as requested.

As you mentioned in the review, we followed the usual procedure of filling in the required forms and finding the equipment needed. While we were checking your paper work we realised that you were actually flying out (leaving Malta by Plane) that same afternoon! and as we later got to know, you could not dive in the afternoon because you were in fact leaving Malta in the afternoon.......

Now as everyone (or maybe most people know) you cannot dive and fly out on the same day. You need to allow some time between (at least 12 hours for one dive) diving and flying.

That morning we have even explained this to you several times and now that we think back to that morning it seemed rather odd to us that even though you made it clear to us that you were actually catching a flight that same afternoon you kept on insisting and saying that this was ok and that you could not understand why we would not let you dive.

It seemed you could not grasp the concept that diving before flying is not safe for you. You even asked us if we were sure - it's like you would not believe us or something like that - which we thought was weird....

So now thinking back it seems more clear to us that you misunderstood the reasons for us cancelling the dive for you and also everything else that Simon, the instructor, told you.

Not even in a million years we would think of taking new divers down to 5 meters and in your own words "leave you in the water its only 5 meters deep and I’ll come to pick you”.

Even worse is the following statement you made "Does it sound professional to you, to leave someone in the water for six hours all alone at his first dive ever?"

I mean come on, are you serious?! :-)))

Even someone who knows nothing about diving would find it hard to believe that a dive centre or an instructor would think about doing something remotely similar to this.

You also mentioned, there were other divers in the dive centre with you for the same experience, and none of them understood anything like what you have just said.

Also you mentioned "As I heard it I understood that all I need to do is to tell them I can’t do it, get my money back and run for my life."

ACTUALLY, when it was clear that there was no way you could dive due to your flight that same day we immediately offered to refund the full amount of the dive - in fact you didn't even need to ask for it because i myself (Daryl) requested your card to refund you back the full amount right away.

Going back to that morning i remember that we even joked about it saying that we'll keep your equipment box together for next time you visit Malta....

We are 100% sure that you must have got confused. This is also clear from how the review has been written and all the absurd allegations listed.

It's a pity that after all our hard work in ensuring that you are kept safe and exposed to no danger, refunding you in full right away without any hesitation and taking it all with a laugh we end up given a "terrible" review when we did nothing wrong to deserve it.

It might just be possible that you can understand written better then spoken. So we hope that after reading our response you may finally realise that the entire event was a complete misunderstanding and maybe inform tripadvisor about this mistake.

In any case the above just as equally explains it all.

regards