“Absolutely wonderful” 5 of 5 stars

Description: www.tarragonmalta.com
Saint Julian's, Malta
“Absolutely wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

This is one of the top restaurants I have dined out recently. The atmosphere is very nice and romantic and the food was excellent. What impressed me most is the outstanding service they provide. I booked a table outside, but it was a bit chilly...even if the restaurant was almost full, they made the outmost to accommodate my request and instantly they provided me with a table ( for four, even if we were only two).
I highly recommend this restaurant to whoever want to have an excellent meal in a wonderful atmosphere.

• Polish first
Malta
“One of the most delicious meals I have every had in Malta!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We always opt to visit Tarragon on special occasions as we never leave disappointed! Every plate is full of creativity, flavour and cooked with love. If you want to be pampered with delicious food, Tarragon is definitely the place to go!

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“One of the Best Dining Experiences I've had ANYWHERE. True 5-stars”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I dine out alot, and have eaten in many "5-star" restaurants, and Tarragon is among the top of the top, and seriously one of the best restaurants I've ever been to. The food, the ambiance, the view, - and my favorite - the CHEF and his amazing knowledge of food.

THIS is the type of restaurant that other "5-star" restaurants should look up to. Anyone can pay for a great view of a harbor, or make their interior clean and sparkling. This is very easy to come by, and I can point you to 1000 restaurants that do this. And in the same token, almost anyone can buy 'fresh' ingredients. BUT, what makes a restaurant the top is having a great ambiance, fresh ingredient and top quality food but also a chef and staff that understand the artistry of how the food works together to create extraordinary tastes.

Marvin is a true chef. That means he creates masterpieces with food. Each dish served was something to marvel at and savor; from appetizer, to main course, to drinks, to dessert. All incredibly made with the knowledge of spices, preparation, ingredients, combinations....

Beyond that Marvin is also involved in his restaurant and the people that visit. He truly cares about your dining experience. I was in Malta this year for my birthday, and my girlfriend made reservations but Tarragon had us booked for the next night. Marvin sat us, and *then figured out what was going on (which turned out to be my girlfriend's mistake on the day of Friday vs Saturday). THIS is how service should be done. He could have made us wait, and sourced it to someone else, but he made us comfortable, and then took care of the problem himself.

The night was perfect, and .. wait, did I say that the food was among the best I've ever tasted?!

Even at the end of the night, they were very busy. But he still made time to come over and give me a special nitrous drink 'on the house'. It's just one thing after another.

Cheers to you Marvin and all of the staff at Tarragon, I tell everyone that even thinks about going to Malta to visit you and your restaurant. Thanks so much for making my birthday very memorable. When I'm back in Malta, I will be making a return visit for sure.

• Visited June 2013
Valletta, Malta
“Absolutely great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

This is one of the very few top notch restaurants in Malta where you can count on having an excellent meal in a beautiful and romantic maritime-themed ambiance just by the sea. Food presentation is a five star experience as is the quality of the food. It is also the place for you if you'd like to try out molecular gastronomy. Professional service is guaranteed thanks to the very well-trained friendly staff. Chef Patron Marvin is a hands on man and has every reason to be proud of this unique gem in Malta. As a local, I can never get enough of it.

“Fantastic & exellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

We had wonderfull evening at Tarragon and they delivered above my high ecpectations. We were a couple and started with platters of capachios of tuna smoked at the table & beef, octopus, followed by mushroom filled cake, buffelmosarella and some fresh oysters. The presentation was flawless and taste was divine. This was accompanied with a magnificent affordable Sicilien white wine. I wish we had remembered the name. Mains were fillet steak, fresh tuna and prawns all grilled with perfection and delicous in taste. Our kids were also made a perfect pasta outcompeting any pasta we have had. The service staff was warm welcoming and professional something hard to come by in our 2 weeks in Malta elsewere dining out. Not to forget the stunning view we had on the second floor overlooking St Pauls Bay. All in all probably the best restaurant in Malta, and I can sincerly recommed it. Compared to the other restaurants we have visited in Malta its 7star, and really stands out from the rest of the tourist trap diners with exceptions from Portobello and Gilleru wich are also very good but not in Tarragon class. Many thanks to Chef Michael and headwaiter for exellent evening.