“twice under one week” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood, Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children, Entertaining clients, Doing business, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Da Rosi restaurant is mostly synonymous for speciality fish dishes, and other mouth watering specialities from the varied menu including meat and poultry dishes prepared by John and his team of experienced chefs. Specialities are also available daily. It also offers an indulging variety of desserts, including delightful home-made specialities. The relaxed atmosphere which one expects from a restaurant offering traditional, modern and genuine fine cuisine is at moderate prices, and also one that has been maintained throughout the decades by dedicated people. The wine menu is stocked with world-class selection of fine wines. The bar offers a huge variety of spirits, liquors and aperitifs at reasonable prices.
budapest
“twice under one week”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

We spent a week in Malta and our first dinner out was here. Even at that time we knew we will come back. We had the traditional maltese foods (rabbit, beef) and have really nice wines. Huge variety of wines. I can just highly recommend this place for anyone and not only because of the excelent foods but also because of the staff who were really friendly and provided an excellent service. If I would have a restaurant I would be happy to hire them.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

“A hidden gem! Fantastic food in beautiful Malta!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Having been to Malta for many years eating in some lovely restaurants we had never tried this restaurant, our lose for sure! The service to the food was just excellent. My husband loves seafood and said it was the best he had ever had, I had the lemon chicken and it was to die for. The staff are really nice and make you feel really welcome. It's certainly a nice place for a special occasion! Keep up the fantastic work Da Rosi and we will see you all in December!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Qormi, Malta
“what a lovely surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

After it was suggested to us by our friends, we decided to try Da Rosi Restaurant and we where not disappointed, in fact it was a very satisfying night. The place it self is not that big but it is elegant and certainly makes you feel comfortable and welcome. The stuff makes you feel more like a friend than a customer and the service is nothing less then excellent.
About the food. Without going in to much details, my wife an I both liked what we ordered so much so almost licked our plates. My wife ordered Spaghetti Marinara, I manage to have a taste of her dish and it was tasty and full of flavour. I started with an Octopus Starter which was served with olive and capers and light salad well presented. The portion of octopus was generous, as soon as tasted the octopus I knew I'm in for a good meal, again it was full of flavour and very tender, it was the best octopus I ever ate. Being Maltese I have been eating seafood all my live, it was even better than home cooked. My main course was a new experience for me, it was Spaghetti Rizzi (Rizzi are sea urchin) Maltese rizzi are delicacy. Ate rizzi many times before but never like this. The sauce was a new taste for me as well, the texture and flavour was very rich and delicate. It is obvious that the food is prepared with care and well presented. All this was washed down with couple of good quality white wine that sealed the night.
The prices are very reasonable and worth it. From our experience of that night both my wife and I will give ten out of ten and I'll be looking forward for the same experience in the near future.
Well done Da Rosi Restaurant, thank you and keep the good work up.
Dennis Saliba.

London, United Kingdom
“michelin quality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

We went here due to the quality of the food in the hotel opposite having taken a nose dive. Boy was it worth it. I had a large fillet steak and it was cooked to perfection.

The others in my group cleared their plates as did I. The service was very good and all the food was cooked from fresh.

Highly recommended restaurant which I will be returning to.

• Visited August 2013
St. Paul's Bay, Malta
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I would eat here more often if I could afford it! The food is incredible and the staff very welcoming. I have a young son that comes with us and some places can make you feel uncomfortable but here its like you are family. Great selection on the menu and the wine list is extensive. I love it!

Visited August 2013